Beau's New Journey Has Just Begun.......

Stormy

Oh Stormy.... Thank you so much for giving your Beau (and my Kenny) the chance to live the end of his life in luxury.

Beau was actually a dog who came into Albury Pound, old, thin, wearing a jacket after a major storm in his suburb. We located his owners who didn't want him any more :cry: . The wonderful Stormy has given him a wonderful end to his life.

]

We never knew exactly how old he was but he sure was rickety but such a lovely boy.

Rest in peace my beautiful Kenny boy and hugs from my family too.

Thanks all.....

Even though he wasn't well, was undoubtly old, and I'd only had him for 18 months, I feel shattered.

Until recently, he was the calm and dignity amongst my lot. When we came home, his tail was always the fastest to wag, and even though he was aged, he used to skip about like a lamb in his welcome home dance.

Beau had dementia and started recently again with the severve separation anxiety (even though he had the other dogs with him). We had him on clomicalm and Ace, due to the severe state of distress he would get into when we went out. He also started to get "lost" in our house and then cry in a really destressing manner till we came to him, to guide him back to their doggy lounge.

I hadn't planned on having him PTS yesterday as I was looking that get some blood tests done to see if they could find something as a cause for all this, but when the vet checked him over his recommendation was to give Beau his wings.

Beau was surrounded my my two daughters and myself, and we cradled his little body and told him how loved he was as he slipped away. While they were doing it I wanted to beg them to stop, but it was too late. :cry: (I have nothing but praise for my vets and their staff for putting up with me :eek: )

I truely hope that there is a heaven and that he's now there.

Oh gee Stormy, I understand your pain

I have had fosters for a few months that I have had to PTS and loosing them was as hard as my own

Beau is a beautiful old man and you gave him a great life for the 18 months you had him

You will both meet again in the next life

Sorry everyone for my blubbering..... :cry:

I had only just woken up (when I posted last) and came down stairs to only see three faces looking at me, and so started the feelings of self pity and misery :):eek: Plus I think I'm feeling guilty as now my daily life (not to mention sleeping too) has now become easier....

I know that Beau is now not feeling the severe stress and fear that he was with the seperation anxiety, and his spirit can now soar where his body couldn't take him.

I wonder (many times) why I actually own dogs, as I cope so poorly when their time comes :cheer:

I've come to the conclussion that when I meet Beau next, if he doesn't lift his leg on me, I will know that I've done allright :cheer:

*note I don't normally sleep in that late, just catching up from the last couple of weeks tending to Beau's night terrors

As your heading puts it so beautifully - Beau's New Journey Has Begun....

Fly free Beau :cry: no more pain or anxiety.

Know only that he had the best 18 months with you Stormy and it was the right thing for him. He will greet you with that wagging tail when you next meet.

I know that Beau is now not feeling the severe stress and fear that he was with the seperation anxiety, and his spirit can now soar where his body couldn't take him.

Stormy, your vet would not have suggested this lightly. Poor Beau can run free now. :thumbsup:

In South Africa I used to foster horses for the equivalent of GAP - failed racehorses. On their brochure they had a wonderful poem written from the animal's perspective about "not staying your hand in pity when the final deed is due". I can't remember the words enough to find the poem unfortunately.

In the end you did the best thing for Beau AND your family. Dogs are pack animals, and he will respect that.

I'm sure there will be no leg lifting in your next meeting. :scold:

No way Beau will lift his leg Stormy - he will run up, freely to you and your family (and hopefully me somewhere along the line too :thumbsup: ) - his legs won't be rickety, he won't be painfully thin and he will be the most beautiful fawn colour with such spark in his eyes. He will know that you gave him the best life he could have possibly had - the only thing that might make him lift his leg is the fact that he didn't get his whole life with you!