Bury Or Cremate

mutt lover

Hi my old girl isn't going to be around much longer and as I live in a rental house on 2 acres am not sure as to if I should bury her in the garden I made or get her cremated and then put her ashes in the garden or keep them with me if I move again, with a dog I had once who was killed in a dog attack I buried her in my garden of place where I was living but as place was sold and I had to move then place was demolished and units built on land so never knew if her resting place still remained and really upset me which is why I'm thinking of the cremation but would like others opinions.

Another vote for cremation here.

I had one of my dogs cremated when I still lived with my parents, because I wanted to be able to take her with me when I moved out, but my mum was so creeped out by the thought of having ashes in the house she made me bury them :p We barely spoke for years after that I was so upset. So, maybe check to see how your OH or anyone else you live with feels about the idea too.

Even now that I own my own house with OH, I'd still cremate for when we move one day.

Our darling girl passed away 2 months ago... :p

Wehad already decided on cremation for the reason that , wherever we go, we can take her with us.

When we got her ashes back - both my OH and I said ' she's home ' ... and took comfort that she was back with us.

my beautiful Daisy RIP is at a friend's property with daisies growing on her grave :thumbsup: I was in rented property at the time and in a small country town

that may be an option if you know a friend who owns their own property?

I too live in a rental. What I decided to do was scatter some of their ashes in the creek where we went for some of our best walks. I really like house plants so I repotted some and put some of their ashes in with the house plants so they continue to grow around me and I can take them with me when I move. It continues to give me comfort.

Cremation for all of ours, even though we own 5 acres, I am not expecting this to be where I will live forever.

My main concerns are my horses - you cant get them cremated and burying them is very traumatic - I have a friends' horse buried on my property because he was living with us when he died suddenly. Even the thought of leaving him behind makes me sad :thumbsup:

cremated - with instructions when i die, they are to be burried with me

Just talk to others about what they believe in, Dad was ok with getting Duke cremated, but didnt want his ashes back - he doesnt know i have them here :laugh:

In your situation I would cremate. I live in town, own my own house but I don't plan on being here forever. On my parents property where I grew up we have a pet cemetery so that is where my pets go. It is becoming quite large now - it has been there for 23years - and my poor old horse who is 33 is even going to be buried there. Here grave was been dug 2 winters ago as we thought we were going to lose her, but she continues to battle on and has made it through another freezing winter. Mind you I did go cover the grave up with mesh and boards as I was paranoid she may fall in it :laugh:

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for your thoughts Def think cremation is the way to go as my dear little Lady and I have been through so much together and is a nice way to have her with me. if only I could of done it with my horses over the years but at least they didn't go to pet food. :(

I've always rented until recently, so have always gone down the cremation path with all my past pets..

We have just bought a house, and hubby was digging up some dirt in our back yard the other day, and came across the last owner's deceased cat ( just a skeleton now) :cry:

So he dug a deeper hole and re buried it ...

We will probably bury ours here when the time comes, but will make sure we dig a long way down. (We have crows that find anything dead here grrr)

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

I prefer cremation, even though I own my house the ground is all clay and digging deep enough to bury is too hard.

I have one dog sitting on the breakfast bar :rofl: as his favourite place was the kitchen :rofl:

Cremation

Had friends who were renting 9 years ago and buried thier loved pooch inour backyard because we owned our house. We sold and moved.

We have recently lost our beautiful Cassie and although we own our house here we decided on cremation and she is on the mantle in our family room where she spent every other night with us and her mates.

Cremation all the way.