Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: How Often Do You Feed Sardines And Eggs? - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

How Often Do You Feed Sardines And Eggs?

#16 User is offline   bedazzledx2 

• Forum Regular
  • State:WA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

I feed a whole frozen sardine 2 or three times a week. I've just been given 2 dozen organic duck eggs. Anyone know if I can feed them to the dogs and how many?

View PostBoxer05, on 13th Aug 2010 - 07:01 PM, said:

Just expanding on different raw foods I am feeding my two girls. How often should I feed sardines and eggs?

#17 User is offline   Mim 

• The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:04 AM

We have sardine sunday where the dogs get sardines, yoghurt and a whole egg.

#18 User is offline   Genabee 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:11 AM

I was feeding predominantly dry food, however Genevieve has dandruff, so I have been feeding her sardines in oil every second day and raw egg (with shell) mixed in with her kibble once a week. I have been doing this for about a month now and I have noticed that she isn't scratching anywhere near what she was and the dandruff is clearing up. I plan to keep this up until the dandruff has gone, then I will drop her back to sardines twice a week...

#19 User is offline   Skruffy n Flea 

• w/ Bobbie my pretty feral :)
  • State:NSW

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

very interesting discussion here!

a few questions of my own tho :)

how much egg would you feed a 6 or 7 kilo dog?;
is egg fattening to dogs?;
how often would you feed the dog if it tended to easily add condition?;
is sardine better than tuna or mackeral?;

tia :thumbsup:

#20 User is offline   t-time 

• Hav 2 Hav A TT

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

S&F - my dogs are between 4-7kgs and the diet I feed is on the first page :confused: 2 whole eggs a week each is not a biggy as far as weight is concerned. Mind you, I'll feed an egg on 2 different days - not 2 eggs in a meal. Often I'll make a big batch of scrambled eggs and divide that up for the dogs.

Unless I have puppies or oldies or health issues, the diet is the same and they get fed once per day. If anything, some of mine are on the tubby side - BAD MUMMA! :laugh: - but if your dogs are used to being fed twice a day and are a little overweight, you can feed a little less and divide that into 2 meals. I think the mistake a lot of people make is to feed 2 full meals each day when in reality the requirements of a smaller (toy) dog are much less.

As for tinned fish, I like sardines as they are small fish for my small dogs and it just depends on which tinned fish your dog will eat but I'm sure someone will come along with a scientific analysis of why one fish is better than the other. :laugh:

Hope this helps. :eek:

#21 User is offline   Skruffy n Flea 

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

View Postt-time, on 18th Aug 2010 - 08:15 AM, said:

...Hope this helps. :bottom:

#22 User is offline   Skruffy n Flea 

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

View Postt-time, on 18th Aug 2010 - 08:15 AM, said:

... but I'm sure someone will come along with a scientific analysis of why one fish is better than the other. :thumbsup:

:bottom:

#23 User is offline   DaisyDog 

• Forum Member

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

View PostHanna Gibbs, on 16th Aug 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

I throw a whole raw egg in with some dry wibble usually twice a week, sometimes less. They get sardines, mackerals or salmon maybe twice, and kangaroo meat mixed with carrot and other vegies other nights. I sometimes have to scramble the egg for Mischa because she's too dainty for the yolk. :D

:) Our dogs get their own egg on toast every Sunday. My mother feels bad if they miss out *rolls eyes*

#24 User is offline   t-time 

• Hav 2 Hav A TT

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

embarrass.gif Our dogs get their own egg on toast every Sunday. My mother feels bad if they miss out *rolls eyes*

LOL - Mine would eat the egg and lick the butter off the toast - waste of bread! :o

#25 User is offline   Jaxx'sBuddy 

• Boston Terrier Fan
  • State:SA

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

my dog enjoys frozen whole fish, canned sardines and canned mackeral

#26 User is offline   bedazzledx2 

• Forum Regular

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Sometime when you're bored and want entertainment give your dogs a whole raw egg in the shell. If they are not experienced it can be very interesting to see how they go about getting the goodies out. My Aussie got it pretty quickly and now is very neat and carefull to make a small crack and lick the insides out. My BC is still confused by the whole thing! He knows there is good stuff in there but he is really reluctant to crack the shell and carries it around for a while, paws it and carries on until he cracks it by accident! Neither of them will eat the shell BTW

#27 User is offline   Genabee 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

View Postbedazzledx2, on 19th Aug 2010 - 10:17 AM, said:

Sometime when you're bored and want entertainment give your dogs a whole raw egg in the shell. If they are not experienced it can be very interesting to see how they go about getting the goodies out. My Aussie got it pretty quickly and now is very neat and carefull to make a small crack and lick the insides out. My BC is still confused by the whole thing! He knows there is good stuff in there but he is really reluctant to crack the shell and carries it around for a while, paws it and carries on until he cracks it by accident! Neither of them will eat the shell BTW

Give it to them outside though!!! The first time I gave G an egg, I had shell and egg white all over the house!!!

#28 User is offline   W Sibs 

• Chuck Em Skeet

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

Sardines with their bikkies 2 or 3 times a week. They have egg milkshake (shell and all) once a week.

Sometimes on the weekends, they will get a boil egg each for a snack.

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions