My Dogs Are Fighting!

Guest donatella

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Lucy is attacking poor Bon who is trying to dissappear into the lounge! Its quite full on as well, I think if there wasn't that much coat involved it would be far more disasterous. I agree with Huski, revoke all privlidges. They are earnt not to be taken for granted. I will be interested to see how it all goes.

I also wouldn't tolerate that at all, Poor Bon is living on the edge all the time, and yes crate is a very good idea until you get it sorted.

My way of dealing with it probably wouldn't be too popular, but agggressor would be unceramoniously dumped on the floor, then kicked off all furniture and if that wasn't adhered to, crated or removed from the room. All privlidges would be revoked immediately. They would have to work for everything, food, attention, everything, until their attitude was adjusted.

So far that seems to have worked for my dogs over the years. Apart from my Dobe bitches, they had to be seperated a lot of the time, but cold be togetehr if I was there but I didn't let my guard down with either of them or they would launch a stealth attack.

One night my Whippet bitch launched at my male after he had hopped off the lounge for a drink and then went to get back on. I grabbed her in midair, put her on the floor and sent her to her bed. She was not allowed off unless asked to and spend 4 nights on her bed on the floor whilst he could get up on the lounge with me. I have had to do it a couple of times but not for quite some time.

Edited by OSoSwift

Bon has nothing to do with it she currently lives in fear. This only happens when she's on the couch or on my bed etc which she has done her entire life so I'm not sure why Lucy is suddenly all high and mighty

perhaps because Bon is now adult , and has lost any 'puppy license' ?

Just watched that video - that ain't fighting - that is one dog attacking a submissive dog - = NASTY . :(

Yeah agree here that's just full on nasty :( Until you can try and sort it out I'd be locking them in seperate rooms especially as you do long work hours and Bon is obviously petrified.

Good luck.

Good luck Don. Hope your behavourist can sort your little B out smartly. She needs putting in her place ASAP. I would keep them separate until it's sorted. Poor Bon is terrified & living in constant fear about being ambushed. Gosh this is all your need after a house move. This would of only added to the tension between your 2. I'm guessing this has been brewing for a while & Lucy has decided to play 'miss nasty pants'. 2 bitches together ERRRRR... no matter what the size can cause an uproar.

Edited by BC Crazy

Guest donatella

Ok jane Harper is booked in but can't get to me until next Sunday as she has a workshop this weekend. Going to buy babygates and break the flat in 2 as there is a large hall way I can keep them separated

Ok jane Harper is booked in but can't get to me until next Sunday as she has a workshop this weekend. Going to buy babygates and break the flat in 2 as there is a large hall way I can keep them separated

I have spare baby gates if you are able to come and collect them. I am at Kholo.

Bon has nothing to do with it she currently lives in fear. This only happens when she's on the couch or on my bed etc which she has done her entire life so I'm not sure why Lucy is suddenly all high and mighty

perhaps because Bon is now adult , and has lost any 'puppy license' ?

Just watched that video - that ain't fighting - that is one dog attacking a submissive dog - = NASTY . :(

very nasty, crate time asap

Guest donatella

I have spare baby gates if you are able to come and collect them. I am at Kholo.

Thanks Ams am working at the Sunshine Coast today and won't get out of here until 6pm there is a cheapie shop right across from where i am hoping they sell baby gates

No fighting there - just one dog attacking. Poor little Bonnie - I wouldn't tolerate that crap for 5 minutes.

Offending dog would be locked away and I wouldn't leave them alone together, ever again.

I'll be interested to see what the behaviouralist has to say. Last year I had a foster dog behave in this manner with one of my dogs for no reason at all, he went out the door faster than you could say "foster dog" and was rehomed as an only dog.

Great that you are seeing Jane Harper - she has a good rep. Now that Bon is maturing Lucy could be trying to assert herself. She's also a bit unsure of herself, isn't she? Sometimes less stable dogs lash out at other dogs as a way of coping (not saying this is necessarily the case here, but my Lucy used to redirect aggression onto Fergus occasionally. It hasn't happened for a few years now and they are both safe together. They are a boy/girl combo and Fergus is submissive though).

Edit: Just watched the video. Very upsetting. Poor little Bon is sending Lucy all the "I don't want to fight" signals and Lucy is just ignoring them. That is a pretty fierce attack too. Completely unprovoked. I've never seen a dog attack like that before. Very, very viscous. :( .

Edited by megan_