Whats The Shortest Clip You Have Done

Hi'a

One of my customers likes her 2 malt / shih clipped off in a 10 blade. I did the dogs today and before i started I asked her if she wanted them the same as last time (10 blade) and she said yes unless you can do them any shorter. I said i couldn't and continued to do them.

I just wandered if any other groomers have customers who like there dogs done this short.

Edited by Muckypup

15# on Darcy's body .. by accident. :thumbsup:

By the time I noticed he had a big stripe down his back. I figured it was better to finish it than leave him that way.

Lily is white and I'd never do shorter than 5# on her.. her coat is too thin and she'd get more sun damage than she already has.

Edited by poodlefan

OMG a 40# is a SURGICAL Blade, and on a cat!! Im suprised she didnt tear it to shreads. A cats skin is like tissue paper.

:rolleyes:

But yes I do a few that like a 10# on their fluffies. They look bloody awful though. Mind you they are once a yearers so you can immagine the state of them when I get them

Edited by Doggrooma

I do a 10 on a couple of grossly overweight Cav's, & any dog that is badly matted, otherwise I always use a 7.

I clipped a maltese the other day & it came off as 1 big fleece, I have kept it to show people what will happen if they don't groom their dogs, i felt so sorry for the poor little dog it came off, stupid people.

(I'm not a groomer, but do 2 poodles at home)..

Shorter than a #10 on a MaltXShih?

I use a #15 to shave the apricot poodle's face, but you wouldn't want it that short on the body of a light-coloured dog.

I did the MIL's MaltXShih with a #5 on the legs and that was too short: looked like a mutant chicken :rofl:.

Our short blade last year was a #5 this year its #7f and #10's left right a centre. Its the dogs that are matted that people want left long. I do some cockers and shnauzer breed clips with #15. Looks sleak and smooth. Did a #15 on a dog that usually has a #10 in summer. Black and white. They say hes not as hot and they can sese ticks on him when they go bush and has the best skin no allergies. Its really up to the owner. Ill do almost anything as long as I dont have to hurt them to do it.