The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Iltby, I love Patient and confused, is there any tutorials I can look at to do my own signiture mark on my photos??

Thanks Tlc :(

It's insanely easy to do if you have Photoshop, here's how:

- Create a new canvas with whatever measurements you like and a transparent background

- Go to the type tool (T) and type out your preferred watermark, for instance Tlc photography - 2009

- Play around with the size, font and format until you've come up with something you like

- Go to Edit > Define Brush Preset, name your new brush and hit OK

- Go to your brushes (B) , scroll down to the bottom of your list and your new watermark brush will be sitting there

Another way to do it would simply be to have your watermark typed out in a saved document so that you could copy and paste it onto your photos. If you like the look of mine, I've just given the font an outer glow and reduced the fill opacity to 0% :)

ETA: Oh, I don't think I'll get around to today's photo, I'm having a really lousy day.

Edited by iltby

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iltby, I love Patient and confused, is there any tutorials I can look at to do my own signiture mark on my photos??

Thanks Tlc :(

It's insanely easy to do if you have Photoshop, here's how:

- Create a new canvas with whatever measurements you like and a transparent background

- Go to the type tool (T) and type out your preferred watermark, for instance Tlc photography - 2009

- Play around with the size, font and format until you've come up with something you like

- Go to Edit > Define Brush Preset, name your new brush and hit OK

- Go to your brushes (B) , scroll down to the bottom of your list and your new watermark brush will be sitting there

Another way to do it would simply be to have your watermark typed out in a saved document so that you could copy and paste it onto your photos. If you like the look of mine, I've just given the font an outer glow and reduced the fill opacity to 0% :)

ETA: Oh, I don't think I'll get around to today's photo, I'm having a really lousy day.

Thanks so much, I will have a play, I have PS but still learning. Sorry to hear your having a bad day, hope tomorows a better one!!

Alot of great photo's. :( I will come back and comment when I can. Busy today so went with a quick glam shot. I think my sis is sick of this challenge. :)

3195619145_94e26331b6.jpg

Changed pic to add some colour.

3195619131_4313bce582.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

tlc The duck bum is great :( I sure don't hold Coopers breeding against you .t I think he is one very spunky dog, but then he does have cocker in him :)

Have to agree with Bindi~Boo , Everyone is just so talented.

RIMG1268.jpg

Love the purple ears :( .....but then I am into coloured pooches.....check out my girl in Flickr :rofl:

TLC....we go to the drive-in at Heddon Greta just oustside of maitland NSW. Its great esp in sch hols :) 2 movies $30....set up your chair & nibblies...kids in PJs sleep on the way home :love:

I guessed that about about Coopers parentage ;) ....Yes I imagine there would be a few here in certain threads that would ignore you :rofl: but hey....we all love our dogs & yes yours are very cute. :)

Edited....cos I still can't spell :)

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Who remembers this game??

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Couldn't resist this pic of Coco in the heat, but how would I get rid of the sml shadow!!

Edited by Poodle Mum

Everyones are really great and such diverse work and awesome talent on here.

Huga great picture of your little boy, I like the colour. Question, were is Harrys canines? Are they broken?

CM thank you for your comments. I am really loving your pictures. Great you are perfecting one subject and going a great job of it.

JAG you did it. :( Wonderful moon shot.

Iltby great front head shot of your Husky.

persephone love the moon pic, lovely colour contrast.

PPS that is a great church pic. I think you have the angle, could go lower maybe. Was wondering with a tad more contrast might help. But it's great.

TLC great shot of the duck. :)

Huga great picture of your little boy, I like the colour. Question, were is Harrys canines? Are they broken?

They have worn down over time to become level with his other teeth. Whether that is due to how undershot he is, or just his ball obsession, I don't know. If he was a human, he would require severe orthodontic work :(

I have loved your pics everyday Rocco :love: I loved the legs series, I loved the 80s look of Roc's head and your legs and I especially liked the moodiness of yesterdays pics. Your poor sis though, she must be sick of this by now :)

Edited by huga

Great diversity today :(

loving the ducks bum :love: , the water looks nice and refreshing too.

Animal mad, especially love the last shot of child and dog smiling at each other, there is such an innocence in that picture, it is beautiful.

Rocco, your sister is gorgeous and you are taking great shots of her.

Love them all :)

They have worn down over time to become level with his other teeth. Whether that is due to how undershot he is, or just his ball obsession, I don't know. If he was a human, he would require severe orthodontic work :(

Oh wow, that is a great effort on his behalf then. :) Thanks on your comments. :love:

Today's

jan14.jpg

Like yesterday today was hectic. I am just pleased that this week so far I have picked up the camera every day. Tomorrow I am going to play with a litter of 7 week old BC babies so plenty of photo ops :(

Love everyones work, the diversity and talent in here is great. I am glad it is not a comp with voting as there is no way I could pick a favourite, too many fantastic shots.

More great shots this evening, Thanks for the lovely comments about my pooches and not holding it against me. I adore them and they are one of the best parts of my life (as well as my hubby) so your kind words mean a lot to me.

Animal mad, absolutley love love love the second shot of your gilrs, just beautiful, all good but that one is fab!!

Ravyk, love the first one of Spot, When the image was loading I was thinking what the, then I realised what it was doggy feet :hug:

What can I say Rocco, your pics are awesome as usual, your sister is very glamourous and very good to let you take pics of her, I tried it with my Hubby he said no way!!

Mtd, clever shot of the comby, when I firstlooked at it, I thought it was real!! Derrr, took me a miute to realize it was a model :hug:

Poodle Mum the drive in sounds great, reminds me of when we were kids, none around here anymore hasnt been for a long time. love the colors in your first pic, and your cat is divine, dont cats have the best life!!

Bindi, the ice melting is just great, how did you get that blue so Blue? It is awesome!!

Piper, love the birdie pic, hope you use one of your BC pup pics for tomorows Challenge, cant wait.

Lea, love your pics today the horseone especailly, love the light, is that an old church in the back ground?

Looking forward to tomorow, now Im back from my holiday I can concerntrate on finding something different each day and it is making me think about what I want to shoot.