Goodbye My Beautiful Buddy Boy

carlibud

I had to make the the heart breaking decision to end my buddy's suffering yesterday and I miss his smile so much. :)

You tried so hard Buddy Boy.Brydee is missing you so much.Sleep easy.

The Buddy Story

Three years ago we lost our lovely GSD bitch Tash. We couldn't even think of replacing her, the pain was so bad.Three months later I made the mistake or should I say great luck , of going to a show and seeing the lovely Schneeberg GSD breeders and their lovely dogs. They got Wilson out and he climbed into my lap and gave me a kiss, I was gone, I sat and the tears rolled.I had to go, thanked them for letting me say hello to their boy and went home and told my OH that I couldn't take the loneliness any more and we had to get another dog.I didn't know where I was going to start but asked at the Pet Barn if they knew of any breeders of GSD's in the area and they said No but they knew of a male that the owners were trying to rehome as they had sold their business and were wanting to find a good home for their dog.

I rang and they said "Yes he is the Guard dog for our business and needs to be rehomed" I was worried and said Well I dont think so as I have children and littlies around .He started laughing and said Can I suggest you come and meet him He dosn't even know how to bark ,he is only a guard dog because of his size :rofl: You were 6 years old

So we went and met you and you gave me a growl, which I know now was your hello give me a pat, but I was a bit worried .Well we decided to give you a chance and see how things went.You were the biggest sooky boy I have ever met in my life.You were never going to go anywhere once we got you home.

Guard Dog :rofl: You would of helped people carry anything away you big boofer. :laugh:

One day I took you to soccer training and it was the first time you had been in the car since I had got you. You cried and paced and whimpered and I didn't know what was wrong.I had to drag you out of the car, we stayed a while and you then raced to the car and laid down and didn't move.

I think you thought I was taking you away from us.Since that day, till this day, you have never made a sound when you were in the car.We would never have part with you Buddy but you didn't know that. :)

I got so sad when I thought of how you loved attention but had spent so much time alone with no one as company when you were Guarding the business. :)

We got Carli as a baby a few months later .She was the terror from hell was our Beautiful girl and you put up with so much.When she died last April you fretted dreadfully for her and we thought we were going to lose you to, you were so sad.But you pulled through that.

We got the Brydee brat in October and you perked up again with a new baby to play with.Mind you if she got too big for her boots you put her in her place.You were boss and you made sure they knew it :love:

Everyone adored you Buddy.Not a person that met you didn't rave about what a sweet heart of a dog you were.

When you got sick at Xmas they didn't know why you had such high temps but with antibiotic's you rallied and was your stubborn old self.For such a gorgeous boy you were a bugger for recall.You only came when you had finished doing what you wanted . :cry: Then give me that "I know, I know but I was busy" look :mad and walked slower than any dog I know just to let me know you were only coming cause you wanted to ,not because I wanted you to. :rofl:

When you started looking a bit sad on Saturday I thought Ok your not too well again, but you were still happy to chase your beloved drink bottle or ball or stick or ice cream container :mad literally anything that you could carry in your mouth.

But on Suday you were alot quieter and I made arrangement to get into the vet first thing Monday.

You got so sick so quick that you never stood a chance mate and I'm so sorry that I didn't know how bad things were .Your immune system was attacking itself . ;) :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sorry mate but I didn't know.

There wasn't any chance of you getting better and you didn't deserve any more pain you went down so quickly the vets couldn't believe it.

RIP Buddy we loved you so much, but you knew that, didn't you.!

9.06.1999---10.02.2009

My lovely sweet boy :cry:

100_0548.jpg

And having a cuddle with Brydee

100_6286.jpg

We were lucky to have you Buddy, thank you for your love.

Thank you for everyones thoughts,we loved him so much and it helps to put it in words just how much we loved him. :laugh:

He was a special boy.

It hasn't been a good 9 months with losing both Carli and Buddy but they have each other to look after now.

RIP my two beautiful angels. :love:

It has been a sad ,sad week with these fires. and as someone said I had to look at it that I was able to help him, as he didn't have to suffer for too long, not like these other poor babies.

Rip All the poor babies that didn't stand a chance.

Buddy will look after you up there.

Thank you Carlibud for giving Buddy the chance to know what being a loved family member was all about.

I am so sorry for the heartbreak you must be feeling but you can take comfort that Buddy and Carli will be together at the Bridge.

:laugh:

I am so sorry you had to make that decision CB, but it was in his best interest and ultimately, the kindest thing you could ever do for him.

When you look at the whole story, you saved him twice in his short life with your family. He went knowing he was really loved that's for sure.

Take care and huge that goof ball Brydee just that little bit tighter till you're ready to start healing.

RIP big boy. Take care of all those who have gone before you and go give Carli hell.