Meeting A Breeder- Gilbert Is Home!

Cosmolo

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, we are very pleased not just with Gilbert but with the breeder as well- she is seriously fantastic! She sets the bar unbelievably high for any future breeders we look to get a dog from. I did joke with her the other day about continuing to come to her place every 2 weeks for lunch after we take Gilbert.. :) She has made us a great lunch every time we've seen her!

Yes Clover- there were 3 roughs and one broken in the litter- i love his scruffiness :)

Can't believe this thread was started back in June- little Gilbert is well worth the wait ;)

I will have to add some photos of him being introduced to our dogs. I am sure they will welcome him with open paws :)

What swayed us? The pup we chose was really playful, coming running when we squeaked a toy or moved one for him, he was happy to be away from his littermates- they tended to hang out together while he was playing with us and then he was more than happy to fall asleep on our laps. He was also really brave- climbing under and over different surfaces and objects etc. The other pup was also playful but not quite as much and was a bit more of a whinger- not as outgoing, although quite close.

We were really pleased we both agreed too- would have been tricky if OH wanted one pup and i wanted a different one!!! :(

I'm glad everyone likes the name- i know its a little obscure but considering the number of dogs we see, it'll be nice to have a name that has no connotations and doesn't remind us of XYZ dog! It doubles at the name of a St Kilda player and reminds me of a childhood cartoon- Philbert the frog- but now we have Gilbert the dog. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to thank Viki Knowles at Blazeaway Park for her care, expertise, knowledge and wonderful communication with us throughout this process. We have struck gold with her as our breeder and could recommend her to anyone. It was absolutely worth the wait and i am so glad we didn't get impatient!

Edited by Cosmolo