July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

R&A - :laugh: You're on the right track, your technique is fine. If there is one thing you can do, perhaps steal a trick from Ripley and get some yellow or orange cellophane and put it over the end of your torch to give a warmer tone (tungsten effect.) :cheer:

LOL hubby suggested that I put something too!! I have no cello but will work something out :laugh::laugh:

mmmm wondering if putting a brown paper bag over OH's head will have the same effect...ponder......ponder...........

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a go with one of OH's toy cars :laugh:

I did a folio on this once at uni, and I did all my friends hotrods with a torch down at Frankston Pier, would love to post them but their are all on med format slides

Heres my effort tonight

paintwithlightcar1.jpg

Roxy, I love the ones with your kids, they look so innocent, but kinda Bill Hensony light wise

Really like some of them that have the words/drawings written with the torches too, very cool, like light graffiti

Edited by shoemonster

Black Magic - great shots for a first attempt particularly when you haven't had your camera for very long! Hope to see more from you in the challenges. :cheer: Your comments about the information I give are appreciated. Alex and I are actually putting together a one day lighting workshop for beginners and hope to go through Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Adelaide with it. Feedback like yours gives us a little more confidence that we are on the right track. :laugh:

Great results everyone :laugh: I think this is my favourite month so far!

Count me in if you ever do any workshops in Sydney :laugh:

I'm off work for the School holidays so looking forward to getting out with my camera more during that time.

Well I've had my first attempt tonight. After flicking through the manual again because I couldn't get the shutter to stay open even though it was on 20. It must have been .2 or something. Anyway, first couple had lots of noise, realising that after extensively cleaning my laptop screen :laugh:

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

so many more great shots today well done everyone.

Love the saddle!!

kja, your under water shots awesome as always!! Taht turtle shot is just fabulous!!

Loving this challenge to participate and just to see all the great ideas people are coming up with!!

Ash, I second RJ, we'd love you to come to our town to do a work shop!!

Edited by tlc

OMG I wish my f*cking dogs would stay STILL!!! :laugh::rofl::(

I've got my camera just for the night and nobody will cooperate and go to bloody sleep. I got one dodgy picture of Poppy.

3693997638_e600c5b127.jpg

give him a bottle of wine!

Works for me.

:laugh:

Shell this one is for you :laugh:

097.jpg

Thats what is outside our local cemetery.

Edt: All my photos have turned out crapola, sadly this is the best one :rofl: I will keep plugging away though.

Lol - the sign outside the cemetary we went to only had a warning about vandalism! The security guards that patrol the cemetary (among other things) saw us there - the laughed when i told them what we were doing and then left us to it!

I suppose I should go and take a photo tonight.... i might just go to bed instead though.