Tammy The 19yo Kelpie X From Canterbury Pound

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific news, Caz, for both girls. Great that you had a catch up as well.

All in all, quite an emotional day for you :rolleyes: .

:rofl: just what I was thinking Cyn.

So glad the day went a ok for everyone Caz. :eek:

Tammy gave them a run for their money lol, she chewed up 2 drips and barked at the staff constantly :) ... I can see her now, Wheres my mum?, Why am I in a cage?, I want medium rare rump steak- I dont eat dog food!, hey you, I want to go outside, I dont like that dog looking at me, now I have wet my vetbed cause you wouldnt take me outside..I want a clean one! bark bark bark!

She can be a bossy miss :rofl:

I love this! We used to say our 19 to 23 yr old Grandma dog, behaved like the Queen Mother when she went to the vets. Where are the servants to wait on me? Along with comments about what a grand old lady I am.

One big, tough middle-aged male vet, didn't have the heart to leave Gran in a clinic cage overnight, so he took her home & she slept beside his bed.

I'm glad Tammy didn't need any extractions. Little Gran did....& she had a rough couple of days after her op. But Tammy's come out true to her usual gorgeous form. Go, Tams.

Edited by mita

• 1 month later...

I thought it was about time I updated Tammy's thread as this gorgeous creature continues to amaze and amuse us daily.

P1020035.jpg

On checking her paperwork she was actually born in 1992 and chipped early 1993 so my sprightly old girl is actually 1 year older than we first thought :) She is 17 years old turning 18 later this year. Tammy has gone from strength to strength since having her dental work done. She is on a renal diet and we have also fixed her incontinence problem so no more wet beds! Yay :) ..

Isn't she beautiful :thumbsup: , I just adore that snowy mask and her soft ears, she is the perfect dog in every way!

P1020004.jpgP1010911.jpg

She is so fit! I hadn't been taking her for walks in the early days, I was worried about over doing it with her and she did lots of laps of the yard numerous times every day. Then she started to leap up at me and grab the lead whenever she saw me getting them out, prancing in circles excitedly and barking at me....obviously she wanted to go to!. I took her with Rocko as he doesn't walk as far or fast as the young girls and I avoid the hills for him. She did it standing on her ear while poor Rocko was panting away :offtopic:

After a few more of those easy walks I took her to the beach and she just about dragged us the full length of McCauley's and back before heading off into the water up to her neck ;) , I wasn't dressed for swimming but Im sure she would have gone in further if I had been. When she got out she was all excited and did zoomies up and down like she does after a bath. She has us laughing so often with her totally unexpected antics. Im sure she has no idea how old she is, here I was thinking she would be sleeping away her days in front of the lounge room window! ;)

She initiates play with my latest foster puppy Lani, play bowing and jumping about in front of her when she wants Lani to chase her :laugh: just one more behaviour that surprised me :offtopic: , Lani is a BIG 22kg 20 week old pup...twice her weight but they zoom all over the yard with Tammy hurdling things like stairs and the garden bed, she will do a wide graceful jump over just about anything...a toy, the hose...it had me wondering if maybe she had done agility in her younger years?.

P1020008.jpgP1020016.jpg

Lani plays with her very differently to how she plays with the other dogs, Tammy showed her chasing is great fun but touch me and I'll tell you off :) , its wonderful to see such a switched on pup learning from such a special old lady.

Tammy is inspirational! We all love her to bits and Im so very proud of her. When my kids returned after being with their dad for a week Tammy was beside herself with excitement, she was jumping clear off the floor, barking and wagging madly. She had clearly missed them very much, it was wonderful to see and made me think about how old is too old to rehome a dog? Not that I would ever part with Tammy but she is such a happy girl and even with minimal vision and no hearing she has adapted so well and is truly a part of our family. It feels like we have had her forever! I wouldnt have thought that would happen with such an elderly dog.

This is her friend Lani. Lani was 10.9 kg 1 month ago when she had her first vaccs, last week before getting her booster C3 she weighed in at 22kg.... she is the fastest growing pup I have ever seen :) Her skin is huge, you could fit another Lani size dog in it with her :( She is squishy & scrumptious, easiest puppy ever!

P1020025.jpg

Caz.. :)

P1020004.jpg

This picture is worth a thousand words, what a wonderful girl! :thumbsup:

Great job Caz, she was so worth it!

I agree - what a beautiful girl!!! Great job Caz, she looks sooo very happy. And to think, she would of been long gone now, what a waste it would of been - go the oldies!!!! :offtopic::offtopic::laugh:

• 8 months later...

Thought it was time for another update :( Tammy has been with us for 11 months now....how time flies. She will be 18 next month.

She just gets better and better, I havn't seen any changes that might indicate she is actually getting old :rofl: . She still gets straight up of a morning and trots out for a wee, no sign of stiff joints. She eats too well, I have to stop her pinching the other dogs food, she still runs up the path to me, can outwalk Rocko (and me Im ashamed to say :) ) and loves a swim!

I am still besotted with her and can't believe how lucky we are to have had her for almost a whole year!

Here are some pics of her from last week..

She loves going out.

Heading to the beach, yippee!

P1050206.jpg

P1050211.jpg

I was going 'oo ahh the water's cold!' but not Tam, she was in a hurry to get across the lake to the surf!!

P1050227.jpg

P1050262.jpg

Mum's to slow, the surf is just there!

P1050244.jpg

Yay surf!

P1050252.jpg

Isn't she beautiful !! :rofl:

P1050235-1.jpg

Home time :(

P1050265-1.jpg

Im just so lucky to have found her! I only wish she was turning 18 months old instead of 18 years then Id have a whole lifetime of her to look forward to. She's my girl :rofl: ;)