Meet My New Puppy - Name Decided - Meet Earl

MsKatie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Humphrey Bogart ..... look at his eyes in the second pic. LOL

Good suggestion - OH had BB (for BB King) or Jed (from Beverly Hillbillies theme song)

He likes the Blues - so - any other ideas I can throw at him?

Elwood! (from the Blues Brothers movie) :eek:

I know kelpiemum - call him 'mine" and be done with it :heart: :nahnah:

You know you don't need slobbery lips in the hot weather, the big droopy lips and jowls slapping on you in the middle of the night, the panting, the puppy breath etc do I need to go on or should I just pm you my address now :eek:

You know you don't need slobbery lips in the hot weather, the big droopy lips and jowls slapping on you in the middle of the night, the panting, the puppy breath etc do I need to go on or should I just pm you my address now

But surely all that slobber would cool you down in the hot weather ;)

I do like the name Elwood :laugh:

Congratulations - he was my favourite in the litter. Are you going to show him?

Wasn't planning on showing him - going to obedience train him (apparently this will be an intersting task - oh well - never been one to turn down a challenge :))

Umm I TRIED to do obedience with mine, focus - yes on what SHE wanted to focus on, good luck kelpiepupmum, I am having flashbacks. :)

Must go lie down, take panadol, think happy thoughts :rofl:

It's the jealousy talking, not me, I promise ;)

Oh my god I'm turning into my 7 year old :laugh:

Wasn't planning on showing him - going to obedience train him (apparently this will be an intersting task - oh well - never been one to turn down a challenge :))

Get a copy of the book "When Pigs Fly! Training Success With Impossible Dogs" by Jane Killion - brilliant :laugh:

Umm I TRIED to do obedience with mine, focus - yes on what SHE wanted to focus on,

It's the jealousy talking, not me, I promise

:) sounds like the 10 year olds in my class

casowner - I promise you lots of squishy cuddles - and as much drool as we can spare - lots of it I assure you ;)

Get a copy of the book "When Pigs Fly! Training Success With Impossible Dogs" by Jane Killion - brilliant

Sounds like I might need it :laugh:

Edited by Kelpiepupmum

Wish you were showing him, I'd have to get cuddles every show! Look at his squishiness! :rofl: Looking forward to meeting him at a DOL meet eventually!

OH saw the pic and goes "We will have to have a Bloodhound one day." :thumbsup:

Wasn't planning on showing him - going to obedience train him (apparently this will be an intersting task - oh well - never been one to turn down a challenge :thumbsup:)

Ignore what everyone is saying about good luck to you obedience training him (sorry guys!). Yes, they are hounds, but it is possible. Mum trialled a bloodhound bitch successfully for many years. They may not be like a working dog (etc) to train, but it is most certainly possible.

Good luck with your new puppy.

Edited by AshleyB

Looking forward to meeting him at a DOL meet eventually!

OH saw the pic and goes "We will have to have a Bloodhound one day."

Tell him to give Centitout a ring when the time is right and have a chat with her :thumbsup:

Ignore what everyone is saying about good luck to you obedience training him (sorry guys!). Yes, they are hounds, but it is possible. Mum trialled a bloodhound bitch successfully for many years. They may not be like a working dog (etc) to train, but it is most certainly possible

Thanks AshleyB - I am currently training our 18 month old kelpie bitch so I assume a male bloodhound WILL be very different - the instructor at the Obedience club I go to said to bring it out and he will work with me - he says it is just a different approach :rofl: but it is great to hear about someone who has succeeded with a bloodhound :rofl:

You know you don't need slobbery lips in the hot weather, the big droopy lips and jowls slapping on you in the middle of the night, the panting, the puppy breath etc do I need to go on or should I just pm you my address now

But surely all that slobber would cool you down in the hot weather :rofl:

I do like the name Elwood :thumbsup:

Congratulations - he was my favourite in the litter. Are you going to show him?

Wasn't planning on showing him - going to obedience train him (apparently this will be an intersting task - oh well - never been one to turn down a challenge :rofl:)

Elwood is a great name, congrats he is very cute

choco will be jealous as i have a new love in my life from 2010 ....

As long as he doesn't try to eat his rival for your affections :o:eek::eek::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::( :p

Earl is a wicked name.................hope your doing well too...so happy that the dream is now reality and he will be with us in the very near future.......... :) :D