Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Rommi n Lewis, I was there 1993-7. And I think the boarders liked us "daybugs" I know the ones that came to dinner or stayed for the weekend certainly weren't complaining

Some of my best buddies were daybugs!

I never complained and I think they enjoyed farm visits as well.

I did have some good times - some naughty ones, but I had my horse there so that kept me sane.

God now i do feel old!!!!! I was there from 1987 to 1991! My last house was Hudleston, I was a prefect of year 8"s if only they had part of an idea about what we used to get up to!!!!!!

I did hear they were closing it down, I wonder what they will do with it as I think a lot of the buildings are heritage listed???

I actually found out from my Stock Agent who is also a former Swanleighan! We are every where!!!!

I was in Hudleston then they closed it and I went to Freeman.

They are keeping all the buildings and using it as a facility for camps and courses and things. Just not college boarders, which is a shame.

I'm looking forward to the Classic! Only a spectator though, but I intend to hunt down a certain Chesapeake Puppy for cuddles :scared:

I'm looking forward to the Classic! Only a spectator though, but I intend to hunt down a certain Chesapeake Puppy for cuddles :eek:

Think theres gonna be quite a queue!!

Its ok Rommi n Lewis - you can stop looking for grey hairs now - I left school in 1984 :scared:

Mirawee - Maybe I should do some jumping with Wandy, til I can train the other stuff!

Rat

Mirawee- Me and Toby will be at agility next term, we will be in the beginners class though.

Mim- From memeory the oval at Midland was quite well lit.

Lab Rat and Amypie- Lincoln will be there Saturday and Sunday and available for cuddles most the night :laugh: . He is first up in the gundog group (unless someone has a brittany) so will be free most the evening.

BnB- Nice to see you here! Will you and your Wei's be at the classic? You and Winnie qualified for puppy of the year didn't you? Has it been yet?

Nic c- In Chesapeake's its just called brown (or light/dark brown) I think he will turn out dark brown. His eyes are yellow and will stay that way (hopefully)

I was in Hudleston then they closed it and I went to Freeman

Why did they close it? It was the only one I actually liked as when I was in it in year 12 I had my own room - even got my name on the prefects wooden shield thingy on the wall - must be famous :laugh: . When I was in it in year 8 it was 10 to a dorm with no dividing walls! Have the numbers dropped a lot or do they just not make enough money to keep going?

Its ok Rommi n Lewis - you can stop looking for grey hairs now - I left school in 1984

It's too late..............I FOUND SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***sniffle sniffle cry cry****** wanders off to book an appointment at the hairdresser..........................

Yep, group 5 Saturday and Sunday, a new baby fluffy (which still isn't mine)! Am only showing Bosley on Monday night but only if it doesn't clash with Dancing (which starts at 8pm, probably about the time he will be due in the ring!). Haven't shown him for ages now, not since Bunbury, he is in one of the days this weekend. He is also in Obedience at the Classic, sitting on 2 passes at the moment so fingers crossed :laugh:

Washa

Are you showing the cute young BC Sat nite Washa??

How Bosley boy going? Not showing him?

Rubystar - darn I was hoping for agility to be on Friday or Saturday nite. Being three hours from home I dont really want to be away aaallll weekend :p Maybe Saturday & Sunday nites would be better! Will have to go back to the drawing board now!

Rat

Are there any DOLers who go to Midland Dog Training Club?

I have done. I'll be back this year for proofing so we're trial ready :p .

http://www.midlanddogtraining.com/

I'm planning to enrol next month as we're moving up to the hills soon. If you see me come and say hello, I'll be the harrassed looking women with the mad Lakeland Terrier who wants to play with everydog or person in sight :laugh:

Me and my baby, minor and open whippet are all entered in the Western Classic, looking forward to it. This weekend will be good practice - running around with 3 whippets in the heat for the whole weekend!!

On a completely separate topic - i just experienced something very funny on here, i was reading a topic started in general, as i was reading it i was thinking - this is going to get deleted (was already about 6 pages!!) and then *POOF* before my very eyes it was gone - as i was reading the last page!! Cracks me up some of the people on here!! Provided me with some entertainment before night shift tonight!! :)

I have done. I'll be back this year for proofing so we're trial ready :scared: .

I'm planning to enrol next month as we're moving up to the hills soon. If you see me come and say hello, I'll be the harrassed looking women with the mad Lakeland Terrier who wants to play with everydog or person in sight :)

I will be there with my blue merle collie too! he will be the one completely obsessed with any round object and I will be smiling hoping noone realised we have no idea what we are doing :(

I have done. I'll be back this year for proofing so we're trial ready :laugh: .

I'm planning to enrol next month as we're moving up to the hills soon. If you see me come and say hello, I'll be the harrassed looking women with the mad Lakeland Terrier who wants to play with everydog or person in sight :(

I will be there with my blue merle collie too! he will be the one completely obsessed with any round object and I will be smiling hoping noone realised we have no idea what we are doing :scared:

I might be joining with me training Muddy and my younger brother training Daina. I'm still checking out other obedience clubs though so if anybody has recommendations? :) I won't go to northern 'burbs training again because I didn't like it when I took Sarge and the classes are huge.

ETA I'm in metro perth but willing to travel for a good club :laugh:

Edited by Mim

He is also in Obedience at the Classic, sitting on 2 passes at the moment so fingers crossed ;)

Washa

Awesome! Which class and what breed?

On a completely separate topic - i just experienced something very funny on here, i was reading a topic started in general, as i was reading it i was thinking - this is going to get deleted (was already about 6 pages!!) and then *POOF* before my very eyes it was gone - as i was reading the last page!! Cracks me up some of the people on here!! Provided me with some entertainment before night shift tonight!! :)

Now I wanna know what this thread was about - love a good read, shame I missed it ;)

I'll be at the classic Saturday and Sunday nights... Weim and Old English both nights...Valleywa you are welcome to sit with us again if you like - that way when people seek you out I can meet them too!!

Are you showing your ES? I might come down on Sunday night (dogless), so might hunt down some DOLers for company :)

Can anyone please tell me where I can find out what groups are being shown what nights? Is it online anywhere or do I have to go and hunt down my copy of the Canine News? I'm too lazy to get up off the chair ;)

I would love to take you up on that offer ST ;) . I will be first of the gundogs so I will be there nice and early and can get us a good spot by the gundog ring! Plus then I get to meet your OES and see Ari again.

I'll be at the classic Saturday and Sunday nights... Weim and Old English both nights...Valleywa you are welcome to sit with us again if you like - that way when people seek you out I can meet them too!!

Guest belgian.blue
I might be joining with me training Muddy and my younger brother training Daina. I'm still checking out other obedience clubs though so if anybody has recommendations? :D I won't go to northern 'burbs training again because I didn't like it when I took Sarge and the classes are huge.

ETA I'm in metro perth but willing to travel for a good club :D

Come to the Vic Park training club. If you want the park name I will hunt it down for you :rofl:

Starts Wednesday 3rd Feb.

A few Dolers going here, including me and my Belgian.

Guest belgian.blue

Can someone please tell me more about this??

Or share a website link?

Pretty please ..

Unfortunately our dogs get too old or have already reached the limit of their acheivements and in order for us to continue our activities we need new blood, but that doesn't mean that we want to get rid of our old mates to make room for the new.

Are you sure? I don't mind taking Gizzy of your hands :D :rofl:

You would think of all the councils CoGosnells would be the most understanding when it comes to dogs because the CAWA grounds are in CoG, so of course there are going to be a lot of people in the area involved in dog activities.

:rofl: :D :rofl: Now you know I wouldn't part with my Gizzy boy but you are welcome to plenty of Gizzy hugs at the DOL meets as long as I can get Trixie hugs. Gee, she is starting to look so grownup in you signature photo. Roll on cooler weather and another DOL meet.