Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

happy birthday ososwift!! :( ;) :o:eek::rofl:

RS I have a soft spot for whippets... ever since I met PD888s little guy and probably a little before then.

I think i convinced my mum to get one when she's older and can't handle a wei anymore.

I think they'd be suited to my mum too, but dad wants a Lab (just cos he can't have Millie :D)

Happy birthday OSoSwift :o

Wondering if there are any places NOR to buy raw pet meat? I'm brand new in the world of NOR. I know where Bunnings is, so that's a great start :(

Used to buy it all from A&D pets in Midvale but now is a little too far away! I've run out now and have no idea where to get some.

eta - I'm in the Joondalup region.

Can't really help I'm afraid as I just get mine the Big Dog or Dr B's patties and supplementary bones. I just pick up lamb ribs and chook necks etc when I see them at supermarkets. Mine are only small though so they don't get through too much :rofl:

Looks like my sister isn't opposed to the idea of a Whippet as one stage they were considering adopting a Greyhound, and remembers Whippets being "little greyhounds" :o

So, can anybody please tell me when we might see some at a show because she'd like to meet some Whippets in the flesh? Ta! :(

Happy birthday Ososwift!!!! Hope it's a great one!!!! :o:(:rofl:

RS I have a soft spot for whippets... ever since I met PD888s little guy and probably a little before then.

Yep I always liked Whippies but meeting Buzz tipped me over the edge, he is just beautiful! Such a confident little guy. Hopefully one day I'll get one!

Trixie is off the pain killers - she definitely has her bounce back :eek: Trying to keep her quiet with mixed results. One foot is almost back to normal - the other still bad, the swelling seems to have caused the skin to split between the outside toe and the inner toes, I keep bandaging it but the moment I'm not looking she rips it off - if only she knew how much I paid for that roll of vetwrap! ;) Keeping an eye on it, if it gets any worse off to the vet again

Thank you all for your birthday wishes :o I am feeling a little old today!

I have a Kindle - plus accessories and a lovely set of Salad servers from my mum which is great because I didn't have any!

Oh and Whippets are brilliant little dogs. I thought they were ideal for my situation before I got them. Now I know they are prefect and they surpassed my expectations. We will always have Whippets from now on. So much so that when Rommi has her babies we will have 3 Whippets. Very much agreed to by my OH who was never really a dog preson until we got the Whippets. Now he lets them get away with all sorts of stuff he has never allowed our dogs to do in the past.

Happy birthday Ososwift!!!! Hope it's a great one!!!! :o:(:rofl:

Yep I always liked Whippies but meeting Buzz tipped me over the edge, he is just beautiful! Such a confident little guy. Hopefully one day I'll get one!

Trixie is off the pain killers - she definitely has her bounce back :eek: Trying to keep her quiet with mixed results. One foot is almost back to normal - the other still bad, the swelling seems to have caused the skin to split between the outside toe and the inner toes, I keep bandaging it but the moment I'm not looking she rips it off - if only she knew how much I paid for that roll of vetwrap! ;) Keeping an eye on it, if it gets any worse off to the vet again

Poor Trixie, hope she is well soon!!

Happy birthday Ososwift :D

Happy birthday OSoSwift :o
Wondering if there are any places NOR to buy raw pet meat? I'm brand new in the world of NOR. I know where Bunnings is, so that's a great start :(

Used to buy it all from A&D pets in Midvale but now is a little too far away! I've run out now and have no idea where to get some.

Can't really help I'm afraid as I just get mine the Big Dog or Dr B's patties and supplementary bones. I just pick up lamb ribs and chook necks etc when I see them at supermarkets. Mine are only small though so they don't get through too much :rofl:

Unfortunatly A & D are the only ones this side of the river that do Pet Meats. Oh wait there is a stand at the Wanneroo markets in Wangara, they do some mince and meat and bones but are more pricey than A & D and dont have as big a selection.

Wondering if there are any places NOR to buy raw pet meat? I'm brand new in the world of NOR. I know where Bunnings is, so that's a great start :o

I'm the same as I worked east way and used to drop past A&D to pick up my meat but now I'm on maternity leave it's a bit far. Drovers market (cnr Wanneroo and Joondalup dve) have a few pet meat products. I get chicken carcasses from the Spud Shed at Wanneroo markets - although they didn't have any when we went there on Monday :(

On the weekends at the Wanneroo markets there is a stand that sells pet meat but it's a bit pricier than A&D (sorry just realised I repeated what Candice said) and we get a bag of bones from our local IGA for $5 which are quite meaty but the bag is a bit on the small side.

If you find any other places I would love to know too!

Edited by Adele

I've posted this in the photo section, but thought I'd pop it in here as well......

Mason2009 and I are heading to Perth Zoo next tuesday morning to wander around with our cameras for a while :o

Anyone else who's interested is more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier :o

Awww poor Trixie, split toes sounds sore :) hope it heals very soon :)

Guest english.ivy

I often get bones from Drovers but I've phoned up Leonards in Joondalup and they very happily agreed to holding 5kg of minced frames for me. Only $1kg!

I was impressed with how nice she was, the Leonards I used to go to in Vic Park, they were horrible with pre-ordering.

Now I just to find a supplier of lamb or roo meat for Ivy. Though I am looking to buying a freezer so I can buy in bulk and just make the journey to A&D once a month. There is a game/roo place in Wanneroo so I might have to go see them .. She can eat chicken for now!

Happy Birthday Ososwift! Did you order some BH the other week? I went to see Wendy [bH rep] and she just got back from dropping off some BH for transport to Esperance and it made me think of you.

By the way, Wendy is really awesome. She's helping big time to make it easier for me to collect 20kg of BH when I need it.

Guest english.ivy
I've posted this in the photo section, but thought I'd pop it in here as well......

Mason2009 and I are heading to Perth Zoo next tuesday morning to wander around with our cameras for a while :o

Anyone else who's interested is more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier :o

Oh damn, I have work! We should go out a weekend photo adventure one day :) My 550D doesn't get used enough :)

Poor Trixie :o Hope she is better soon :)

I like Whippets but don't think I would get one just because of my lifestyle LOL. You will find Whippets at pretty well any show as they are quite a popular show breed.

For meat, go and ask your butcher. We have a butcher near Swan Districts that gives free boxes of bones (offcuts) for the dogs :o

Guest english.ivy
For meat, go and ask your butcher. We have a butcher near Swan Districts that gives free boxes of bones (offcuts) for the dogs :o

I just moved to the northern suburbs four days ago! But I'm sure I'll find a nice butcher somewhere :)

You will find Whippets at pretty well any show as they are quite a popular show breed.

Thanks!

Sister is keen on the whippet, says they sound ideal for her, hubby and their 3 year old. She wants to go and visit some dogs and breeders at shows now with her son :o My family joke all the time with me (more like trying to stir me up) about getting a dog from a less than reputable place, but it's good to see that when it comes down to business, they have taken note and are asking me for advice and are looking at going through the proper channels :)

So Whippet people (OSOSwift?), can I please ask do the breed have any genetic health problems we should be looking out for them to be tested for? Any other info needed to aid us in finding a reputable breeder? When are you breeding, OSOSwift? :)

Edit: I want to ensure this whole thing is a good experience for her as it's her first purchase of a purebred dog (and from a registered breeder) and I don't want her regretting it :o

Edited by RubyStar

Some Whippets can be shy/timid, try and find a breeder that has confident ones, talk to PD8888 and try and meet Buzz, he is a good example :o

That's is what I will be looking for if I get a Whippet in the future.

Some Whippets can be shy/timid, try and find a breeder that has confident ones, talk to PD8888 and try and meet Buzz, he is a good example :)

That's is what I will be looking for if I get a Whippet in the future.

Thanks :o PD8888, where arreee yooooouuu? :o *runs off to PM land*