Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Fireworks alert!

Evidently the new Bunnings on Wright Road Harrisdale will be having a fireworks display on Friday evening around 8pm so if you know of anyone in the area who has dogs who could be upset by it warn them

This was posted on FB

Right next to the kennel zone.... good one :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning - my dogs haven't been bothered by fireworks in the past but that new Bunnings is pretty close to me - hopefully they won't be too loud.

Lovely to meet you (properly) too CC

Boxagirl and poo-fong well done at the open show!!

boxagirl were you at canine on Thursday? I thought it may have been booker but I wasn't sure!!

Yep that was me and Booker- I saw someone with a Wei pup and though it might have been you :laugh:

What day is the obedience on at the Royal?

Monday :)

And Arab Derivatives are the same day ;) Although I will have Nova there not Raven :rofl: Hopefully Raven will have her turn next year :)

Score! I don't work Mondays. I might just have to come. :D

I'm in Sydney but have been asked to help a 6 yr old male Beagle in WA who is needing a new home as his owners are going overseas in mid October.

I emailed the Beagle Club on Friday but have had no response.

Any help would be appreciated - they went to the RSPCA who said they'd only keep him for 6 months.

Did you you email Heather Jones ?? If so her house was broken into on the weekend & computors stolen so i would try the other numbers

Fireworks alert!

Evidently the new Bunnings on Wright Road Harrisdale will be having a fireworks display on Friday evening around 8pm so if you know of anyone in the area who has dogs who could be upset by it warn them

This was posted on FB

I can confirm this - OH is organising it, it's his baby! :)

I told him people wouldn't be happy with it right next to the kennel zone....

Edited as my typing made my comment the opposite to what I meant

Edited by CareyJ

Fireworks alert!

This was posted on FB

I can confirm this - OH is organising it, it's his baby! :)

I told him people would be happy with it right next to the kennel zone....

Not the people in the area ,it is the start of School holidays so everyone is having to take greater prep for those dogs in boarding & any fear issues that may occur due to the fireworks

Oh hope everyone keeps their puppers safe, someone near my mum's house set some off last night thankfuolly by the time we realised what they were they were over as her dogs freak, they scared my poor son he was almost in tears :(

just got in from walking Rosie at a dog friendly oval (yay day off from TAFE) and met a dog we had met once before, a huge bernese mountain dog - gorgeous, I have always admired this breed. Then her friend came along with her beautiful golden retriever. I gave them lots of pats and NOW I STINK OF DOG! No offence to any of you that own doggy smelling dogs, but i had forgotten how wonderfully non doggy my terrier smells. It has reaffirmed for me why i chose a dog that although drops tiny needles of white hair everywhere, she does not need clipping and she does not smell!!

i actually have to change my jumper as well and although i have washed my hands they still smell doggy.

Do you just get used to the smell and not notice it if you have these more doggy smelling dogs?

They were gorgeous to look at and to stroke, but......

Amypie has an even better dog - non stinky and she has such a sleek coat i don't believe she sheds at all!! :-)