Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It was a great night - hopefully its a sign of how well they will all do in 2012 - great bunch of dogs and people :)

I'd like to say so for mine but it's safe to say that come 2012 we'll be back to wondering what the heck went wrong :rofl: I already know what it is, daytime :) So I don't foresee a lot of daytime obedience trials in my 2012. Will do a few early in the year while it's still coolish perhaps, but when it's hot and my dogs don't want to work I feel like strangling them! Night time trials work best for us :D So proud of my 2 kiddies last night :cheer:

Hi Everyone - BIG massive congratulations to Mason, Ruby, Millie, Brookie, Strauss, Scooter and Jasper :thumbsup::cheer::happydance2::cheer::thumbsup: plus owner/handlers of course!

You should all be so incredibly proud of your dogs - you do fabulous work with them and it shows that despite all the mishaps, bad trials etc, your dogs always come through and make you SO proud. I really hope that one day I can join you all in celebration with my own dogs...

My weekend in comparison has been rather uneventful - went to a show last night and got DCC and RUBOB with Jojo, Charlie's son - his sister won BOB :thumbsup: I also showed a Weim of a fellow club member last minute and won BOB with him :)

This morning I took Lulu to the beach and met JT's owners there - Lulu had a wonderful time and did a LOT of swimming and running, met lots of other dogs and played with them all. She was retrieving to hand from the water (no shaking first 80% of the time) which was quite impressive!!

Off to another show tonight to show Jojo again... it's so awfully hot and I'm not looking forward to it!! Even worse, this weekend has gone so very fast and I can hardly believe it's Monday tomorrow :(

Welcome home RV!!!! :cheer: But I guess it's not such a nice welcome to have to go back to work ;)

No training tonight, it's the SR Xmas party.

My kiddies are now on a semi-training break. Not completely, but they are going to get lots of time off and more walkies. I am looking forward to having the time to head out and take them for a walk in the warm evenings! I so need the exercise!!

Edited by RubyStar

I am so tired! Am nearly happy to be at work so that I can rest :rofl:

Such a full on weekend just passed with barely any time to sit down all day!

For some silly reason I thought entering 3 shows over 2 days was a good idea :p However if your dogs do well you end up running around lots!

Banjo was his usual self... has broken ears under cover as it is so noisy and would much prefer to be riding on the quad bike than stacking in the show ring :p Particularly given how humid it was yesterday :(

However the Lappies certainly made up for it!

Taavi (boy baby) was a good boy all weekend and his owner should be very proud of him :) She needs to find something to wear for his last show in Baby though as she IS going to have a go at showing herself :D

Lumi (Taavi's sister) was also much better behaved for her owner than at her first show.

Anikka (girl baby - unrelated to the other 2) is just a star! She has now won Baby in Group at all 5 shows she has been in, and also won BABY IN SHOW on Saturday :D But what I can't believe is the attitude on this little 4.5 month old livewire! She ended up in the ring 12 times over the weekend and even at 10.30 last night showed her socks off. This girl just gives 110% in the show ring (even if she is apparently a "tornado with teeth" at home :rofl: ) I wish she was mine as she would be a super sports puppy as well - might have to tell Lauren she will need to aim her at agility and obedience too :D

Arlo (Intermediate boy we bred - lives with Lauren) is also just the bestest dog :D He won Intermediate in Group on Saturday and at the Open show yesterday. He also looked after Lauren so well in the Open show as I told her on Saturday that she would be showing him in it, her very first go at showing (and got a Group award LOL) :D And then went in the ring in yesterday's Champ show with a junior handler and again just did what he was told :) He has his little "quirks" - such as you have to set him up behind before you do front legs :p) but for a dog who didn't start showing until he was 16 months (April this year) he is just a pleasure to show now he has figured it all out :) And he gives lovely hugs too LOL.

Well done to all the DOL success this weekend too - particularly those who managed to do so well in the Obedience ring on Friday night :)

Welcome back RV!!! Bet your holiday already feels like a distant memory :laugh:

Wow Mirawee, what a weekend for you and the Lappie brigade - that Anikka is going to be one to watch! She can do no wrong. Well done to Arlo too, doing so well considering he was a late starter! I bet you are just loving having these dogs to show and doing so well with them too!

Poor Banjo - broken ears :laugh:

Edited by amypie

I am such a baby I am too chicken to show my boy....

Why? It is less stressful than obedience by far!

Amypie, I am very lucky with the Lappies I have to play with :) And it gives me a puppy fix which is great :D I still want my own pup(s) next year though :D

Yes a puppy fix is good, they are just so cute and fluffy too! Fingers crossed you get your Lappie girlie next year! (and maybe a Kelpie baby? :laugh: )

My update: At the trial on Saturday *shock horror* I did get one Q card but... it was with Kyzer :rofl: He got a quallie in ADX :) He went a bit wobbly/wide though and also seemed to take forever on the seesaw not moving forward enough to tip it, but still passed and even beat the other 300 dog much to my amusement :laugh: He wigged out and shut down in JDM - not sure what triggered it - the worst he has been in a very long time... :confused: he'll enjoy the break over Summer, will probably just play with him, minimal training if any.

Trixie was a good little bean and tried her heart out but alas it wasn't to be, completely demolished the spread jump in Agility :eek: (don't think she saw it when coming at top speed out of the tunnel :laugh: ) but everything else including the tricky weave entry (not long after the spread demolition) which I was happy with. In her Excellent jumping debut we were going great guns but she missed a jump (helps if the handler tells her to take it :laugh: ) but I thought I'd take the trainer wheels off and hang back and try and push her for some distance and was very pleased with how she went :thumbsup: Can't wait for next year, just so happy with how she's gone in her first four trials.

Being the Dobe club trial I did get quite a few of the Dobe people coming to meet Trixie, black & tan fans :laugh: and I could hear them talking at the stewarding table about the 'mini dobe' heheh!