Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Ptolomy sorry to ehar about Cider glad you caught the vet though.

RnR Ben is looking good.

Mirawee after seeing the pic of the grass seed I am sitting here wincing poor girl ouch, made hubby realise he needs to get the back yard sorted

You lot are very quiet today. I am stuck at work and was hoping that you would entertain me :p

RnR, Ben certainly is a very handsome boy :) I am sure he prefers to "help" you with gardening rather than being in the ring anyway LOL. I do wonder what they think about us parading them around on lead :D

Zora clearly thinks its obedience training and heels the whole time and that some stranger just has to come and pat her :p

Mirawee I am stuck at work too. And I know I have a clean run order waiting for me at home and my mum is making roast turkey for dinner!

I am pretty proud/annoyed at myself! Lol. This morning Toby weaved 4 poles after just 2 days of training - gotta love 2x2 weaves! But I am annoyed because I was revising crate games and slammed the crate door by accident and it freaked him out south he won't accept high value treats in the crate...

Edited by RallyValley

Banjo is special :o I have tried 2x2 weaves a couple of times with him but he just hasn't gotten the concept. Will need to look at other methods of teaching him so that we can do agility not just jumping LOL.

Bugger about the crate door :( It is so easy to kick yourself after the fact.

Banjo is special :o I have tried 2x2 weaves a couple of times with him but he just hasn't gotten the concept. Will need to look at other methods of teaching him so that we can do agility not just jumping LOL.

Mirawee I started channel weave training Cider and Strauss on the 13th December - very interesting to see the differences in technique and how quickly they caught on and now how consistent they are. I have been posting clips in the training thread. All 12 weavers are in line and I have now angled the tops out. Tonight I am introducing a jump before the weavers.......

I tried 2 x 2 with Cider and I just didn't get it laugh.gif She was more interested in looking at the ball/food/toy I had in my hand than working out what she was supposed to do

Mirawee I started channel weave training Cider and Strauss on the 13th December - very interesting to see the differences in technique and how quickly they caught on and now how consistent they are. I have been posting clips in the training thread. All 12 weavers are in line and I have now angled the tops out. Tonight I am introducing a jump before the weavers.......

I tried 2 x 2 with Cider and I just didn't get it laugh.gif She was more interested in looking at the ball/food/toy I had in my hand than working out what she was supposed to do

Had the same problem when i attempted to teach mas to weave he was too focussed on staring at me!!

Just a quick update to let you know that Bondi seems to be going well :) The infection was a staphcoccyl (sp) infection in her spine and bladder- it is a strain which is sensitive and responds to many antibiotics (shes on clavulox) Vet said it will be a course of atleast 12 weeks worth of anitbiotics to try and beat the infection- then the spine will hopefully generate fiberous tissue to stabalise it (which will eventually become bony). We are weaning her off steriods so she can fight infection and because she is wasting away- she weighs 22kg now- was 30. She is happy still, wags her tail and tries to do the "Boxer dance" greeting when I get home. She is crated at all times when I'm not with her, need to keep her back still.

Guest RosieFT

Excellent news. Glad it is not a resistant strain. Still don't know how her blood work didn't show up anything indicating an infection though. I hope the Ab's knock them dead ASAP!

Boxagirl, great news about Bondi! I hope she continues to improve :)

I need more recommendations for a bowen therapist/chiro/physio. Deb Nook can't fit me and Sarge in until the 7th but I'd really like to get him seen to before then.