2010 Training/title/goals Wish List

Seita

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you earn rally titles her yet though?

It is very likely it will be an ANKC recognised sport where you can earn titles come January 1, 2011 :rofl: And as soon as that happens, I am pretty sure some WA clubs will offer rally trials because a lot of people have been talking about it and training it over here :happydance: I'm going to do it with my girls :rofl:

Edit: I accidentally put 2012 instead of 2011 :champagne:

Edited by RubyStar

Next year :rofl:

Jan 2011 is when it's supposed to be an official competition, there are rumors of it starting next year but I don't think they're true. I know none of the clubs here in QLD are ready for running competitions, plus they haven't figured out who's judging them or how yet! But I think plenty of clubs are intending to start running mock trials and workshops etc on it next year to get people ready for it!

Haha - I didn't get my goals either :). Tends to happen when you don't really enter trials until October!!! :eek:

Leo:

I would like to get his UD title. Most of all I would like him to have fun in the ring and really be confident and happy :). I would like him to have some passes towards his ADM and JDM, and perhaps his JDO title.

I want him to stay as healthy and injury free as possible!

Kinta:

I would like to get her Aust Ch. With only 15pts to go, I can't wait to finish it off :laugh:. I would like her to get her CDX in fine style and her AD, JDX titles. most of all I want her to continue to re-gain her confidence and drive to have some amazing runs in obedience and agility, just like we have these dream runs at training (like tonight)!

I would also like to have decided on a husband for her next litter :rofl: I would like her next pregnancy and whelping to be as stress free as this one was stressful... so YES Kinta, that DOES mean coming into labor and doing the work yourself!!! :(

Again I want her to stay healthy and injury free!

Zara:

I would like Zara to grow up and develop into a potential performance dog, but most of all straighten up that rear, develop some nice movement, fill out and turn into the type she is supposed to... all those faults can go on holidays thank-you-very-much :rofl:

Again I want her to stay healthy and injury free!

Most of all I want to have fun and enjoy the precious moments I share with each dog!

Leo - lets see - he doesn't have his UD title yet, but given I didn't enter him again until later in the year, I'm ok with that. I'm really happy with his work, so hopefully it's not far off :). We now have 4 (I think...) passes towards his ADM and 1 towards his JDM which isn't bad, considering he hasn't been doing much JDM classes. Haven't entered him in JDO, so hard to get a title if you don't enter!

I'm really pleased with how his agility is going though as I think he's gotten faster and more consistent - all because I myself cleaned up my act as a handler. Oh and the agility backyard helps!

Kinta - She has polished off her Ch, JDX and AD titles :laugh: She also has 2 legs towards her CDX title and with a few trials left for the year, hopefully she can polish off that last one before the year is out. No matter though as I'm not in a real rush and wouldn't be pushing her toward UD anytime soon.

Zara - well she's started foundation agility with my dad and is going really well. I like he conformation a little better now, though she is just a late maturer. She's still just enjoying being a silly puppy :cry:

Jess:

Obedience

-CD Title Completed in May

-Finish training all CDX exercises and maybe sneak in a trial there First trailled in August, currently she has 1 leg towards her CDX.

Agility

-train train train!! because I was chicken this year and took a break to focus on obed, so next year I probably will have to re-train quite a bit.

-novice jumping trial Last weekend!

-JD pass *maybe* and if that works out... :laugh: last weekend!

-JD title -Not gonna happen!

-novice agility trial, if training goes well Last weekend!

And if those goals go well, maybe try a bit of herding or flyball :)-uhh nope! :laugh:

Edited :)

Still got a few trials before the end of the year though.

Jess:

Obedience

-CD Title Completed in May

-Finish training all CDX exercises and maybe sneak in a trial there First trailled in August, currently she has 1 leg towards her CDX.

Agility

-train train train!! because I was chicken this year and took a break to focus on obed, so next year I probably will have to re-train quite a bit.

-novice jumping trial Last weekend!

-JD pass *maybe* and if that works out... :) last weekend!

-JD title -Not gonna happen!

-novice agility trial, if training goes well Last weekend!

And if those goals go well, maybe try a bit of herding or flyball :)-uhh nope! :laugh:

Edited :)

Still got a few trials before the end of the year though.

You've done really well!!!!!! :laugh:

It is very likely it will be an ANKC recognised sport where you can earn titles come January 1, 2011 :) And as soon as that happens, I am pretty sure some WA clubs will offer rally trials because a lot of people have been talking about it and training it over here :rofl: I'm going to do it with my girls :wave:

Edit: I accidentally put 2012 instead of 2011 :rofl:

You might have been being psychic putting 2012, RS. :rofl: AFAIK it won't be in officially until January 2012 - apparently they decided they needed time to refine the rules, train judges etc. SOme states were ready to go, but others not.

I've been having some fun playing round with it with the lil big man. Hmmmm - have to teach him to do the finish right, and the pivot LAT - I'd been being faithful to my Derrett/Garrett BCL training, so he doesn't think he's allowed to go behind me ;) - but then I guess I want to teach him that for DWD anywyay :rofl: .

• 4 weeks later...
Millie: 2 CCD trials down so far, with 2 passes and 2 first places :) One more to go, and we have quite a few trials left in the year yet so I am quite confident we will pull off this goal by the end of 2010. I just hope I haven't jinxed us now!!! :eek:

Title done :) With a 3rd first place :p And it's full steam ahead straight into Novice this weekend. So whatever happens from here onwards is just a bonus, as I've already achieved the goal of CCD for Millie and CD for Ruby this year :D

UPDATE: Milliemoo got her CD title this weekend so we achieved our 2010 CCD goal and then got a nice big CD bonus on top :) In novice we got two 1st places and a 3rd place ;) Millie has more trophies in her short trialling career than Ruby has in her longer one :o Fingers crossed for some legs towards CDX next year for both my girls! :laugh: (which will now be the end of the trophies now that Millie is also playing with the big kids in Open! :p)

I didn't quite get my goals this year either :laugh: But I am very happy with our progress.

The goal for 2010 is to enter Daisy in a CCD trial and get her CCD title :o I would also love to have her at CD standard.

Well Daisy can work at a Novice standard (we did a great novice run out at a mock trial earlier in the year) and she has now mastered the dumbell, scent discrimination and a few other exercises she couldn't do before.

But apart from that we haven't achieved any of our other goals this year :eek: Maybe next year we'll knock off CCD and CD.

ETA: OMG how freaky, I posted our goals list in this thread a year tomorrow!!

Edited by huski

Sounds like everyone has done really well with their goals! :laugh: And those who haven't met them exactly have still made some great progress.

So when is someone going to start a 2011 thread for those of us who would have loved to set 2010 goals but whose dogs weren't born yet? :eek:

My goal in 2010 is to enter my first agility trial with Toby but more importantly my main goal is for us both to have fun and for me to remember that is why I will be trialling. Many expirenced agility people have warned me that once you start trialling it can be addictive and that you can put pressuer on yourself and your dog to perform well, this is my anti-goal.

Well me and Toby entered a few trials and up until nationals he was running quite well, then one night at a closed club trial he was refusing jumps and I noticed him limping.. a few Bowen sessions later he was better. Fast forward a few months, he is lame again, so Toby is seeing a special vet on Saturday but is retired from agility :) . Hopefully we can pursue Rally-O and tracking next year. Even if he is sound again I doubt we will de agility as my concerns about his leg are projected into the trial ring and we both get super nervey.

I have been having lots of fun at trials and training with the dogs, I have not yet lost the ability to laugh it off when my dogs are being little turds, so hopefully i can keep that! :laugh:

Only update here is that a very trusted sports vet's opinion is "Toby can do agility... if he dosent have to land" :o His shoulders are awful and won't take the stress of jumping. So although this limits Toby somewhat we still have plenty to do! I have work to do with Toby still. :)

He is terrified of bikes, he just goes into a mess when he sees one so my biggest goal for 2011 is to do ET (on a bike!) with Toby and see if desensitzation and clicker training can get him over his fear.

We will also give tracking a shot, and depending on what happens Rally wise either enter Rally-O or give CCD a try. :eek:

Sounds like everyone has done really well with their goals! :) And those who haven't met them exactly have still made some great progress.

So when is someone going to start a 2011 thread for those of us who would have loved to set 2010 goals but whose dogs weren't born yet? :(

I was going to post the same thing last night when I updated my goals, but didn't want the responsibility to fall on me ;) Maybe Seita will start another one? :D Or maybe you can, wuffles!

He is terrified of bikes, he just goes into a mess when he sees one so my biggest goal for 2011 is to do ET (on a bike!) with Toby and see if desensitzation and clicker training can get him over his fear.

We will also give tracking a shot, and depending on what happens Rally wise either enter Rally-O or give CCD a try. :)

I am hoping to do the ET next year too, we'll see if I actually get round to training for it ;)

I am also going to try tracking :( So I'll see you there!

We will also give tracking a shot, and depending on what happens Rally wise either enter Rally-O or give CCD a try. :)

I am hoping to do the ET next year too, we'll see if I actually get round to training for it :(

I am also going to try tracking :D So I'll see you there!

I want to do the ET with Bear when he's about 4 :cheer: .

I'm depressed I haven't done anything on my wishlist :D .

I can't do tracking cause I work Saturdays ;) .

Edited by Tiggy