2010 Training/title/goals Wish List

Seita

Well seeing as we are starting to review our wishes for this year and there aren't too many competitions left for the year I thought we should start our goals/wishlist for next year!

I had my last trial for the year on Saturday so it's time to think about goals for next year! I had a quiet year this year, mostly because Ella had 6 months out for a litter and then I was lazy getting her out trialling again. We also took another 2 months off after the state titles to tidy some problem areas up.

I am aiming for a bigger year next year seeing as this one has been a bit slow! So my hopes are for our UD title and be well an truely on the way to OC, I don't know if we'll get both next year but if I can get UD out of the way and a start on the OC legs! My other goal for Ella is get the allusive 200 in Open, I don't think I'll get one in UD any time soon but I know Ella is capable of one in Open! And the final goal for me is to enroll in the trainee judges program here in QLD and get a start on my judging licences!

So how about everyone else?

eta: change title a bit as it was confusing me!!

Edited by Seita

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we didn't quite reach our goals for this year :)

So my revised goals for next year are to get JD and AD on Kaos, as well as an ADAA title (I get confused with what those are called though :thumbsup: ) and ADAC Novice Agility title.

2010 already.

In the last 12 months I've again had a blast with the puppies and learned sooooooooo much about trialling and training.

CK

Next year I really want to work on how much value CK has for agility and his understanding of what I am asking for. If we can get that right he should just about have his SAAD title by the end of the year and maybe even his ADX and JDX titles, plus whatever games we play as well. I'd also really like to get him in the medallion stakes round at next year ADAA GP.

I want to get him turning on the box a lot more quickly and to improve his times so that he is the consistent 4.5 second dog he has the potential to be.

I also want to work with him so that he understands what I am asking in the freestyle frisbee ring. We might even do a bit of dancing on the way to this one!!

XENA

In agility I want to learn to run Xena really hard. The only thing holding her back now is me - if I get it right she runs clear, I'm not happy with clear though - I want clear and fast. I'm going to have to step up if we are going to achieve that one.

We need to fix her passing in flyball - after a couple of unfortunate incidents she is a little unsure of herself so we need to build her back up. Once we do that she will keep running consistently low 5 second runs like she does around the little dogs now.

Finally I'd like to really nail her freestyle routine in frisbee.

Just one more FDM card would be nice as well, but I won't get greedy.

I didn't quite get my goals this year either :) But I am very happy with our progress.

The goal for 2010 is to enter Daisy in a CCD trial and get her CCD title :thumbsup: I would also love to have her at CD standard.

Edited by huski

Haha - I didn't get my goals either :laugh:. Tends to happen when you don't really enter trials until October!!! :)

Leo:

I would like to get his UD title. Most of all I would like him to have fun in the ring and really be confident and happy :laugh:. I would like him to have some passes towards his ADM and JDM, and perhaps his JDO title.

I want him to stay as healthy and injury free as possible!

Kinta:

I would like to get her Aust Ch. With only 15pts to go, I can't wait to finish it off :hug:. I would like her to get her CDX in fine style and her AD, JDX titles. most of all I want her to continue to re-gain her confidence and drive to have some amazing runs in obedience and agility, just like we have these dream runs at training (like tonight)!

I would also like to have decided on a husband for her next litter :cry: I would like her next pregnancy and whelping to be as stress free as this one was stressful... so YES Kinta, that DOES mean coming into labor and doing the work yourself!!! :laugh:

Again I want her to stay healthy and injury free!

Zara:

I would like Zara to grow up and develop into a potential performance dog, but most of all straighten up that rear, develop some nice movement, fill out and turn into the type she is supposed to... all those faults can go on holidays thank-you-very-much :cry:

Again I want her to stay healthy and injury free!

Most of all I want to have fun and enjoy the precious moments I share with each dog!

Edited by leopuppy04

Another year, another wish list that will probably go unfulfilled :hug:

Nova: Would like to start doing tracking trials with him, he is still in training so would be good. That's pretty much it for him, he is much happier being trained to do something rather than the trial aspects.

Darcy: Ahh well where too start? I will be getting at least his show title and an agility and jumping title. Thats the basic minimum I want to accomplish this year......I just need to get my arse into gear and enter trails instead of putting it off!

Edited by tollersowned

Last years hopes

This year I would still like Moss and Mishka's tracking titles and maybe Moss an obedience title.

Cole I would like to get a versatile herding championship and his duck titles - not much to ask for.

I still haven't entered any tracking trials but have started training Moss in obedience and agility again and should be ready to trial after Xmas and he is working very well :hug: .

Cole has his first starts in advanced level this weekend (which will make him the first ANKC MR/LR dog in NSW to compete at advanced level herding) and he does have 1 duck title. Only 5 more to go. A VHCh may not be too much to hope for this year if he keeps working like he is.

ETA I just have to learn how to shed.

Edited by Janba

I'd like to title my Jap Spitz in conformation, but will have to wait until after his first birthday in February. But that's my goal for 2010 :hug:

I would also like to get him started in formal obedience, and perhaps try some agility and lure coursing.

The goal for 2010 is to enter Daisy in a CCD trial and get her CCD title :cry: I would also love to have her at CD standard.

I have the same goal for my girl - but wouldn't it be great to get that CD title too :)

My "wish" is to get it with great scores :hug:

So I'm making it public and every now and again I'll revisit this thread just to remind myself of this "Grand Plan" :cry:

The goal for 2010 is to enter Daisy in a CCD trial and get her CCD title :laugh: I would also love to have her at CD standard.

I have the same goal for my girl - but wouldn't it be great to get that CD title too :laugh:

My "wish" is to get it with great scores :hug:

So I'm making it public and every now and again I'll revisit this thread just to remind myself of this "Grand Plan" :cry:

Me too :laugh: And I can say that because it will be a year before I have to post in here about whether or not we managed it :cry:

I figure that Daisy does almost all her training off leash now anyway, that novice can't be too hard a step after CCD (as long as I can get her to stop barking during her stays that is :)). I am confident we will be trialling this year, it's just when, and how well we'll do that's the question :laugh:

Edited by huski

Where to start

Jock:

* Get his JDX, SDX, GD & SPD title

* Get at least one pass in either Open Agility/Jumping

* Get a tight weave entry from all angles.. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet but I have had a few brain waves

*Keep him running.. We celebrate his 10th Bday in April, I wanna see him do agility for a few more years

Denver:

*Get our A-frame contact to 100% consistent

*Learn to weave properly.. with good entries

*Enter a Trial

*Get our JD (thats stretching it but I have faith in this boy!)

Myself:

*Learn to handle Denver better.. new dog means new handling...

*Get my bloody Ps... I got my car today so we're on our way!

*just keep at it with jock.. work with what I have and forget about the things I don't.. he is an amazing little dog!

I'd like to title my Jap Spitz in conformation, but will have to wait until after his first birthday in February. But that's my goal for 2010 :hug:

I would also like to get him started in formal obedience, and perhaps try some agility and lure coursing.

Miss B, I imagine Kyza would make a great agility and obedience dog, he's so keen and has so much energy!!

My goal in 2010 is to enter my first agility trial with Toby but more importantly my main goal is for us both to have fun and for me to remember that is why I will be trialling. Many expirenced agility people have warned me that once you start trialling it can be addictive and that you can put pressuer on yourself and your dog to perform well, this is my anti-goal.

Miss B, I imagine Kyza would make a great agility and obedience dog, he's so keen and has so much energy!!

Yeah, I am hoping so :cry: He is such a full-on little dog, he literally throws himself into everything he does. I'm hoping we can have fun and channel some of that crazy puppy energy!

Yeah, I am hoping so :hug: He is such a full-on little dog, he literally throws himself into everything he does. I'm hoping we can have fun and channel some of that crazy puppy energy!

And channel it before he gets a brain/matures into a sensible adult! :cry:

Edited by huski

before he gets a brain/matures into a sensible adult! :)

Hmmm at this stage it's not looking like that's ever going to happen :hug:

No no that energy is good, it means he has lots of potential if you harness it in the right way :cry: Goooo never growing a brain :cry::laugh: