2010 Training/title/goals Wish List

Seita

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are new to trialling and only started training at the beginning of 2009 so didnt have an entry in last year's 'wish list' posts. But I would like to make a 'wish list' post for 2010 if I may. Given that Tina achieved her CCD this year at her first three trials I would like to

a) gain her novice title and start work on the next title

and

b) gain her confirmation title before I mate her if possible.

Well I achieved my 2009 goals for Ruby :D (CCD title and to give Novice a go).

I had 2 goals for Millie, one being entering her in CCD and the other having her pick up a dumbell. Pleased to report the dumbell goal is achieved, but due to me dedicating most of the end of the year to getting Ruby ready for Novice, Millie didn't quite make it to the ring because I don't want to rush her on the little training I've given her.

So my wishlist for 2010!

Ruby: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I want her CD title by the end of the year! And I don't want to do it by just scraping through, I'm aiming for some half decent scores :eek: So this means I need to find a solid SFE from somewhere :( Guess I'm gonna have to train for that one! I also aim to have her ready for Open, but I'm not actually aiming to enter Open in 2010. If I do, that is just a bonus :eek:

Millie: I aim to put the time and effort into her again and get her CCD title in 2010. I also wish for Millie's health to stay good after our little cancer scare this year, and for her to not destroy my new garden when we move in shortly! :eek: (out of all my goals, this last one is going to be the hardest to achieve!)

My goal is to get into the trial ring for the first time :( and get Banjo's CCD title. I hope I won't let my nerves get the better of me like they did when I showed horses :eek: . I hope to be half as good as my dog, thanks Banjo for putting up with me :D . I want to have FUN! :eek:

Okay I am going to post in this one - I didn't post in the 2009 one - and someone can hunt me down if I don't do what I say :rofl: This year was a year of distractions and interruptions but I have a great feeling about next year!

KYZER:

In 2010 we MUST enter an agility trial (I know, I say that every year :o )! I'm sure he's capable of Novice Jumping, I just need to get off my backside, stop making excuses and become a member of Dogswest and enter a trial!

Agility wise we need to work on perfecting our weavers, contacts and see saw. I'm thinking about joining another agility club so that we can get more training in each week.

The nationals are in Perth in April and it would be great to be able to compete there, although the thought of it is rather terrifying! :cry:

TRIXIE:

First and foremost I am concentrating on her just being a puppy :eek: Next year I would like to enrol her in an obedience club, I think she'd enjoy it and be good at it, and I'll just keep doing foundations for agility with her. There's no hurry.

Overall, I'm feeling rather positive! :)

Well I have one more obed. trial this year, new years eve, & I want Pebbles to pass the 2nd leg of Novice, now for 2010 I want Izzy to get the last leg of her HSA in April & Pebbles the 2 passes she needs in HSA & to get her Novice ASAP. Am I asking to much :rofl:, will karma come & bite me in the rear end for expecting to much :eek:, ah well I'll take my chances :cry:. Now better get out there & put the work in if I want all this stuff to happen, good luck everyone hope you reach your goals in 2010 :).

Well, after a ripper year this year - 9 titles all up (Minty CDX, ADX, JDM, JDO, ET and Cash HSA sheep and ducks, HSB ducks and ET), our training goals are pretty minor.

Would like to debut Minty in UD and perhaps get a few passes towards her ADM. She's rising 8 so hopefully she will stay injury free too.

Would also love to start trialling Cash in HIA and B on ducks but gotta get some training in first, so I am happy to put that one on the back burner until he starts working for me, rather than himself. My main goal with Cash next year is to spend some more time with him really - he's been a bit neglected this year :mad

My goals for 2010 are pretty small fry stuff.

I would like Tilly to SFE without ducking her head.

I would also like her to follow signals a little quicker and not think about it so much. (comes back to crappy handler also)

I want to get my hand signals down pat and 100% uniform every time.

If all of these become a reality then I would like to try for her CCD.

And I would like to find a way to to both obedience AND agility (foundation) in a club where its either us or them.

My number one goal for the year is to train consistently, instead of this week on week off habit I've gotten into. Then the rest should fall into place.

For Kiesha my goals are:

- A reliable SFE proofed with strangers

- To be at CD level before trying for CCD

- To have a solid foundation for agility

For Chip my goals are:

- To be able to clip all nails without any grumbling

- To be able to brush tail without any grumbling

- Consistent weave entries

For me

- Decide on a contacts strategy and train it

- Be consistent with my criteria and stop lowering it!!!

- Plan my training sessions and log my progress.

Most of all my goal is to enjoy every moment with my dogs and our journey together along with laughing at them more... they do the craziest silly things sometimes :mad

Edited by kiesha09

Okay, I've had a think about this...

Dear Santa Paws...

Jedi

- Get his allergies under control so we can get back in the OB ring. Even if this is the only thing we accomplish in 2010, I will be the happiest person in the world!

- If his allergies are settled, get his CCD and novice titles

- Train him up to doing UD exercises (he's already doing open exercises) - I have my articles ready and we've just started training scent work

- Get his Flyball Dog Champion title

- Get him to HT level for herding and maybe a pass or two!? :)

- Don't know what we'll do with agility... we'll see!

- ET title

Ahsoka

- Start trialling and get her CCD title. Can I push it and say her novice as well?! :bottom:

- Get her Flyball Dog Champion title

- Start tracking training (I don't think we'll be trialling in 2010 though)

- Get her HT title for herding

- Again, dunno what I'll do with agility. It'll be difficult squeezing everything else in! :)

- ET title

Thanks Santa!

Beck; TSDX and CD

Jovi; herding PT and T.CH. Get ready to compete in Novice obedience, try some showing through summer, and maybe start to dabble with some agility/jumping training.

Skye; well she likes to believe she is retired, but maybe in the cold weather we will look at TSD

River

Obedience:

CDX title - I'm assuming we've gotten all the bugs out of our system for those exercises this year :D

UD - to have all the exercises trained separately and hopefully be able to start stringing some together as well.

Oh and hopefully I can fix his fronts and presents too :rofl:

Agility

ADX title

SPD title

JDO/JDM/ADO/ADM/SDX and GDX - a couple of passes in each of these would be fantastic.

Zuma

Obedience

CCD title - may be doable but will probably depend on how much he matures mentally between now and 2010 :)

Have him ready for novice

Keep teaching him some of the open and UD exercises as well.

Agility

Hopefully have him into the intermediate class by the end of the year.

Most of all to enjoy every minute I get to spend with my two wonderful boys :laugh:

Edited by Rivsky

I will: get back into agility trials (after not doing any for 2 and a half years)

Stimpy will: be taught to weave.

Froggy will: have a LOT of work done on not becoming distracted in the middle of an agility course, and hopefully this will result in her having more

clear runs AND hopefully this will lead to some titles, but if this does not happen I really won't be phased, as long as we both love it we will keep

doing it.