2010 Training/title/goals Wish List

Seita

I'll be working towards CDX with Acteon. I'd like to get to GSDCA Nationals but we'll see how the training goes (not long till entries due).

Would love ET and to start tracking as well.

Hopefully I'll have my new girl in time to work toward CCD, ET and TD :thumbsup: .

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here we go, putting something in writing in the hope of making myself accountable!

First goal has to be for me. Without it the others won't happen. To train regularly and be consistant in what I want.

Jazz:

to finish her started ducks title with more finesse than her first 2 passes.

To see the inside of an obedience ring, preferably CD.

To start agility training

to start teaching driving skills so we can continue on into intermediate herding.

These may get put on hold depending on when she comes in season as am end of year litter is a possibility.

Piper:

to have a go at b course herding if it is oferred here or we manage to get away to trial.

And to otherwise enjoy her semi retirement and hopefully have no more recurrences of her leg injury.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah go on its lots of fun Tiggy :thumbsup: . Might see me over west with at least my baby next year for a trial :laugh: .

It looks like loads of fun :party: . I've been watching you tube videos all day. It'll be fun to do something with Sophie to, I'll just keep it easy for her as she has an old leg injury but she's sound enough to run around off lead like a loony :party: .

The older dogs or dogs with injuries seem to enjoy it. There was a 13 year old BC entered in the trial in Sydney and they got a pass in freestyle. Ness is 9 and she got a pass in freestyle too. I thought it was a nice introduction to the trial ring for my youngster which was my reason for doing it.

Ok here goes :thumbsup:

Lomani -

-To have consistently solid contacts

-Obtain her JDM, ADX, GD, SPDX & SDX titles

-Be well on the way to getting her JDO, ADO, & GDX titles (don't want much do I?)

Bond -

-Start agility training with a goal to do his first trial before the year is out (he turns 18 months mid-September)

-Maybe have a look at some obedience trials... not committing to this one yet though :laugh:

• 3 months later...
KYZER:

In 2010 we MUST enter an agility trial (I know, I say that every year ;) )! I'm sure he's capable of Novice Jumping, I just need to get off my backside, stop making excuses and become a member of Dogswest and enter a trial! TICK have done this, entered a Novice Jumping trial on 17th March :) We have also entered Jumping & Agility in the State Trial this weekend and also another two trials next weekend and then Nationals.

Agility wise we need to work on perfecting our weavers, contacts and see saw. I'm thinking about joining another agility club so that we can get more training in each week. This is going along well, his weaves are coming along well, I'd say they are at 75% consistency, have also joined another club and we go to training both Tuesdays and Thursdays now

The nationals are in Perth in April and it would be great to be able to compete there, although the thought of it is rather terrifying! :D TICK we have entered both agility and jumping in the Nationals ;) :p

TRIXIE:

First and foremost I am concentrating on her just being a puppy :D Next year I would like to enrol her in an obedience club, I think she'd enjoy

it and be good at it, and I'll just keep doing foundations for agility with her. There's no hurry. Pretty much still being a puppy with a bit of training on the side :rofl:

Well our goals this year would be to

1. JD title

2. To not fall over or crash into things whilst attempting to get JD title :D :D

3 getting ready this year to trial in open next year (I like to take my time ) :)

4. And to have fun with my little pickle (diesel )whilst doing it all.

All I would like to do this year is enter the end of year wind up club members obedience competition and have a pass, I will be more than happy if he does that as he wont be 2 by then.

Edited by Masons_mom

Leo:

I would like to get his UD title.

Not yet, because we havent' entered the ring yet :mad. He's doing well so hopefully we should still be able to tick this off before the year end!

Most of all I would like him to have fun in the ring and really be confident and happy :laugh:

Tick! He is loving ALL parts of trialling this year and his agility and obedience have really improved!

I would like him to have some passes towards his ADM and JDM, and perhaps his JDO title.

We are 3 passes down toward his ADM and his JDM has been some near misses if his handler would remember course! Havent' done JDO really this year.

Kinta:

I would like to get her Aust Ch.

Done! And as they always say - the points come flowing in once your titled :D

I would like her to get her CDX in fine style

Same as Leo - we haven't done Obed. this year, but it's looking promising!

AD, JDX titles.

Haha - well we finished of the AD in DEC last year and we got JDX at one of our first trials of the year (she got 3 passes in one weekend!). we also have one JDM pass under our belt too. So a big TICK here :laugh:

Most of all I want her to continue to re-gain her confidence and drive to have some amazing runs in obedience and agility, just like we have these dream runs at training (like tonight)!

So far so good!!!

I would also like to have decided on a husband for her next litter :D I would like her next pregnancy and whelping to be as stress free as this one was stressful... so YES Kinta, that DOES mean coming into labor and doing the work yourself!!! :D

Well this one is still undecided, but she'll unlikely have a litter this year now :laugh:

Zara:

I would like Zara to grow up and develop into a potential performance dog,

So far - so good!

but most of all straighten up that rear, develop some nice movement, fill out and turn into the type she is supposed to... all those faults can go on holidays thank-you-very-much :mad

I'm still waiting..... :)

So my wishlist for 2010!

Ruby: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I want her CD title by the end of the year! And I don't want to do it by just scraping through, I'm aiming for some half decent scores :laugh: So this means I need to find a solid SFE from somewhere :mad Guess I'm gonna have to train for that one! I also aim to have her ready for Open, but I'm not actually aiming to enter Open in 2010. If I do, that is just a bonus :laugh:

Well we are 2 passes down for the CD title and pleased to say we haven't just "scraped" through, either :laugh: 194 and 190 (with another near miss of 195 - blasted sit stays! :)), so fingers crossed our 3rd pass will be in the 190's too :mad

We have also been training for Open and it's going quite well! Just haven't trained for out of sight stays, yet. She's been in one Open mock trial with the possibility of another this weekend. If she picks up her last Novice pass soon and I can get those out of sight stays working, then with any luck, we may just be in the Open ring before the year is out :D

Millie: I aim to put the time and effort into her again and get her CCD title in 2010. I also wish for Millie's health to stay good after our little cancer scare this year, and for her to not destroy my new garden when we move in shortly! :D (out of all my goals, this last one is going to be the hardest to achieve!)

Still haven't put in as much effort as I should be with Millie, so CCD is still a bit away, but I am still aiming for her CCD by the end of the year, or at least have entered one :laugh:

Failed one goal already, though, Millie sure likes to excavate that new garden!! :laugh: But health is looking good!! :D

I didn't quite get my goals this year either :D But I am very happy with our progress.

The goal for 2010 is to enter Daisy in a CCD trial and get her CCD title :D I would also love to have her at CD standard.

We are getting there slowly and still on track for getting our CCD this year. Just polishing up some things and working on stays then we will be ready to enter :mad I'm not going to say when or what trial ww are aiming for though in case I jinx it :mad

Daisy can also do all of the Novice exercises bar stays and her off leash heelwork is ok so we should also be ready for CD not long after getting our CCD.

I don't think I did a training wish list for Ziggy....

One of the big aims was to teach contacts and weavers for agility - we managed to do this in a 2 week period and have entered a couple of trials so extremely pleased with our progress. Have competed in Novice Jumping, Novice Agility and Open Jumping. Only one pass in Novice Jumping but he is working beautifully so just need a bit of luck and his handler to engage her brain :D

Another aim was to organise a few private agility lessons - also have done this and I am thrilled with our instructor and Zig's rapid progress.

Independent weave entries - need work - he has great potential so just need to put some time in!

Would like to get his Novice title this year - haven't competed in any trials yet but he is working well. No thoughts given to Open although we are training for it and his dumbbell work is extremely enthusiastic after a LOT of work. Don't want to push him too fast.

ET would be great this year - will see how I am going for time.

Something that WASN'T on my wish list was to enter the Dalmatian Nationals. But here we are in Sydney and my big aim is to get out there and enjoy ourselves :mad

I just went back and read my goals for 2010 and Den has pretty much exceeded all of those lol! He is running for his JD title tonight!! :thumbsup:

lol so new goals for him

Denver:

*Gain a Pass in JDX

*Finish either or SD or GD titles

* Get some more distance work going..

*Gain another pass in AD

OK here are my goals for 2010

Saxon-

Get her ADX title (1 pass to go in that)

Get her GD title (2 passes left in that)

Get her SD title (1 pass left in that)

I want to at least get all of those before I retire her at the end of the year at a grand old age of 13 years.

Myf

Get her HIC and then her HT in Herding

Hopfully get her competing in CCD by the end of the year ( will see how we go with this one she is not quite up to standard yet)

Get Myf ready for Agility for the start of next year she will be 18 months by then and hopfully ready to compete.

• 3 months later...

Well we're over the half way point for the year so I thought I'd bump this to see how everyone is going!

Following on in blue from my purple update in April:

KYZER:

In 2010 we MUST enter an agility trial (I know, I say that every year :eek: )! I'm sure he's capable of Novice Jumping, I just need to get off my backside, stop making excuses and become a member of Dogswest and enter a trial! TICK have done this, entered a Novice Jumping trial on 17th March :dancingelephant: We have also entered Jumping & Agility in the State Trial this weekend and also another two trials next weekend and then Nationals.I have been to heaps of agility trials this year!

Agility wise we need to work on perfecting our weavers, contacts and see saw. I'm thinking about joining another agility club so that we can get more training in each week.This is going along well, his weaves are coming along well, I'd say they are at 75% consistency, have also joined another club and we go to training both Tuesdays and Thursdays now Weavers are still improving, contacts are going nicely (in training anyway :laugh: )

The nationals are in Perth in April and it would be great to be able to compete there, although the thought of it is rather terrifying! :eek:TICK we have entered both agility and jumping in the Nationals :eek: :eek: Yes he got his final Novice Jumping pass for his JD title at the nationals, and now has two legs of JDX

Although we are achieving most of our goals we set at the start of this thread there are now new challenges, so my goal for the rest of the year is get consistency at trials and improve his attitude towards trials and try and relax and make it more fun. I would also really really like that third novice agility pass for his title, please? :D

TRIXIE:

First and foremost I am concentrating on her just being a puppy ;) Next year I would like to enrol her in an obedience club, I think she'd enjoy

it and be good at it, and I'll just keep doing foundations for agility with her. There's no hurry. Pretty much still being a puppy with a bit of training on the side :madYes we have stepped up Trixie's training, she is 1 now and is showing promise, she is fast and although she is a bit slow to pick things up :rofl: once she has learnt it she remembers it forever. I can see improvement with every training session and it is so fun. She has started doing contacts and I'm going to teach her 2x2 weaves soon. The most important thing is she loves training and is always enthusiastic and just happy to be out doing things with me :laugh: Just trying not to break her :rofl:

Well we're over the half way point for the year so I thought I'd bump this to see how everyone is going!

I'm starting UDX training but no time frame for trialling ye :thanks: t. Its a difficult class with lots of contradictions to UD! I have managed to teach a stand on a verbal from a sit which was a stumbling block as he wanted to come forward. He can do it easy from a down now :grouphug:

Great idea!!!!!!

Jedi

- Get his allergies under control so we can get back in the OB ring. Even if this is the only thing we accomplish in 2010, I will be the happiest person in the world!

- If his allergies are settled, get his CCD and novice titles

- Train him up to doing UD exercises (he's already doing open exercises) - I have my articles ready and we've just started training scent work

- Get his Flyball Dog Champion title

- Get him to HT level for herding and maybe a pass or two!? :thanks:

- Don't know what we'll do with agility... we'll see!

- ET title

Allergies - we're getting there! He's well and truly back in the ring and has a much better quality of life now!

Titles obtained so far:

- CCD title

- ET

And 1 pass towards Novice OB.

I've started some UD work with him, too.

Herding - we haven't done anything because there were no stock available at our club. We're starting back in a few weeks.

Agility - done nothing. Too busy with everything else!

Flyball - he'll start competing in a few months.

Ahsoka

- Start trialling and get her CCD title. Can I push it and say her novice as well?! :sick:

- Get her Flyball Dog Champion title

- Start tracking training (I don't think we'll be trialling in 2010 though)

- Get her HT title for herding

- Again, dunno what I'll do with agility. It'll be difficult squeezing everything else in! :grouphug:

- ET title

OB - Soaks hasn't been as successful as Jed this year so far... I am re-training her for obedience, so trialling is pushed back a little.

Flyball - She gained her first two flyball titles - FD and FDX, so well on her way to get her Flyball champion title!

Tracking - started training - she's going well!

Herding - not started for same reasons above

ET - A pad injury got in the way of this one! She'll go for it next year instead.

Goals for Abby:

- Train up to CCD level and enter one trial.

I'm toying with the idea of entering her in the next month or so... Just gotta iron out a few issues and we'll see how we go! This goal is definitely achievable though!