2010 Training/title/goals Wish List

Seita

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 2010 already

Ember

Agility - to have weavers consistent; to have contacts done well (to my standards of what I am asking her 99% of the time); to develop more as a team. I would like to be competing in Excellent so have our Novice titles by the end of the year.

Frisbee / Canine disc - to consistenly throw 30 m +. To enhance our freestyle routine.

Tracking - to get our first qualie in the new TSD levels (she got her Tracking Champion this year, which just blowed me away).

Gemma

Agility - to start training and by the end of the year have her competing.

Frisbee . Canine disc - again consistently throw 30m+ (I suppose more my goal) and to have a proper freestyle routine.

Tracking - for a young pup, she's already got her TD title so would love her TDX title.

Keira

Agility - to start training and by the end of the year have her competing. To control that drive of hers (not saying to slow her down, rather focus her and get her more confident).

Frisbee . Canine disc - again consistently throw 30m+ (I suppose more my goal) and to develop a freestyle routine - going to be such a different routine so have to work on what elements I will have to give her to make the most of her skills/style.

Tracking - get her more confident or is that me in her ability (she really showed me towards the end of the year she knew what she was doing) so would like to get her TD title as well as her TDX title - we'll see.

For myself

Agility - to consistently handle my dogs through an agility course. Provide them with the support they need.

Frisbee - develop my throwing so it is consistent. Get to know all the wind / weather condition and what throw I need. To really know the different speeds of my dogs and to be able to consistently adjust my throwing depending on the dog. To work out freestyle routines to make the most of the abilities of my dogs and the different styles they have (it's amazing how different these girls are)

Tracking - to complete my tracking judge training!

To have 3 beautiful litters from my girls as well - we'll see! The main aim is their health and the development of the sensational breed I live with and share my life with.

Jess:

Obedience

-CD Title

-Finish training all CDX exercises and maybe sneak in a trial there

Agility

-train train train!! because I was chicken this year and took a break to focus on obed, so next year I probably will have to re-train quite a bit.

-novice jumping trial

-JD pass *maybe* and if that works out...

-JD title

-novice agility trial, if training goes well

And if those goals go well, maybe try a bit of herding or flyball :)

Never put it out there before about my goals for the girls in a year. Take a big breath and commit to "paper"

Pip - Stop being the slack trainer and get her last leg in AD (two years in the making - dont ask)

CDX cause I know she can.

Coco - Get her UD and maybe a leg towards her OC. (Crossing all fingers and toes and loking towards the trialling gods up there :worship: ).

Dabble with tracking training..

I've got a bit more to add to my 2010 wish list, here's a run down of my original list, Izzi, get her HSA title in April, Pebbles, HSA title, pass CD at Gawler New Years eve then get her CD title asap in 2010. Now the extra :rofl:, Delta, my new Kelpie dog, yep I now have 4 :rofl:, to start her herding & obedience tiltes, & me to be good enough to train her :rofl:, she's a smart little cookie, learned her name in a day, sit, drop & catch up heel work in 1/4 hr. But guess the only way to make the list a reality is put the work in, oh one more wish, go to a Matt Webb working dog school, think that's about it for now :rofl:.

I have to add some more goals now!! I have a third dog! Well... She's not mine, but I like to pretend. :laugh: She's one of Woofenpup's kelpies, Abby. ;) I get to train the crazy girl in OB!

So...

Goals for Abby:

- Train up to CCD level and enter one trial.

Well since one of my dogs has already made it onto the thread I may as well put the others up too!! (:) I think you can do it!)

Bluey:

Go to Steve at K9 force and work out what I am doing wrong...

Stand for exam (a big one since he wants to eat ppl atm)

AFDCH (also big as he wants to eat the box loader NB doesnt want to kill them, just nibble LOL)

Get him out of the bottom class at obedience (which you cant do until they do the stand for exam :laugh:

Safire:

Get focus and confidence at agility

Milky:

HT

Abby:

FDX

Get her to Nik enough so that they can do obedience

I dont know where I am going with Demi atm.

Demi:

Ground work for agility

Work towards CCD perhaps

Distance stick work for flyball

Me:

Learn to count up to 3 for flyball

Practise clicking at the right time

Learn to walk/run in a straight line

Learn not to fall over agility equipment

no wonder my dogs have issues................. :laugh::)

Me:

Learn to count up to 3 for flyball

Practise clicking at the right time

Learn to walk/run in a straight line

Learn not to fall over agility equipment

Those last 3 things are in the back of my mind allll the time. :confused:

Me too - I managed to run into the same jump wing twice at training on Sunday :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Well now I can finally contribute to this thread since all my trials are done and dusted for 2009 :( .

Ness:

Obedience

- keep playing with her UD work and seeing if we can get some passes and as long as she continues to enjoy it we will continue to play

Agility

- that 1 more pesky ADO pass she needs for her title and then she can retire to just the occasional jumping class.

Dances with Dogs

- hmmmmmm now she has half a starters title I might have to travel somewhere and see if we can get the other half of her title :( .

Kenzie:

Obedience

- keep playing with the exercises from all the classes, build confidence working around strangers

- hopefully get her into the trial ring sometime in the middle of the year

Agility

- start her trialling career, but need to do some serious work on contact training and jump work first

Dances with Dogs

- hmmmmmm well now she got her freestyle starters title and also now has half a heelwork to music starters title so we might have to see about a comp somewhere, not sure where we will go to find one, maybe back to Sydney again.

Herding

- fit some training in so we can try for a PT at some point

Yep nobody interested in becoming judges or in hosting competitions. I don't have the time to put my hand up either at the moment.

Just means I have to plan another interstate trip :cry: . Oh such a hardship.

Edited by ness

Yep nobody interested in becoming judges or in hosting competitions. I don't have the time to put my hand up either at the moment.

That sucks, Ness :( I'm sure with your dogs as inspiration it will take off eventually though :cry:

The poodles are all retired now.

My goal for them for 2010 is to have them end it happy and healthy.

For Howard, his show championship would be nice. :cry: And perhaps to be able to get around a novice Agility Course. He starts training in February.

Edited by poodlefan

Don't think I did a post in last year's thread, here's this years ...

Jarrah

• Get his DwD Freestyle Novice title - he only needs one more qualie
  • To sucessfully put together an Intermediate DwD Freestyle routine & compete (if he got any qualifiers that would be even better)
  • To get his DwD HTM Starter title, he only needs 2 passes for this

Whisper

• To get her DwD Freestyle Starter title, she has her first trial in Feb

Jonty

• To get him in the DwD ring this year in Starter Freestyle

ETA an apostrophe & the HTM bit.

Edited by MrsD