2010 Training/title/goals Wish List

Seita

WOW - over half way. I think its fair to say that I kind of under estimated how we would go in most respects. Turning point for us all was Linda Orton-Hill's visit in February. Gave me some much needed direction to take the next step and has given CK a new lease on life.

The other turning point was starting to run more ANKC trials. Because I didn't get all wound up about whether we would get cards or not I just ran for sheer joy and OMG has it been quick!!

CK

Next year I really want to work on how much value CK has for agility and his understanding of what I am asking for.

Tick.

If we can get that right he should just about have his SAAD title by the end of the year and maybe even his ADX and JDX titles, plus whatever games we play as well.

I wrote this thinking it was a pipe dream. We aren't doing enough ANKC trials to reach ADX and JDX, but he already has AD and JD so you never know. SAAD is only a couple of cards away and he is averaging 1 if not 2 cards every ADAA trial. Almost Tick.

I'd also really like to get him in the medallion stakes round at next year ADAA GP.

Might have just missed this one. Oh well.

I want to get him turning on the box a lot more quickly and to improve his times so that he is the consistent 4.5 second dog he has the potential to be.

Will 4.8 seconds do? LOL. I've kind of given up on the box. To fix him will mean 12 months out of the ring and at this stage I'm not keen on goig there.

I also want to work with him so that he understands what I am asking in the freestyle frisbee ring. We might even do a bit of dancing on the way to this one!!

We haven't done a lot of frisbee this year, but have been doing heaps of tricks in our training sessions each morning. Dancing might be retirement plan for when we aren't doing agility any more.

XENA

In agility I want to learn to run Xena really hard. The only thing holding her back now is me - if I get it right she runs clear, I'm not happy with clear though - I want clear and fast. I'm going to have to step up if we are going to achieve that one.

Tick. The last three trials we are averaging close to a 70% success rate. She has her Aust Agility Champion title with ADAA and is slowly working her way through her ANKC titles. (Slowly becuase we don't do a lot of trials.) I'm especially pleased with this one because I've had to build her back up after an injury early in the year.

We need to fix her passing in flyball - after a couple of unfortunate incidents she is a little unsure of herself so we need to build her back up. Once we do that she will keep running consistently low 5 second runs like she does around the little dogs now.

We have a plan and have her back in our quicker team with good success. Almost tick.

Finally I'd like to really nail her freestyle routine in frisbee.

See Mr CK's comment. She still loves it and is better than ever, we just suffer from a lack of practice.

Just one more FDM card would be nice as well, but I won't get greedy.

Oh well - can't do everything! :crossfingers:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is everyone going so far? On track?

I already did mine (entering a trial) but after Nationals I think I am going to break Toby until the Royal here (October) and do things more slowly and properly!

Well I have Toby in a trialling again next weekend but I have really slowed down as I don't want to rush him through JD when we aren't ready for JDX.

My goal for the other half of the year is to get 1 pass in JD! :crossfingers: And improve my handling!

Great idea!!!!!!
Jedi

- Get his allergies under control so we can get back in the OB ring. Even if this is the only thing we accomplish in 2010, I will be the happiest person in the world!

- If his allergies are settled, get his CCD and novice titles

- Train him up to doing UD exercises (he's already doing open exercises) - I have my articles ready and we've just started training scent work

- Get his Flyball Dog Champion title

- Get him to HT level for herding and maybe a pass or two!? :crossfingers:

- Don't know what we'll do with agility... we'll see!

- ET title

Allergies - we're getting there! He's well and truly back in the ring and has a much better quality of life now!

Titles obtained so far:

- CCD title

- ET

And 1 pass towards Novice OB.

I've started some UD work with him, too.

Herding - we haven't done anything because there were no stock available at our club. We're starting back in a few weeks.

Agility - done nothing. Too busy with everything else!

Flyball - he'll start competing in a few months.

That's awesome news! I remember reading your posts when he was struggling so much with his allergies that you sounded defeated...what a good pup!

The goal for 2010 is to enter Daisy in a CCD trial and get her CCD title :hug: I would also love to have her at CD standard.

Well we have entered a CCD trial but not title yet :) We've blown two quallies on our down stay so if we can get that reliable I am sure we can get our CCD title this year... well I hope we can!

We also did well in a Novice mock trial, apart from the 3 minute down stay Daisy is working at Novice standard and if we get our CCD quick enough we will be entering a Novice trial this year too.

Well we didn't quite reach our goals for this year :hug:

So my revised goals for next year are to get JD and AD on Kaos, as well as an ADAA title (I get confused with what those are called though :) ) and ADAC Novice Agility title.

OK update on how we are going.

We now have our ADAC Novice Agility Title (Novice Agility Certificate) :)

2 quallies towards JD

1 quallie towards AD

So I think we have a good chance of meeting our goals this year :) Good boy Kaos!

That's awesome news! I remember reading your posts when he was struggling so much with his allergies that you sounded defeated...what a good pup!

Yeah we've had a huge turn-around thanks to our awesome dermatologist! Unfortunately the news lately hasn't been as good but we'll keep on trucking!

As far as my goals go:

Ness:

Obedience

- keep playing with her UD work and seeing if we can get some passes and as long as she continues to enjoy it we will continue to play

Well we are playing with UD and she is still having fun and still putting together some half decent training rounds so we will continue to trial a little longer.

Agility

- that 1 more pesky ADO pass she needs for her title and then she can retire to just the occasional jumping class.

Pesky ADO pass obtained last weekend at the States agility - big yee har

Dances with Dogs

- hmmmmmm now she has half a starters title I might have to travel somewhere and see if we can get the other half of her title.

Have thought about this some more and possibly might find a trial towards the end of the year maybe.

Kenzie:

Obedience

- keep playing with the exercises from all the classes, build confidence working around strangers

- hopefully get her into the trial ring sometime in the middle of the year

Not there yet but we will get there. She has the exercises but hasn't entered a trial yet and not sure what the time frame is on that yet

Agility

- start her trialling career, but need to do some serious work on contact training and jump work first

Big tick - 2010 SA State Reserve Novice Jumping Champion - well that wasn't on the game plan but we have our first JD quallie and I am sure the rest aren't far behind. Her contacts are getting there but are still a work in progress.

Dances with Dogs

- hmmmmmm well now she got her freestyle starters title and also now has half a heelwork to music starters title so we might have to see about a comp somewhere, not sure where we will go to find one, maybe back to Sydney again.

As per Ness - might try to find a comp to enter towards the end of the year

Herding

- fit some training in so we can try for a PT at some point

Have done more training and she has improved out of sight and last time was very switched onto the sheep, still need more training before we can attempt a PT though but she has the ability

Edited by ness

I just went back and read my goals for 2010 and Den has pretty much exceeded all of those lol! He is running for his JD title tonight!! :champagne:

lol so new goals for him

Denver:

*Gain a Pass in JDX

*Finish either or SD or GD titles

* Get some more distance work going..

*Gain another pass in AD

:)

I need to start challenging myself with my goals.. We have acheived all of those Damn Goals.. right challenge..

Denver:

*Gain 2 ADX passes

*Gain 1 JDM Pass

*Finish SD Title

*Enter a DWD comp (still to be decided lol that may be a 2011 goal)

Jock:

*To Finish SDX Title (we need 3 more Qs)

*To Finish ADX Title (2 more Qs)

OK here are my goals for 2010

Saxon-

Get her ADX title (1 pass to go in that)

Get her GD title (2 passes left in that)

Get her SD title (1 pass left in that)

I want to at least get all of those before I retire her at the end of the year at a grand old age of 13 years.

Get her GD title (2 passes left in that) We now finally have this.

Get her GD title (2 passes left in that) Have this one as well and we are still waiting on the ADX title.

Myf

Get her HIC and then her HT in Herding

Hopfully get her competing in CCD by the end of the year ( will see how we go with this one she is not quite up to standard yet)

Get Myf ready for Agility for the start of next year she will be 18 months by then and hopfully ready to compete.

Get her HIC and then her HT in Herding We have our HIC and we are working on our HT don't think we will get that till next year sometime

Hopfully get her competing in CCD by the end of the year I have entered her into her first trials for this in September so we will see how we go.

Get Myf ready for Agility Have started training her up for this and so far so good she is loving Agility.

Firstly, Huski, love your new avatar!

So our goals this year were:

Pass HIC and gain her HT title.

Start and maybe even gain her CCD.

We have had to revise that goal as she got her HIC and HT in April.

Now the goals are:

Gain her PT title.

Commence trailing in Herding Start.

And still start and maybe even gain her CCD.

On the side, after two second places in internal obed club fun days we were gunning for a first place and trophy - well with a bit of luck here and there we achieved that today. Whoo hoo!

Ok here we go, putting something in writing in the hope of making myself accountable!

First goal has to be for me. Without it the others won't happen. To train regularly and be consistant in what I want.

Jazz:

to finish her started ducks title with more finesse than her first 2 passes.

To see the inside of an obedience ring, preferably CD.

To start agility training

to start teaching driving skills so we can continue on into intermediate herding.

These may get put on hold depending on when she comes in season as am end of year litter is a possibility.

Piper:

to have a go at b course herding if it is oferred here or we manage to get away to trial.

And to otherwise enjoy her semi retirement and hopefully have no more recurrences of her leg injury.

Well Jazz has her started title on ducks now with 2 more high in trials and will shortly have a go at intermediate. Her driving skills are coming along but I don't think she yet has the confidence for the distance needed for trialling intermediate on sheep.

The inside of an obedience ring.... hmmm.... we made it to training, once! LOL.

Start agility - I have done some dablling at home but not gone to classes.

Piper is enjoying her semi retirement, no B course hering here yet but I am going to give her a crack at advanced A course ducks after a couple of lovely training runs. I had never expected her to be able to manage advanced but I think she will give it a good shot if she continues to work as she has been.

Jess:

Obedience

-CD Title

-Finish training all CDX exercises and maybe sneak in a trial there

Agility

-train train train!! because I was chicken this year and took a break to focus on obed, so next year I probably will have to re-train quite a bit.

-novice jumping trial

-JD pass *maybe* and if that works out...

-JD title

-novice agility trial, if training goes well

And if those goals go well, maybe try a bit of herding or flyball :love:

:laugh: So I like to dream big!

Weeell, CD title- check!

Finish CDX training and trial- semi check! (first trial 8/8/10... I'm scared!)

Now with agility, I basically went right back to the start with all her training, but we're getting there, too much drive for one dog :laugh:. But I reakon we'll get a novice jumping & agility trial in there before the end of the year, passing is another story! :D

I don't think I did a training wish list for Ziggy....

Typical! :D :)

One of the big aims was to teach contacts and weavers for agility - we managed to do this in a 2 week period and have entered a couple of trials so extremely pleased with our progress. Have competed in Novice Jumping, Novice Agility and Open Jumping. Only one pass in Novice Jumping but he is working beautifully so just need a bit of luck and his handler to engage her brain :cheer:

Another aim was to organise a few private agility lessons - also have done this and I am thrilled with our instructor and Zig's rapid progress.

Independent weave entries - need work - he has great potential so just need to put some time in!

We joined our local club (a lot closer since we moved!) which I have been meaning to do for ages but haven't had many agility sessions due to the poor condition of the grounds. In the limited training session we both had a hoot, Zig worked really well and we learnt a LOT :eek:

Ziggy now has two passes in Novice Jumping (2nd place, 4th place) and one pass in Novice Agility (1st place). Could not be more pleased with how he is going. Both of us are starting to get some real confidence and speed up! Handler still needs lots of work.

Agility contacts are seriously cute, funny and very reliable - he just scares the sh!t out of me by sprinting across the dog walk pretty fast for a larger dog ;) When he's feeling a little silly at home there's nothing like playing nose touches with the piece of timber on the deck!

Weave entries are really coming along at home - I'm really pushing his independence and he is loving the challenge. Can't wait to do some training at club so we can practice coming off other equipment instead of using the old stone BBQ as a table ;)

Would like to get his Novice title this year - haven't competed in any trials yet but he is working well. No thoughts given to Open although we are training for it and his dumbbell work is extremely enthusiastic after a LOT of work. Don't want to push him too fast.

I can't see him getting his Novice title unless I start entering trials :winner: Two passes down and one to go :laugh:

ET would be great this year - will see how I am going for time.

Just not enough time to get myself organised.....need to buy a decent bike...

Something that WASN'T on my wish list was to enter the Dalmatian Nationals. But here we are in Sydney and my big aim is to get out there and enjoy ourselves :laugh:

Definite highlight of the year....had a fun time camping and caught up with Ziggy's breeders who were so proud of him. In one day of competition he came up with a first place, Q in Novice Obedience (& Highest Score in Trial), first place, Q in Novice Agility and second place, NQ in Open Jumping. Still proud :cheers:

My aim is to stop enjoying my busy weekends around the house and enter some trials!!!

I wanted to see the GSD confident in sit/stays as well as better heeling, and we've achieved that. Getting the pinscher to do a reliable recall and quick sits...got that done too.

Am looking more forward to 2011 where top of my list is Rally Obedience as an accredited sport here...then I"m off and running (heeling) :laugh:

So my wishlist for 2010!

Ruby: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I want her CD title by the end of the year! And I don't want to do it by just scraping through, I'm aiming for some half decent scores :) So this means I need to find a solid SFE from somewhere :laugh: Guess I'm gonna have to train for that one! I also aim to have her ready for Open, but I'm not actually aiming to enter Open in 2010. If I do, that is just a bonus :mad

Well we are 2 passes down for the CD title and pleased to say we haven't just "scraped" through, either :) 194 and 190 (with another near miss of 195 - blasted sit stays! :cheer:), so fingers crossed our 3rd pass will be in the 190's too :rofl:

We have also been training for Open and it's going quite well! Just haven't trained for out of sight stays, yet. She's been in one Open mock trial with the possibility of another this weekend. If she picks up her last Novice pass soon and I can get those out of sight stays working, then with any luck, we may just be in the Open ring before the year is out :laugh:

Millie: I aim to put the time and effort into her again and get her CCD title in 2010. I also wish for Millie's health to stay good after our little cancer scare this year, and for her to not destroy my new garden when we move in shortly! :cheers: (out of all my goals, this last one is going to be the hardest to achieve!)

Still haven't put in as much effort as I should be with Millie, so CCD is still a bit away, but I am still aiming for her CCD by the end of the year, or at least have entered one :)

Failed one goal already, though, Millie sure likes to excavate that new garden!! :clap: But health is looking good!! :laugh:

Ruby: She has her CD title :D We gained two 1st places and one 2nd place. It took us about 6 months to get there because she would always mess up a single exercise like the SFE or bloomin' sit stay! But we got there in the end! Open trialling is definitely on the agenda this year. I will not be extending my goal of any CDX passes this year, though, I don't think she's quite there yet, but we will get out there and give it a good shot anyway! ;)

Millie: 2 CCD trials down so far, with 2 passes and 2 first places :D One more to go, and we have quite a few trials left in the year yet so I am quite confident we will pull off this goal by the end of 2010. I just hope I haven't jinxed us now!!! :cheer:

• 1 month later...

*Bump*

Wish list for 2010 is to obtain CCD (just looking for a pass not high points LOL) and start working towards CD which we'll have to retrain the heel as motivation lacks as well as the drop from a distance which he does sometimes but not others.

And hoping that we can get Dante to actualy hold the dumbell rather than just throwing it at me when he returns with it!

Edited by sas

Millie: 2 CCD trials down so far, with 2 passes and 2 first places :laugh: One more to go, and we have quite a few trials left in the year yet so I am quite confident we will pull off this goal by the end of 2010. I just hope I haven't jinxed us now!!! :rasberry:

Title done :laugh: With a 3rd first place :laugh: And it's full steam ahead straight into Novice this weekend. So whatever happens from here onwards is just a bonus, as I've already achieved the goal of CCD for Millie and CD for Ruby this year :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Beck; TSDX and CD

Jovi; herding PT and T.CH. Get ready to compete in Novice obedience, try some showing through summer, and maybe start to dabble with some agility/jumping training.

Skye; well she likes to believe she is retired, but maybe in the cold weather we will look at TSD

We are just about on schedule

Beck got his CCD and will enter CD shortly, and his first pass for TSDX (shortage of trials may limit us here).

Jovi needs another pass for his PT but he got his T.Ch this weekend just gone. Hs started obedience training. No agility as yet...to wet underfoot. Dabbled in the show ring.

Skye came out to play through winter and has two passes towards her TSD

Edited by dogdayz