January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

WOW!! :o I've seen some of those shots around before and would love to give it a try one day. Any photos of your set up?

Thanks snap and Kate :worship:

I was thinking I should've gotten setup pics.. altho it was actually an embarrassing setup.... I had the camera on the tripod naturally, a bowl of water full to the brim, my deep fryer behind the bowl with a piece of paper hanging in front of it. On top of the deep fryer was my swing arm lamp sitting precariously on the edge which had a ziplock bag hanging from it via an old padlock :o:thanks: And then I was free to add the dyes and water as I needed :cheer: Am planning on doing it again with other liquids in the next week or so, so I will definitely remember to take a pic of my deluxe :thumbsup: setup :)

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Ashli

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ashli - great water droplet shots

Wolfsong - beautiful sunset photo and lighting

tlc - those out takes are awesome... love the main ones... the look in the eye of "u going to throw it or what?"

Weibritty - meerkat looking straight at you, good work!

bec - the eyes could melt ice

anniek - doubt they would have stayed here long enough to photo nom nom nom indeed

RJ - the hot rod shot is great

lic - your little man is so cute

FP - love the stalker

Shell - beautiful SP

Thanks for the comments on my Peloton shot - yes I had to move out of the way as they would have only just missed me, and with the camera on me, I didn't want to cause a 50 cyclist pile up!

Here is todays shot.... despite playing tennis and going to watch the BigBash Twenty20 final, the camera stayed at home and I tried a new technique.... low down shots... camera on the ground pointing up at the subject, press the shutter and hope!

Realized I also dont have any shots of Thomas in my 365 Project yet... so here is our little man! (Although he needs a groom urgently!)

4296893009_9198a67ec7.jpg

Quick comments from me this morning cos I've got places to be but probably won't get a chance to log on again today!

Love the duckies.

Love the baby glider.

Love Asha in the bath! – could she look more folorn!

Love the second meerkat.

Love the napping pei – I want to stroke that velvety nose!

Love the second shot tlc – those big brown eyes are so pretty!

Love wolfsong’s cross at sunset…I really like silhouettes.

Love the water drops by Ashli – really brilliant photos.

Love scruffy Thomas! Give him a cuddle from me. :rofl:

Love all three of your shots iltby!

Here's my rushed shot for this morning cos I don't want to miss a day!

4298240289_8aa4f48a7f_o.jpg

Ashli, those water pics are totally awesome, I have had a go but just couldnt get it right, will try again now I have seen yours for inspiration!!

SB, Thomas is adorable!!

Iltby, love your shots, Your doggies eyes are like crystal waters so clear!

FP, love love love the fairy shot (thats what we called them as kids, dont know thier real name :rofl:)

JS, great mirror shot!!

Everyone is being very experimental this month, mine for today not so much :laugh:

My boy after dog training, he was happy to sit in the one spot while I snapped away!!

DSC_0012-4.jpg

Ams - "bokeh" is the blurred background caused by using a shallow depth of field. (wide open apeture = smaller number).

If you had a 50mm 1.4 lens, you could shoot with your aperture set on 1.4 and you would have some wicked bokeh. This would mean that the lens is wide open allowing lots of light in and gives a faster shutter speed. The fast shutter speed means the sensor doesn't have enough time to create detail in the background/foreground hence why it's blurry.

Hmm... I've babbled. :rofl:

Ams - "bokeh" is the blurred background caused by using a shallow depth of field. (wide open apeture = smaller number).

If you had a 50mm 1.4 lens, you could shoot with your aperture set on 1.4 and you would have some wicked bokeh. This would mean that the lens is wide open allowing lots of light in and gives a faster shutter speed. The fast shutter speed means the sensor doesn't have enough time to create detail in the background/foreground hence why it's blurry.

Hmm... I've babbled. :rofl:

Thanks Ash.. babble maybe but I now understand. :laugh:

JS, we had a look in the window, and then saw a dog kennel... Well, the dog that was asleep in there... We ran, lets leave it at that.

Its one that we have seen on another property, and is nasty, we figured it lived at the house we saw it at, because it was lying at the front door, but we now know where it really came from! :eek:

With the old two story building, it is now a tea 'room' in Sunbury, the road it is on, is actually a driveway to a High School, which also has a beautiful mansion out the front of main office of the school. http://www.rupertswood.com

Resizing my photos from today!