Anyone Want To Post A Pic Of Their Crate?

Guest acb123

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thanks so much guys!!!!! I really enjoyed looking at the pics too! It gives me an idea of what to do (I'm such a visual person!!!)

:laugh:

I also have a photo of a "not" dog!

This is Boo Recovering from Av Gas poisoning.

She had burnt all the hairs off her tounge and we were trying to encourage her to eat by herself. I hand fed her for 6 weeks before she learnt to get food in her mouth by herself.

Note the childs favourite story book and water bottle. They were to help Boo feel happy.

post-23623-1262175114_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

I just have bedding in Daisy's crate. I put her food bowl in there for meals and take it out when she's finished. She puts the toys in there herself :(

IMG_1707.jpg

same colour and style for me but bigger and substitute a GSP for the Beagle ;) although Morty goes through nice padded bedding way too quickly (he likes to nest before sleeping which results in hole in pillows) so he has several old blankets in the bottom of his crate

bought a 2nd one for the impending new puppy too....

Crash used to have only old blankies, firstly because he destroyed everything and secondly because he would sometimes prefer to sleep on the crate floor and up side down :(

He as since graduated to a blue K9 Royale with a fluffy bed and has not destroyed that...yet...but he still sleeps up side down...

post-11623-1262177154_thumb.jpg

post-11623-1262177169_thumb.jpg

ooo can i hijack to quickly ask something?!

I'm getting a mini dachshund pup in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of crate training him while he is being toilet trained so he can sleep next to me in his crate at night.. do you think one of the K9+ soft crates will be ok for this? I will use it to take him for car rides also until he is old enough to wear a harness. Or would i be better off with an airline crate? I just love the look of the soft ones! Also would he be a size small in the soft crate?

I'm getting a mini dachshund pup in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of crate training him while he is being toilet trained so he can sleep next to me in his crate at night.. do you think one of the K9+ soft crates will be ok for this? I will use it to take him for car rides also until he is old enough to wear a harness. Or would i be better off with an airline crate? I just love the look of the soft ones! Also would he be a size small in the soft crate?

For a pup I would always recommend an airline crate or collapsible crate. Most pups tend to chew things for a while and though the K9 crates look much nicer it may not survive puppy teeth and claws.

Crash used to have only old blankies, firstly because he destroyed everything and secondly because he would sometimes prefer to sleep on the crate floor and up side down :(

He as since graduated to a blue K9 Royale with a fluffy bed and has not destroyed that...yet...but he still sleeps up side down...

That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! I've never heard of a dog that sleeps upside down! Don't the legs wobble and wake your dog up?

BTW I have one large crate that is shared by my 2 smaller dogs. We are low on storage space in our house so it sits neatly under the desk I'm currently sitting at. They love it - always trying to get in there during the day when I have other plans for them ;)

For a pup I would always recommend an airline crate or collapsible crate. Most pups tend to chew things for a while and though the K9 crates look much nicer it may not survive puppy teeth and claws.

I also agree- hard crate for a dachshund (I have seen them chew out of these two LOL). My soft crate no longer has a front door so it now a den. Since getting the pup there has been some additions- I just put the bed in there!!

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04277.jpg

toys, waterbowl (was full 5min before the pic was taken), phone (hiding under the bed), slipper, drink bottle, socks, mail........ There was really nothing left in the house by the end!! She is a bit of a bower bird and the Kelpies have to ask permission to take their toys back LOL

Edited by woofenpup

Used to be 2 seperate crates under the desk but we modified it to this

DSC_0677.jpg

When we are at flyball they have their seperate crates, with just a bed and a water bowl and a fitted crate cover, then they have their own space and it makes it easier to get them in and out

Edited by shoemonster

• 2 weeks later...