What Strange Tastes Do Your Dogs Have?

mutt lover

Just wondering what strange things others dogs like to :)

My old girl Lady likes lettuce, will sit and stare at me when I'm eating a salad and gave her bit of lettuce one day thinking she'd spit it out but to my surprise she ate it and loves it, will also eat vegies on their own and loves cut up or grated carrot, asked vet once if it was normal for dogs to like lettuce and he laughed and said not usually and that most dogs wont eat vegies either unless mixed with their food, so perhaps whoever owned her when she was young gave her vegies (pity they didn't give her bones as she had really bad teeth when I got her) are good now but still have to be careful what bones I give her as she has a tendency to swallow rather than chew I'd say due to the past bad teeth so raw chicken wings are on the no go list.

Carrots. Just imagine three Rotties sitting perfectly in the kitchen, drooling while you are cutting up raw carrot :)

Baylee used to like naked strawberries until she saw OH put cream on his one day. Now she will only eat them if they have cream on them as well. :)

Zephyr absolutely loves watermelon, rind and all :)

None of them will eat carob or doggy chocs. How do I know? I have had them spat back at me by all three dogs every time I try to give it to them. Baylee did this from a very young age and she is nearly 8 now. But if you have good quality chocolate though.......................

My girl goes nuts for pancakes. Even her usual treats don't cut it when she can smell them cooking! The other morning she was asleep on the kitchen floor when I started to make pancakes. She woke up drooling.

Bubby LOVES durian. Bitty hasn't tried it yet so must test it on her soon!

Bubby also LOVES Pho! Goes mad when I am making the stock and he always has to have a small doggy serve and then sits at the bowl for about 2 hrs afterwards :)

Bitty loves raw veggies! I think she was a vegetarian in her last life! She eats more veg than me!!! :)

My girl goes nuts for pancakes. Even her usual treats don't cut it when she can smell them cooking! The other morning she was asleep on the kitchen floor when I started to make pancakes. She woke up drooling.

Same at our place. Pancakes beat just about everything.

My dog Chip goes absolutely bananas for Hungry Jacks chips :) Not MacDonalds ones only the Hungry Jacks ones!!! He would turn himself inside out just to get one. He also really really likes the yellow powerade.

Edited to remove quote from another thread :)

Edited by kiesha09

My toy poodle would eat anything that I ate, probably with the exception of broccoli, that was always picked out and left on the floor!! My current girl (koolie) will not touch any vegetable, she's interested but spits it out, she's a carnivore, it has to have meat for her! I dropped a frozen blueberry on the floor the other day and she grabbed it and I thought maybe I've found it, but no it got spat out again after being rolled around for a few seconds!! She won't eat bread or pasta either!

Edited by Jigsaw

Sophie thinks shes in heaven with a Soft Serve Cone from Macca's. We're in brisbane and live right near a macca's so on the way home from the dog park on a hot day we go drive through and OH and I get frozen cokes and Sophie get's an icecream. She then stares at it intently all the way home till it gets to her bowl.

My dog picks plums off the fruit trees in my backyard and eats them. :) She leaves the seed. :D

I tend to give mine a carrot each once a week too.

They love apples, bananas, rabbit poo, etc :thumbsup:

Oh! One of them eats the rabbit food too (chaff, rabbit pallet, sun flower seed mixture) :laugh:

They love pears too!

Edited by Pointees