Anyone Else Have A Broken Dog?

~*Shell*~

It's pouring down at my place and when I say pouring, i mean pouring! The rain is currently too heavy for me to consider driving to pick up a friend and that's saying something. My garage is flooded from the last 20 minutes of rain and we have leaks in the roof that I've never seen before, even in the worst rain storm.

Zero is currently doing zoomies in the backyard. He won't come in, even a bone wouldn't tempt him and for a food driven dog, that's saying something.

I think my dog is broken!

Anyone else have one too?

Jedi is smart. :champagne:

I should have dropped Zero off at your place Nik. Zero and Soaks could be doing zoomies in this together!

Good thing none of them are afraid of storms!

ETA: Zero just ran up the steps, shook himself off right on the glass door (i could have filled a swimming pool with the amount that came off him!) and then ran back down the steps to do more zoomies. :thumbsup:

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Echo would be out there with Zero if she could.

On Wednesday there was a big thunderstorm with heaps of rain and she was out in it when she managed to escape my clutches as she is a little dumb she came back inside by herself very quickly and trapped. She was then banned from going out and sat sulking at the door.

4344698899_3658f0b50f.jpg

Yesturday she was locked out in it I am sure she had a blast.

Edited by Evolving

My two had the biggest zoomie session in the rain yesterday. Zee had never seen an umbrella before and both dogs spent their time either bolting up to me (playing chicken at the new "toy") or running around full speed with their tails tucked up their butts.

Took them probably 20 mins to get it out of their system, they'd have a brief sniff and then take off again. Nutters, both of them! :champagne:

it is POURING down hard rain in sydney right now...!!

Charlie enjoyed his time outside in the rain... but made a huge deal about coming inside and being wet. I bought out his towel and he quickly walked to the towel to get dried. he sat very very still while I dried him off.. now he is sitting inside watching the rain.

he's not scared of storm either... when thunder hit, he just tilted his head looking very cute and then give me a 'what was that, mum?!'

Guest belgian.blue
Whats is this rain you speak of?

Big wet stuff... falls from the sky?

Ringing any bells? :champagne:

Ohhhh that watery stuff that makes everything grow?

Perth had O.2 of a mil and that broke our longest dry spell of 77 days .. go figure

Whats is this rain you speak of?

Big wet stuff... falls from the sky?

Ringing any bells? :champagne:

Haven't seen it for a long time although supposedly happened in some SA areas yesterday.

Maybe it is a spitz thing Jaana loves doing zoomies in the rain too - not that it happens here often

And I have to remind her that she is a dog not a cat -I have never seem a dog bat and paw toys the way she does. She also loves being stroked from head to tail like a cat"""""""""""

Lol - I know exactly what it's like in perth. I lived there for 12 years - I never saw rain there like we had in sydney tonight!

Meanwhile, Zero has still decided sleeping outside is a great idea. He won't come inside so I can dry him off. He has a crate under out sunroom that he sleeps in (i used to try and bring the crate inside but he would just sleep under the sunroom anyway :rofl: ) and the blanket in it got wet from him going to lie on it after he was wet so I've had to change it for some towels and I'll have to wash his blankie tomorrow. Crazy dog!

Yes I too had some bedraggled looking scruffs that looked as if noone loved them, busily running around trying to catch the rain!! They have plenty of shelter too, but nup, more fun to be wet!

Maybe they too were sick fthe heat and just enjoying being cool!

We had over 3" A couple of days ago.....dams overflowing for the first time, since i don't know when. We have since had another 1" yesterday. huge newfie feet tracks throughout the house. They love puddles. And isn't it amazing how the grass can go green overnight

Yep... went outside before to find Sasha lying out in the pouring rain - despite all my best efforts to keep her under the shelter. She was even squinting because it was beating on her eyes... sigh...

I've brought her inside now. She's been really antsy all afternoon and evening... it's not actually storming here but I think she can sense the storms around here. She's been running around like a crazy thing every now and then.

:o

Darcy does zoomies in the rain. Its his favourite activity :o

But possibly the cutest thing he does, is when he wants to get up on the lounge with me. He will first come and put his head in my lap. Then one foot up, then the other (head is still in my lap) then one back foot, then the other so he is sitting in my lap. Apparently he thinks I don't notice this gradual progression and therefore cannot tell him to get down. He can't just jump up next to me like a normal dog :thanks: