Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

What are you using as uprights for your solid jump? PVC pipe or wood or metal? I'm hoping to use PVC as I already bought the pieces to shove it in the ground.

Edit: just saw your next post - come on share with me, what did he do and can I put my hand up for one?! :rofl:

He used scent articles for the side thingies...... I need to show you wink.gif

thumbsup1.gif

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got tired of lugging my solid jump around so I made one out of PVC pipes and white heavy material. Takes two seconds to put togethor and along with the bar jump fit in an old camp chair bag to carry around in. Cheap and easy.

Im ready to get my head back in the trialling game! Have applied for his title this morning and entered a 3 day trial for January. So will get focused on training for the trials and getting us up to scratch for the new ring! We were meant to compete in a double last weekend but we didnt go because I hadnt put any effort in to get him ready. Just took a few weeks off since our last trial. So im all fresh faced for the new year! Bring on CD! :laugh:

Gosh we are a bit deprived of trials down here :eek: No more obedience trials for the year, possibly some PM ribbon trials at the end of January. I'm away the whole of Feb on holidays so looks like we won't be competing until at least March :cry:

kathQ - attaching the material - with velcro or ......? (Bearing in mind I have no sewing machine and no crafty or handyperson abilities :rofl: )

I just stitched open ended pockets down each side and across the top, thread the poles through the pockets and presto!! Velcro would work if you cant sew as you can buy iron on stuff. That'll put yur cost up though.

I had a vision of making one using a narrow white fabric roller blind, put hooks on each upright, hook the blind onto one (vertically), pull it across horizontally to the other upright and hook on.

That was the theory - not sure if it would actually work though :laugh: But it would pack up very small for the car

:D :thumbsup: Thanks guys (told you I had no crafty abilities - and no imagination :laugh: ). That will be a project for the school holidays I think - as will proofing Rory's stays so that he can actually be trusted in stays with other dogs, and maybe get through Novice, so we can actually use the solid jump :rofl: .

Now - some nifty solutions for the stay proofing??? We are making progress ... slowly.

Woohoooooo well done OSS and kids!! That is a tremendous effort and fantastic results to boot! :cheer:

:shhh: don't tell my mum that I want to steal Pippa full time for training :rofl:

She is a hoot!! I was doing some circle work and restrained recalls tonight with a few line up at heel and drops and she is so much fun! She's go go go! Love it :D

Oh and I can't believe what an angel she is in her crate waiting for her turn! Yeah, I'm a bit smitten with this puppy :o Wouldn't get myself a mini schnauzer but she's a lot of fun as a rental dog laugh.gif

Here is the cheeky ninja herself!

Don't you just love rental dogs! I would love to steal my mum's pup too! He's a pound puppy who's now 18 months old and would be a superstar in obedience if I could steal him but unfortunately they live in VIC and Mum won't part with him! LOL

Solid jump had its first ring runout tonight and I am pleased to say that it managed its stays and it passed thumbsup1.gifrofl1.gif

Good luck to my mate who tomorrow sits her UD judges exam - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you wink.gifthumbsup1.gif

and tonight Cider had her first UD round called for her - I learnt a lot from it and she has some very nice stuff happening and a couple of oh no where did that come from moments. But very please with how she is going thumbsup1.gif

Good girl Cider!!! She's such a star and will kick bum in her UD debut!

I put Ruby through her second UD runout tonight and she is doing well :) Missed her metal article and I opened my mouth with HEEL! in signals but the rest is coming together. We started signals heelwork again and she heeled nicely :thumbsup:

We'll be giving it another go to tomorrow under trial conditions for bedazzled's exam - best of luck bedazzled!!!!!! :D

Thanks to RubyStar and Ptolomy for helping out with my exams and being my guinea pigs to sort out my rounds. Happy to say I passed both the theory and practical exams and have been officially informed I am now a UD Judge! :D

warm congratulations bedazzled ! :cheer::champagne::thumbsup:

Delighted we have another UD judge :cheers:

Thanks to RubyStar and Ptolomy for helping out with my exams and being my guinea pigs to sort out my rounds. Happy to say I passed both the theory and practical exams and have been officially informed I am now a UD Judge! :D

Well done mate - now I need to talk to you about Beans scoring 0 for the seekback last night - I think she actually should have scored less than that - little witch ;)

I know you weren't feeling terrific last night - so I take my hat off to you. You were put under a lot of pressure and to have the stealing incident happened and the police show up - you really did a good job in keeping your head.

PS - Lexi's tail was still wagging when she got home - you would have thought she had won lotto being able to do the last 2 exercises and the stays with another handler.

Good luck for your first appointment and as I said on Facebook........

Hopefully you will get yur UDX title a little quicker than our boys did :rofl: