Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't drink, right bedazzled and Ptolomy ;) :thumbsup:

liar liar pants on fire :o Did I get it on video ;)

Only if you can video while staggering around :laugh: Oh I forgot to tell you, you will never guess where my breeder had booked to stay? I got to sleep in the same bed every night I was in Adelaide ;)

Why is it when you enter your first trial everything starts going pearshaped.

I was determined that this wasn't going to happen this time BUT IT HAS :o

so do I.......

train every night and try and fix all the broken bits which is a bit like a seam unravelling at the moment

OR

open another bottle of red wine and just watch videos of training rounds when everything was sweet :laugh:

Another vote for the wine here!!! :thumbsup:

From all this I think we can assume that dog training and red wine drinking go hand in hand :champagne:

Maybe to be a good dog trainer you also have to drink red wine...

Come on guys think of some others........

PS - I didn't train tonight I decided to have a rest and try it again tomorrow :thumbsup:

Yep why else would I be pulling my hair out and drinking red wine midweek :thumbsup:

Seriously reconsidering now :cheers:

Drinking red wine midweek is not the norm in your house :champagne::thumbsup: (said as I polish off glass two...)

Which class have you entered her in?

CCD :cheer: and Strauss gives Cider a very hard time he is always hanging off her ears, stealing toys off her, biting her neck - they get on very well :cheer:

Yep why else would I be pulling my hair out and drinking red wine midweek :thumbsup:

Seriously reconsidering now :cheers:

Drinking red wine midweek is not the norm in your house :champagne::thumbsup: (said as I polish off glass two...)

Which class have you entered her in?

Yep why else would I be pulling my hair out and drinking red wine midweek :laugh:

Seriously reconsidering now :)

Give her to Aunty RS to trial on Sunday so if she messes up you can blame it on me :) In return, I will give you Ruby to take through Open, and when she messes up, I can just blame you :) Or forever worship you cos you brought out what she's deep down actually capable of :)

and Strauss gives Cider a very hard time he is always hanging off her ears, stealing toys off her, biting her neck - they get on very well :D

Treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen, right??

Edited by RubyStar

Pink bubbles work too :laugh:

From all this I think we can assume that dog training and red wine drinking go hand in hand :)

Maybe to be a good dog trainer you also have to drink red wine...

Come on guys think of some others........

PS - I didn't train tonight I decided to have a rest and try it again tomorrow :)

So being tea total is out then? :cry: That might explain my problem then.

Any ideas on how to get a dog to confidently retrieve metals? I've been trying for months and Miss pants will only hold them with her front teeth, the ones in front of the canines. I've tried playing with the articles with her, playing with balls of rolled up foil, food, knurled and plain... but no she just doesn't like them. I can't see us doing UD but I'd still like to find a way to have her retrieving the metals with the same pleasure and bounce as the woods and leathers. I think it's the hardness and sensation against her teeth she doesn't like.

Hey guys.. just thought I'd pop in and say that I did end up going to obedience that night (and again last night) and it's been heaps better! I think I had to just be a little bit more strong and politely tell the trainer when I was going to do something different. For example she is wanting our class (of 3!) to do stand stays and I have said that I don't want to do them yet as her sit stays aren't strong still. And Luuka and I are working on 'drop' which is coming on just WONDERFULLY ;) In the last couple of sessions she's started dropping just with the signal, voice command and with me juust bending a little bit at the knee, hardly at all, when before I had to lure her right down to the ground :cry:

Quick question, TN (my training guru, I may steal her from Sydney when I go down there and smuggle her back in my car and keep her prisoner here, don't tell her it's a secret plan..) said that judges don't really care if she drops perfectly onto her belly or not. Which is good, because Luuka sorta flops unceremoniously sideways. It's really unattractive :rofl: The trainer last night said the same thing. So that is fine, but I'm wondering, now that she's getting the basic concept of 'drop', should I be getting her to drop 'properly'? TN gave me an exercise to try with Luuka, get her standing on a table with her front paws at the edge, lure her down between her front legs. It didn't work for me, Luuka just basically made herself into a donut to get the treat and did not even come close to dropping. When I gently gave her a push on her shoulders she just flopped sideways :rofl:

ANy other ideas?