Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL RS, are the cookies for you or for the dogs?? Daisy would go nuts for one of those cookies! :)

For the humans :D Peanut butter cookies with choc chips and Reece's Pieces (M&M type things but instead of choc, they are filled with peanut butter).

I reckon Ruby would work for one :cheer:

Yummmmm!!!!! Good luck cookies :)

LOL RS, are the cookies for you or for the dogs?? Daisy would go nuts for one of those cookies! :cheer:

For the humans :D Peanut butter cookies with choc chips and Reece's Pieces (M&M type things but instead of choc, they are filled with peanut butter).

I reckon Ruby would work for one :cheer:

Well I did a double trial today (my club's trial) and unfortunately no passes. Ella has clearly been reading up on the 101 ways to blow directed jumping! In the first trial she took the wrong jump the first time but got it right the second time and managed to get 169 and 2nd place with just that one 0. In the later trial she shot past the box and sat somewhere behind it and then went to do the same thing the second time but I told her off and sent her to the box and then she lost the plot and started looking around as if searching for her seek back. Everything else was really nice though. Fingers crossed for next week's trial!

Know exactly how you feel.. Better luck next week.

** Goes looking for the disaster thread**

Actually it wasn't that bad - Darcy worked better again today but anticipated both her finishes on the normal recall and then the COP this morning (not seen that before :laugh: ) and then didn't sit on her COP this arvo.

I went without the extra hand signals and scored much better. Thanks bedazzled :love: Just need to fix that crooked front (which got worse!) and the COP and anticipation problem and we should be ok. :)

Edited by Jess.

Actually it wasn't that bad - Darcy worked better again today but anticipated both her finishes on the normal recall and then the COP this morning (not seen that before :laugh: ) and then didn't sit on her COP this arvo.

I went without the extra hand signals and scored much better. Thanks bedazzled :) Just need to fix that crooked front (which got worse!) and the COP and anticipation problem and we should be ok. :crazy:

Sorry to hear :D

BUT Look on the positive, your problem in ethuasiam not the opposite!

Yep! Anticipation is not the worst thing a dog can do! Shame it scores a zero but its easily fixed. Well done on the improvements :laugh:

Actually it wasn't that bad - Darcy worked better again today but anticipated both her finishes on the normal recall and then the COP this morning (not seen that before :crazy: ) and then didn't sit on her COP this arvo.

I went without the extra hand signals and scored much better. Thanks bedazzled :p Just need to fix that crooked front (which got worse!) and the COP and anticipation problem and we should be ok. :D

Sorry to hear :)

BUT Look on the positive, your problem in ethuasiam not the opposite!

Ptolomy is the best thrower I have ever seen....superwoman!!!! :noidea: I'm a chucker....all I care about is getting it over the jump and not landing on the judges head!!! I've had to train my dogs to go out and get it from wherever the damn thing lands, return back over the jump and present straight!!! Poor dogs :sleep:

Between Ptolomy and me you've got no chance!!! :p Get it right girl!!! :rofl:

Here you go... the judge is in the way for the DOR but you can sort of see my signals.

The retrieves are fairly clear

You can see my crappy throws!!! :laugh:

and I've chucked in the change of position just for fun!

Your signals are lovely and neat! :laugh:

You're an "over arm" dumbell thrower, I don't see many of those! I'm a real crap throw myself, but got a dumbell throwing tip on Monday night from a fellow Lab owner and it really did improve my throws! I'm still more than capable of throwing some awful ones, but managed to throw quite a few straight ones in a row :laugh: It's all in the flick of the wrist :D I'm an "under arm" thrower for the dumbell. I might have to get a few practice sessions in before this weekend :D

P.S. If you're not in the ring when I am this weekend, hopefully you can check out my newly amended signals in DOR and distance control and see if they're any better than the last trial :) And if not, give me a stern picking on :D

Alright, here's my video from today that includes my first ever attempt at throwing dumbell overarm :p Didn't do too badly! I may or may not change to this from now on. I'm an almost convert. From thinking it looks really dicky, to now seeing how functional it really is despite its dickiness :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Video from this morning :( . I was feeling motivated to do some obedience today after watching Cider's videos :) . I really think I should pursue it as Banjo does some great work even with a dodgy handler :) . The part where it looked like he ran off I'd actually thrown food for him and towards the end in the slow pace he nearly tripped me over oops :) . He was a cheeky monkey today though because he saw me put food in my pockets when I got his toy out he turned his nose up at it but then when I was putting it away when we got home he wanted to play with it naughty boy :D .

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tiggy3010?feature=mhum

Video from this morning :D . I was feeling motivated to do some obedience today after watching Cider's videos :cheer: . I really think I should pursue it as Banjo does some great work even with a dodgy handler :thumbsup: . The part where it looked like he ran off I'd actually thrown food for him and towards the end in the slow pace he nearly tripped me over oops :D . He was a cheeky monkey today though because he saw me put food in my pockets when I got his toy out he turned his nose up at it but then when I was putting it away when we got home he wanted to play with it naughty boy :) .

I wish I could watch this - I really need internet access at home and glad Soggy helped with your motivation.

Rubystar you should have been tickled pink with Ruby's work yesterday - yep there are still things to work on - but it is heading in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

Kathq - you have got me thinking - the 30th October - hmm I am staying north of Brisbane - hmmm

Video from this morning :cheer: . I was feeling motivated to do some obedience today after watching Cider's videos :party: . I really think I should pursue it as Banjo does some great work even with a dodgy handler :D . The part where it looked like he ran off I'd actually thrown food for him and towards the end in the slow pace he nearly tripped me over oops :) . He was a cheeky monkey today though because he saw me put food in my pockets when I got his toy out he turned his nose up at it but then when I was putting it away when we got home he wanted to play with it naughty boy :D .

I wish I could watch this - I really need internet access at home and glad Soggy helped with your motivation.

Rubystar you should have been tickled pink with Ruby's work yesterday - yep there are still things to work on - but it is heading in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

Kathq - you have got me thinking - the 30th October - hmm I am staying north of Brisbane - hmmm

Just remember the 30th of October is a very special day - mine and Sophie's birthday :thumbsup: