Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love it!!!! :p I can think of a whole range of cheat T shirts...with or without the profanity!!!! :o

I opt with profanity - I have a word that pairs very nicely with the f in front :happydance: No amount of using it though when asking for a front fixes the problem, I wonder why :swing:

I have more! :swing:

jerk_is_not_a_verb_tank_top_tshirt-p235296832612890014yqnu_400.jpg

I wanna replace the word Rally-O with just Obedience :p

awesome_at_rally_o_tshirt-p235615053432993940qw9y_400.jpg

"Pedigree indicates what a dog should be, conformation indicates what a dog appears to be, performance indicates what a dog is really made of."

performance_tshirt-p235991247703330788qrja_400.jpg

Edited by RubyStar

Sorry for the shirt bombardment, but I love this one! So much of it applies to regular obedience, too :swing: My favourite is "Bonus: Jump on Judge" :p

if_dogs_made_rally_signs_tshirt-p235069634979626128q3vu_400.jpg

In case you can't read them all, they say:

Suddenly Pull Right - Halt, Sniff Ground - Halt (if you feel like it) - Chase Tail - Bonus Jump on Judge - Drag Owner Behind You - Find Treats - Call Front, Bark at Owner

Edited by RubyStar

YES!

THAT'S EXACTLY IT!

Sorry for caps but I just haven't been able to articulate it properly. She is just following the treat not actually obeying a command.

How to correct this?

TN you're an angel, I will be online tonight, I'm skipping obedience, I know it's a cop out but I feel that trainer is a hindrance more than a help at the moment :swing:

Do you use a clicker? If you lure will she stay there or pop back up? I had the same problem with my boy. I ended up luring him down, standing straight, saying drop with a hand signal then quickly click treating. Didn't take long for him to get drop with the aid of the clicker. If he didn't do it first go with the lure I'd push on his shoulders to guide him down. I now have a dog that'll throw himself on the floor in a drop almost every time as soon as I ask. This was after battling without the clicker for close to four months. Until I tried it with the clicker, I didn't think we'd ever get it!! Still working on consistency but it's 200% improvement.

Sorry for the shirt bombardment, but I love this one! So much of it applies to regular obedience, too :swing: My favourite is "Bonus: Jump on Judge" :o

if_dogs_made_rally_signs_tshirt-p235069634979626128q3vu_400.jpg

In case you can't read them all, they say:

Suddenly Pull Right - Halt, Sniff Ground - Halt (if you feel like it) - Chase Tail - Bonus Jump on Judge - Drag Owner Behind You - Find Treats - Call Front, Bark at Owner

:p Love this one!

Why is it when you enter your first trial everything starts going pearshaped.

I was determined that this wasn't going to happen this time BUT IT HAS :rofl:

so do I.......

train every night and try and fix all the broken bits which is a bit like a seam unravelling at the moment

OR

open another bottle of red wine and just watch videos of training rounds when everything was sweet :rofl:

I was determined that this wasn't going to happen this time BUT IT HAS :rofl:

so do I.......

train every night and try and fix all the broken bits which is a bit like a seam unravelling at the moment

OR

open another bottle of red wine and just watch videos of training rounds when everything was sweet :rofl:

open the red wine Beagie

I vote for the red wine....the more you drink the better the rounds...its a win win!!!!! :rofl:

I was determined that this wasn't going to happen this time BUT IT HAS :o

so do I.......

OR

:rofl: another vote here for the red wine/vid watching option - you drink the wine, dogs watch the videos. :rofl:

Love the T shirts. I have one which says "Dog needs younger handler" - and another quite complicated one which says "Yes, I know that was my fault" - and around the edges are little stick drawings with speech bubbles of the sortws of things your 'friends' will tell you after a crappy run. Got them from here - couple of years ago now but great service, and the shirts are good quality. The owner is an agility competitor in the US.