Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Finally got my act together to submit for Ruby and Millie's RN titles, and Millie's JDX title. $84 later :eek: Now I know why I left it for so bloomin' long!!! Daylight robbery, and we don't even get an updated pedigree included in that, and I didn't opt for postage or it would have brought it to an even $90 :eek:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've met some super little Mini Schnauzers, they are so cute with their beards too LOL - I tend to see them more in agility than obedience, would love to see some more in the obedience ring.

I am working on teaching heelwork at the moment as well, to the pup in my sig. We've only been working together for a short time and I have just started teaching some obedience exercises. She is SO much fun! I am in love :love:

Edited by huski

• 4 weeks later...

Ooops I killed the thread! Well an update anyway, I am having lots of fun with Wiz. Here's where her heel work is at the moment about three weeks in from when we started training it, lots of work to do but she's enjoying it :)

Just a little brag (compared to the achievements of others on this thread :) ) - after a long break between trialing dogs Indi, my 4yr old GSD, qualied last night and now has her CCD title. This has been a long time coming and I'm just a little bit happy to be back in the ring, especially with this particular girl :)

• 4 weeks later...

So what is everyone training over the Christmas break? I am determined to work on getting some nice fronts happening :)

I am working hard on dumbbell and focused heeling without treats on me.

We're working on change of position for Novice - Indi tends to step forward so we've dusted off the platform and hopefully this will tidy things up a bit :)

All my big kids get time off over Xmas and New Year - usually 4 weeks - gives us both a break and time to recharge batteries and I find that they are firing on all cylinders when we start back again.

Naughty Nina, doesn't get time off, that puppy brain is still like a sponge taking it all in. Learning scent discrimination at the moment just go and find the one I touched - so once she knows the game - it gets put away and brought out again when she is a bit older where we work on formalities. Also playing sendaway to a hoop, a mat and a platform, change of positions, including going from a sit and down to a stand and dumbbells and at some point I will teach her a formal stand and don't move - but that's in the too hard basket for now, still working on steady feet in a sit.

Gees the list is never ending isn't it.

Edited by Ptolomy

Naughty Nina has just turned 8 months old - physically biggrin.gif

Its 40 degrees here in Perth - might even be 41 - and has been for the last 4 days and the next couple so way too hot to do anything outside - so all this is being done inside - so limited by space.

That's too darned hot, Ptolomy!

We've been taking advantage of holidays and nice weather to do little bits and pieces. Polishing the Broad for Open (yes, I'm old fashioned :laugh: - I quite like it as an exercise, actually) and also the COP. Working on not coming forward on the doown>sit - so a little bit of platform work to encourage him to stay in position and just sit up - and to strengthen his muscles to do that. Playing with DOR, OOS stays - mainly in familiar surroundings and just with Kirra at present - playing with a few FS tricks with both dogs, and we even had a little play with beginning treibball - we're really just doing little bits and pieces, just for fun, with a little bit of 'serious' occasionally thrown in - holiday stuff. Oh and playing a bit with the metal - preparatory to playing with SD. Kirra's doing a bit of Rally, and a little bit of FS. We're having fun, although I could end up with confused dogs. Never mind :laugh:

We're all in holiday mode at my place. So much I could be working on, so little motivation in this heat! I think the most I've done in weeks is a bit of walking backwards in heel with the Labs, and some fronts/finishes/holds with the little one. But we've been having fun at the beach a bit, so I don't think the dogs care too much about the lack of training laugh.gif