Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Well I decided to test out how fit my girl was tonight by doing as much of a UD run out as she could manage. Turns out she could get through a whole one! And all exercises were quite respectable until she got the wrong glove... :laugh: So I think with a bit more proofing she'll be heading out into the scary world of UD trials within the next 2 months!!! :laugh:

Awesome!

Perhaps both our dogs will be debuting in their class come May! :laugh:

Although I think you should post a video :laugh:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you end up going RubyStar? We had flooded streets and I nearly got totalled on the way home by dumb drivers going too fast for the conditions!!!! Glad I had the brakes done as I had a P Plater cut right in front of me...grrr. I didn't get home until 6.30 and then we had no power so we went out for dinner and a movie!!!

I'm thinking training at the K9 is off for me tonight! The storm has just hit and I'm stuck at work! Hail stones the size of golf balls are coming down :laugh: Not sure when I should risk going, will it get better or worse :laugh: Once I finally make it home :laugh: I may do some steady feet training inside :laugh:

Well I decided to test out how fit my girl was tonight by doing as much of a UD run out as she could manage. Turns out she could get through a whole one! And all exercises were quite respectable until she got the wrong glove... :laugh: So I think with a bit more proofing she'll be heading out into the scary world of UD trials within the next 2 months!!! :laugh:

Awesome!

Perhaps both our dogs will be debuting in their class come May! :laugh:

Although I think you should post a video :laugh:

I won't be doing any day time trials just yet so Southside is out, she was still pretty puffed by the end of the runout last night and it was a reasonably cool night. Perhaps towards the end of winter she'll be right to cope through a day time trial.

And sorry no videos at this stage!

Did you end up going RubyStar? We had flooded streets and I nearly got totalled on the way home by dumb drivers going too fast for the conditions!!!! Glad I had the brakes done as I had a P Plater cut right in front of me...grrr. I didn't get home until 6.30 and then we had no power so we went out for dinner and a movie!!!
I'm thinking training at the K9 is off for me tonight! The storm has just hit and I'm stuck at work! Hail stones the size of golf balls are coming down :( Not sure when I should risk going, will it get better or worse ;) Once I finally make it home :laugh: I may do some steady feet training inside :laugh:

Nope no training for me last night, not even at home. I ducked out of work at 4.30 when there was a break in the storm in the city. Made it onto the train when it hit BIG TIME. Thunder and lightening surrounding us on the train, rain blowing in when the doors opened. The train terminated one stop before mine due to the severity of the weather so I had to find my way home from there! Waded through knee deep water to find a bus, and that bus took about an hour to get where I wanted to go due to traffic lights being out and flooded roads. It was a river-bus :) So much water on the bus! Finally get home, no power, and still have no power this morning :( Thank goodness my dogs were at mum and dad's and got to be inside during the storm!!!!

Can't believe you still went out in it last night Deb :eek: I went to bed at 9.30 due to nothing to do!

Amy, hope your dogs were ok?!

I am too sick to do anything much with Daisy so last night I sat on the floor and held her dumbell out and got her to take it from my hand :laugh: Upside is that she's developing a nice firm hold :laugh:

Edited by huski

Yep mine were okay, but only because of luck!

Cross posted:

OH had gone home early and put the dogs inside, they are usually outside and their crates are under our alfresco area, he said the hail stones were coming in horizontally under the alfresco (about 5 metres of cover) and bouncing off the glass sliding door, the poor dogs would've been battered if they were there! :laugh:

But wow am I glad I don't have an apartment near Kings Park at the moment! Those poor people with mud gushing in the windows!

Hopefully agility training will be on tonight anyway although I'd say the bottom oval will be pretty slippery!

If it's under with water like it usually is I'm not sure if they would still hold it? We're meant to get another storm I think so I'm not entirely sure I will be taking Millie to agility tonight, probably too risky with how slippery it will be. As much as I do wanna go!! :laugh:

Hang on, you had the day off to clean up your storm damaged house but still did some training sessions? :) That's dedication :cheer:

Hope your house and everything will be okay!

I reckon :thumbsup: That's why her dogs are so good me thinks :whee:

Hang on, you had the day off to clean up your storm damaged house but still did some training sessions? :cry: That's dedication :(

Hope your house and everything will be okay!

Priorities - I went to Maccas for Breakfast, came home and trained the kids and then cleaned up :mad

Not training related, but doggy related! I think I lost my dremel I bought for the dogs nails in the storm :mad It was sitting on the floor plugged in under a window, and a bit of water came in. I found it this morning sitting in a wet patch which I am sure was wetter yesterday. Bugger!! I can claim that on house contents insurance can't I? :( Not sure if I should test it out, I might zap myself :cry:

After hearing mixed results with both 2 by 2 and channel weaves and doing a bit of research I have come across the '3-4-5 Weave Pole Training' system by Eric Brad and decided to gove it a go.

PDF of Method Here

It is similar to 2 by 2 as it starts with two poles but then you add one, then two then 3 ect. It is a clicker method and just makes logical sense to me (Plus I don't have to pay lots of money for it :cry: )

Edited by valleyCBR