Rip My Charming Girl!

badboyz

I am just devastated to tell you that I have had to put my darling Charm to sleep yesterday evening. She was injured in a freak accident when a gum tree fell this afternoon. We had horrible gusty wind here all afternoon. I fear the wind here more than anything else, because of the trees. With all the rain that we have had the ground must have been very soft as the tree fell roots and all. It caught in another tree for a bit, giving her time to rush down to see what the noise was. It must have come straight down on her spine and rear. She was unable to walk and had a lot of damage and tearing to her rectum area. At first I thought she was trapped under it, but she wiggled out I guess with her front legs. We managed to load her onto a dog bed and transported her on that to the vet. I don’t think she was in too much pain due to the paralysis. I hope not anyway.

At least she went at the hands of my lovely caring vet, and my OH and I were able to hold her and say goodbye, while she was put to sleep. I mean that literally as my vet could not find a vein under all that tough shar pei skin, and there was little blood pressure, indicating a lot of internal bleeding, so she was gassed first and then given the injection under the tongue.

She was my heart dog and I will miss her always. Silly lazy old thing rarely ventured away from the house. Why on earth she had to be in that place at that time I have no idea. My heart is breaking.

The fence is now also damaged and with my other girl in season, and too young to breed yet, I will have to juggle her and my boy in the front yard until we can repair it.

Charm lived up to her name completely. Her wonderful calm, her dignity, her goofiness, everything about her are reasons I fell in love with this breed. She loved everyone and would greet everyone with her beautiful big brown eyes, wiggly butt, and snorts of pleasure. Just to look at her sweet face never failed to melt my heart. She was a wonderful mother to all the other animals, including the 4 litters she whelped with ease. She would happily take on the nanny roll when her daughter and granddaughter had pups as well. She was the quiet and undisputed queen of the place and will be truly missed.

RIP my special and most loved girl, taken way too soon (7years).

CopyofIMG_2517Charm.jpg

P1030738.jpg

Edited by badboyz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:):rofl: So very, very sad for you bb, what a shocking and tragic way to lose your beautiful girl.

cry it out bb, and a gentle hug from us.

Thank you for sharing those lovely photos, so obviously a loved girl.

fifi, danny & hounds xxxx