Poll: Have You Ever Used The Report Button

sandgrubber

Use of Report button on DOL  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you used the Report button?

• Never
    • Once
    • Two or three times
    • More than three times
    • Quite often

The discussion of forum moderation leaves me curious to know if people use the Report button. Probably better not to replay the circumstances under which you used it . . . no need to reopen old wounds.

Edited by sandgrubber

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....for what I considered to be personal, rather nasty attacks.....rather than constructive criticism.

For those that are unaware...you can also block other forum members, so they can't PM you, or you can block so you don't see their posts....if they annoy you that much. :rofl:

never i recon... if you want to get into a slanging match or a discussion take it on the chin...

i read every thing with positive tone anyhow.

some times i think hell how can you judge anothers decision if you are not there nor walking in there shoes. 2 lines typed here may not give all the facts!

Oh yeah. Some thing need to be instantly erased from this place. It is public and google goes here. I have even reported my own posts. :rofl:

Troy does a great job of balancing this forum. Basically it educates and encourages ethical behaviour. Well done Troy.

... if you want to get into a slanging match or a discussion take it on the chin...

I agree. It feels like dobbing. I think I may?? have used it if I felt someone else was being hard done by or really foul language but not for anything to do with me personally. I don't pull any punches so I feel people are entitled to do the same to me and I roll with them.

used it twice, the one most recently when someone in a show thread started to refer to everyone who lived in the country as cotton pickin yokels. That really got my goat up :)

Nope not yet, but I am sure there will be a first time one day!

Usually I just walk away from the post.

The main person that annoyed me doesn't come on here now, even then I didn't have a need to report any posts - just made for lively discussion.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Yup, used it heaps and will continue to use it. I report signatures that breach the rules, advertising, other rule breaches and any post directed at me that I feel is against the rules. I see posts about others that I would report if it was about me, but I don't report them as I feel it's up to the people involved to do so.

I don't see how anyone can whinge that posters here are nasty while not informing Troy so that something could actually be done about it.

I've reported one post in 5 1/2 years. An individual (later banned) posted about a game he used to play as a child that involved animal cruelty. The game was graphically described and the poster clearly found it amusing whereas I found it sickening and offensive.

I haven't had many personal attacks, but when I have I've dealt with it myself, I'm an adult and choose to post on this forum so running to Troy simply because someone's had a go at me and said something 'nasty' seems ridiculous to me. What on earth do these sensitive souls do if someone upsets or annoys them in the real world, tell their partner, mother, friend and expect them to deal with it? I think not.

However I'm not a 'touchy-feely' type of person and for me dogs come first, if I think someone isn't doing the right thing by their dog I'll let them know about it and if that offends the delicate sensibilities of the owner so be it.

I haven't had many personal attacks, but when I have I've dealt with it myself, I'm an adult and choose to post on this forum so running to Troy simply because someone's had a go at me and said something 'nasty' seems ridiculous to me. What on earth do these sensitive souls do if someone upsets or annoys them in the real world, tell their partner, mother, friend and expect them to deal with it? I think not.

In real life I'd respond in a way that would have me warned/banned on DOL. Different game, different rules, different behaviour.

ETA: Plus in real life you generally only have contact with people you get on with - you aren't stuck in the same space constantly with people who dislike you or you dislike.

Edited by molasseslass

In real life I'd respond in a way that would have me warned/banned on DOL. Different game, different rules, different behaviour.

In real life I tend to respond the same way as I would on DOL, I speak my mind, but try to keep it reasonably polite. However if I know I'm right I'm one of those people who won't back down no matter what so I definitely would be banned if I really got stuck in on DOL :) So yes you're right it is different.

In real life I tend to respond the same way as I would on DOL, I speak my mind, but try to keep it reasonably polite. However if I know I'm right I'm one of those people who won't back down no matter what so I definitely would be banned if I really got stuck in on DOL :) So yes you're right it is different.

these two posts remind me of DOL version one. The good old days. :cheer: