What Don't Most People Know About Your Breed?

RallyValley

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowchen burp, a lot.

If you ask them a question, 8/10 times the answer is a burp.

:rofl:

Years ago people regularly asked me what sort of crosses my rubies were but most people now realise they are Cavaliers too. Some people do think all Cavaliers are couch potatoes.

For everyone out there, what is something most people don't know about your breed?

I would love to get some new tibits of information and I love haring about breeds from the people who live with them. :rofl:

That despite their short stumpy legs, top heavy body and big ears - Bassets are as quick as lightening on their feet.

Poodles shed. OK, not all over your clothes or the furniture but they do shed into their coats. If you don't brush them regularly you end up with a felted dog. They do have legs so don't need to be carried or on laps all the time and they are very athletic when you get them fit.

Whippets are trainable. They aren't particularly fragile and their heads should be licensed as weapons. :rofl:

They're not 'long haired GSDs' :rofl:

LOL - I have had people ask me if i've shaved Sophie! Because she's not fluffy enough to be a German Sheperd? Or asked me what she's crossed with to not be blacker. Sigh. SHES A PEDIGREE GERMAN SHEPERD! And no, Chase's blue eye does not make him a Husky. Lol.

They're not 'long haired GSDs' :rofl:

LOL - I have had people ask me if i've shaved Sophie! Because she's not fluffy enough to be a German Sheperd? Or asked me what she's crossed with to not be blacker. Sigh. SHES A PEDIGREE GERMAN SHEPERD! And no, Chase's blue eye does not make him a Husky. Lol.

WTF!? :cheer:

Samoyeds are not just sled dogs (and no, its not a white husky, nor a small malamute and the breeds have nothing to do with one another). More often then not they were used for herding reindeer.

They were also used for guarding, hunting and heaters.

That Irish Wolfhounds are larcenous dogs. The only safe place for things is on top of the fridge. Oh, and the average male can hide half a kilo of bacon in their mouth with no bits sticking out and no telltale bulge.