What Don't Most People Know About Your Breed?

RallyValley

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalmatians smile - not all, but many do. A dally smile is not a snarl of a sign of aggression, they do it when happy or sometimes when caught being naughty... look for the madly wagging tail :laugh:

SMILING_Dalmatian.jpg

Forge doesn't really smile but I can induce one if I wipe under his eye in a certain way

Lots!

First off most people don't know what either of my dogs are :laugh:

I have an Aussie, I've been asked why we docked her tail and am constantly telling people, including vets, she was born that way. People usually guess that she's a BC x Husky and I've had to argue with a few people about the fact she is not a Koolie, she is an Aussie. Understandable though as they really aren't all that common. People always comment on her markings (she is red merle) and want to know what breed she is.

Our other boy is an Anatolian x Maremma and people don't even know what he is, just that he's huge :rofl: We tell them about the breeds background and what he's like and by the time they've finished meeting him they're in love :rofl:

That they are born with no tails, not docked!! :mad

.......and that Aussies are the BEST!!! :laugh: .......and that you can get all tail lengths in the one litter........and that Aussies are the BEST! :rofl: ........and that they act like cockroaches when caught on the bed uninvited. :rofl:

post-27419-1272429748_thumb.jpg

That they are born with no tails, not docked!! :mad

.......and that Aussies are the BEST!!! :laugh: .......and that you can get all tail lengths in the one litter........and that Aussies are the BEST! :rofl: ........and that they act like cockroaches when caught on the bed uninvited. :rofl:

Labs also do the dead cockroach.....

Photo0092.jpg

Finnish Lapphunds - Most people don't know.... that they exist.

Keeshonds - Most people don't know that there's really not much dog under all that coat! They're tiny! And NO - he's NOT going to sink when his hair gets wet while swimming!

The worst one I had was that my Rottie was a child killer. My sister said that to me about 12 months ago before I even got her, and among a few other things, that is the reason we do not speak anymore.

Apparently all Rotties are vicious child killers and he partner was once walking a dog who stuck it's head under the fence where a rottie lived and he pulled the lead back out to find a dog with no head.

Did I mention my Rottie loves all the kids in my street and regurlarly comes out to play with them all, and the little 3 year old boy next door is constantly rolling around in my driveway with her!!!

I would love for all people with this misconception to come and watch her with the boy next door.

My friends have Rotti's and you couldn't ask for sweeter dogs in fact the big boy would climb into your lap given the chance. I think BYBers have alot to do with this misconception, as well as some unsuitable owners and alot of bad press.

Finnish Lapphunds - Most people don't know.... that they exist.

Keeshonds - Most people don't know that there's really not much dog under all that coat! They're tiny! And NO - he's NOT going to sink when his hair gets wet while swimming!

I'm at the point where I cringe every time I answer the "what type of dog is that" question because there's a really predictable conversation that follows - I'm sure you know all about it by now Nik! I don't mind though it's kind of fun to educate people.

That they are born with no tails, not docked!! :laugh:

Labs also do the dead cockroach.....

Photo0092.jpg

....and smile for the camera. :mad

So can staffies. In fact an SBT can pull a big esky with no wheels, full of beer and ice across a grass oval. Handy when you're packing up. Not so handy when you're trying to kick a footy without help from the dog.

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: It is amazing how bloody much they can move! Kaos can move the clam shell pool full of water all around the yard, i cant move it if it is only half full!

Pugs are actually people!!!!! Just ask them!

And they didn't run into parked cars ect...

And yes pugs can be black too..... and actually black is dominant over fawn in pugs. and two fawn pugs cannot have black puppies in their litter (no matter how many blacks are behind them.

For my GR

No it is not the 'toilet paper puppy' that would be a lab, which means it is not a labrador, nor is it the curly coated variety

No it is NOT a labradoodle

You forgot these ones....

NO she's not a Labrador. NO she's not a "long haired Golden Retriever" NO she's not a "long haired Labrador" either and NO she's not a Lab x Golden cross.

Yes Labs and Goldens are similar in shape and size, and colour to an extent, but surely they're common enough to know the difference?!

Ooo, and the best one "My friend has a chocolate golden retriever" (or replace chocolate with black). Uh huh.

That Irish Wolfhounds are larcenous dogs. The only safe place for things is on top of the fridge. Oh, and the average male can hide half a kilo of bacon in their mouth with no bits sticking out and no telltale bulge.

Must be an Irish thing. Irish dogs, they're thieves.

Wheatens: yes, they can see with all that hair over their eyes.

Kerries: yes, they can see with all that hair over their eyes.