Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

:) ooh yeah. Dont be shy Jed :eek:

Jed, if you are not up to it perhaps someone could do a Jed Register on your behalf?

I'm not shy. Talk to me :thumbsup:

great, would you like to post a list, perhaps in the fundraising area? The longer the better I think. From Scissors to staplers, sticky tape to irons, plastics to hair dryers, toasters to jerry cans. If people dont want to leave their name perhaps mark it with an x? DVD player, Stereo, choppping boards. There are some excellent mid year sales on atm!!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep the sorts of things I was thinking as well as dog collars, bed, blankets, crates (sizes) any little thing that Jed will need. Clothes - I know you can;t store them now, but when you can we will be onto it.

Just had a chat with someone close to Jed and she has suggested we hold off for now as there is no where to put any of this stuff. Unless someone can donate free storage space???

The biggest concern is paying the bills mortgage etc. I didnt want to throw the fundraising out of whack and that can sometimes happen when personal items are requested over monetary donations. I saw this happen a lot down here with the bushfire recovery. Glad everyone is excited about the wish list though. I'm sure it will be required in the near future.

Jed just a thought on the centrelink fun - while you may not qualify for disability pension, what you can do is ask your doctor to fill out a form saying you are not capable of looking for work on the relevant grounds. This will last for six weeks once you file it with centrelink, then you need to get another - not entirely helpful but it means you don't have to look for work or be filling in forms every week.

So glad you get to see the pups :rofl: :rofl:

Jed just a thought on the centrelink fun - while you may not qualify for disability pension, what you can do is ask your doctor to fill out a form saying you are not capable of looking for work on the relevant grounds. This will last for six weeks once you file it with centrelink, then you need to get another - not entirely helpful but it means you don't have to look for work or be filling in forms every week.

So glad you get to see the pups :love::)

If you can get a psychiatrist to say you are unfit for work due to depression/ PTSD from the fire etc, it will last 3 months and can be renewed with another form from psychiatrist in 3 months time.

Thanks Hesapandabear, let me give a little thought to t hat one. PM space has now been increased

The girls make the long trip down to see me with 4 of my dogs. It was so good too see them, I had a cinder in my eye. The older ones were pleased to see me, especially my cav girl. The boy was busy trying to make pups, little sex fiend - h wouldn't have been doing that for long if Magnus saw him.

They are all abit stressed and rootless without a leader. The baby boxer has some healing burns on her side, quite b ad, although they will be ok. Probably from when I pulled her out of the puppy pen or perhaps I bumped her against the hot wall during my rush outside with the 3 of them. She didn't know me at all. I hope we can redress that when she comes home.

I know they are being so well cared for, but gee, I miss them. I talk to the 3 dogs here and play with them - 2 were sitting on me in bed this morning! I'd like to bring a couple home, but I'll be moving on, and they will have to go back and that might be harder and more unsettling on me (and them) than leaving them there

The two oldies are a stressed and unhappy, When I am well enough to go up there, we can see what is best to do. At that age, they don't take change well, and bringing them here could be harder for them. They need to go b ack to familiar surroundings, which is out of the question

Thank dog for Lesley and Marg, the most wonderful friends anyone could hope for, and some of the few people I would be happy to leave my dogs with.

Thanks to the wonderful breeders of a couple o my dogs, who intended flying up, taking th dogs they bred home until I was well enough to care for them again. The mark of a top ethical breeder, I think, but I always knew they were. Accolades to you both.

And to the wonderful ladies who are giving the dogs such wonderful care.

the level of care and compassion you are all demonstrating makes me feel very hunble, and so fortunate to know such wonderful people.

Thanks to dogbesotted. I think I am temporarilty your neighbour :party:

Hi Jed,

Glad your dog snuggles went well.

I am sure it will not take long at all for your baby boxer to get to know you once you are all together again.

I am sorry your older ones are stressing it can't be easy on them, but I am sure they will be happier for seeing you.

Hope your injuries are healing well Jed because the sooner they heal, the sooner you can reunite your family.

We still think of you every day and the Whippies send lots of hugs to you all.