Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning everyone. Just lit my candle and am sending all good thoughts Jed's way. :)

Here's some scones with jam & cream for morning tea

Edited by Wilbur

OK, today Jed is still ventilated in ICU and is likely to be so a few more days. She appears to be recovering from her setback.

She IS able to communicate of a sort to her daughter, and one of the first things she has got across was that she was worried about ME and she wanted Caitlin to make sure I knew what was going on!!!

I am gobsmacked at this amazing lady to think of others at this time :D

Please don't ask me questions as I don't believe it is my place to answer them. If Jed wants to tell you about her experience, she will do so when she is ready.

We know how much she values her privacy so can I ask that we all try to respect that. There is still a long road ahead, but things are looking up at this stage.

Thank you Toohey for your respectful updates :)

Jed :(:):cheer: you just keep on healing!

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Great to hear Jed is over her setback. See all those DOLer vibes must be working.

I am not staying today - bit too unwell, just poppped in before slowly trying to get the house organised.

Still think of you every day Jed.

Good morning, Jed. Hope you are warm and as comfy as possible. Looking so forward to the day we see you waddle down the corridors to see us all in the waiting room.

*trots down the hall in THIS direction.*

Oooh, big help. Although I do have the site in my fav'rits, this makes it easy. :)

I am not staying today - bit too unwell, just poppped in before slowly trying to get the house organised.

:) We have plenty of warmth and love to extend to you RnL. Keep warm and rest up.

Go Jed - keep fighting, but no rush, take your time to gather your physical and mental strength. You can do it, and we're all here with you.

Candle re-lit, helped myself to some lunch from all the yummy things in the waiting room :) now off to do some work *sigh*.

Oh I meant to say as well, Tyra I love the Creation Verse about the DOG! Brought a little tear to my eye.

ETA it was Tyra who posted the Creation verse.

Edited by Saxonpup

good morning Jed. Good morning DOLers. It's good to see you all back in the waiting room.

I hope you're a little better today Jed, I'll just sit here and wait for news. Did someone say they have croissants? Yummy!

eta, candle relit.

Edited by White Shepherd mom

Just dropping in with a story that I read. It seemed relevant and I hope it inspires all those who are supporting Jed at the moment, those who are supporting her directly as well as those supporting from distance.

Two Horses

Author Unknown

Just up the road from my home is a field, with two horses in it. From a distance, each horse looks like any other horse.

But if you get a closer look you will notice something quite interesting...

One of the horses is blind.

His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made him a safe and comfortable barn to live in.

This alone is pretty amazing.

But if you stand nearby and listen, you will hear the sound of a bell. It is coming from a smaller horse in the field.

Attached to the horse's halter is a small, copper-colored bell. It lets the blind friend know where the other horse is, so he can follow.

As you stand and watch these two friends you'll see that the horse with the bell is always checking on the blind horse, and that the blind horse will listen for the bell and then slowly walk to where the other horse is, trusting he will not be led astray.

When the horse with the bell returns to the shelter of the barn each evening, he will stop occasionally to look back, making sure that the blind friend isn't too far behind to hear the bell.

Like the owners of these two horses, God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect. Or because we have problems or challenges.

He watches over us and even brings others into our lives to help us when we are in need.

Sometimes we are the blind horse, being guided by the little ringing bell of those who God places in our lives.

And at other times we are the guide horse, helping others to find their way.

Just dropping in with a story that I read. It seemed relevant and I hope it inspires all those who are supporting Jed at the moment, those who are supporting her directly as well as those supporting from distance.

Thanks for the lump in my throat, blacklab. That was beautiful.

130 candles now.

Just dropping in to check for more updates (as I do daily) and have lunch. Anyone want a SWF lap warmer? She's pretty well behaved.

Leaves some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

Touched by this.

Jane be strong - you are so many of our thoughts and hearts :rofl:

Some lovely verses and poems today which have brought a tear or so. Thankfully, I have a bad cold and my eyes are puffy & watery (so my colleagues probably may not have noticed)

I'll drop off some Krispy Creme donuts on the way home this arvo :rofl: . Can't stay in case I spread germs, but will be thinking of Jed and all in the waiting room

Edited by Wilbur