Is Your Dog A Siren Howler?

gillybob

Mine don't but it seems that many of the neighbourhood dogs do. I quite like it, it happens fairly often but they stop once they can't hear the siren anymore.

Madeline will howl along with ambos but nothing else.

Griffen sometimes howls with her but it takes a little longer before he starts.

I find it interesting how different they are, Maddy's howl is high and kind of happy. Griffen sounds like he's having trouble getting his howl going but when he does it sounds so sad.

Sort of off topic and sort of not, was at a show the other day and towards the end of the national anthem two basenjis were howling away they we fairly in tune.... A heap of bassets also went off howling at the anzac day show when they played the horns!

Mine howl at the local CFA siren. Which is sort of lucky as I can't really hear it and might need to one day!! It always cracks me up. They run and sit in the middle of the lawn and away they go. I like the shape their muzzles go when they howl. Very cute!!

thankfully no! We get a lot of sirens being this close to a hospital. Atticus had a few howl-y moments when he first came home and was not allowed to sleep on the bed, the description "dying baby walrus" just about covers the sound :thumbsup:

EFS

Edited by Kissindra

For years it was just our neighbours Dobe who howled at sirens.

Then she passed and it was quiet here for a bit. Then our young Amstaff boy started. He is trying to teach the Keeshonds & Lhasa's but they just dont have the right stuff - they have this funny little yip yip yip thing going.

So it goes like this "Yip yip yip, HOWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, siren". And we are on a main road, and even at 3am when there are no cars on the roads, the local siren users think its good fun to tear down the main drag with the sirens blarring. Who they are trying to move I have no idea. So we might have howling here 4 to 5 times every day. Fun!

We don't get sirens here but the Schipps will howl if the phone rings for too long or if a truck goes up the road (we are on a dirt no through road so not much traffic at all) and gun shots get them started, it's duck season so lots of that at the moment :thumbsup: