How Close Are You To Your Breeder?

poodlemum

QUOTE (Bonnie Parker @ 2nd Jun 2010 - 07:19 PM) *

I have three aussies from three breeders. smile.gif

QUOTE Three??

Yes. Millie is my first, Then came Cooper, and most recently Jack.

Cooper no longer lives with me; but instead afew streets away with my mum.

So I only have the two aussies now, although I have purchased through three breeders.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I talk quite regulary with my breeder about my dogs her dogs etc. I wouldn't say we are best friends, but close enough to say hi every other day. I've met her a few times now and we get along quite well!

Well we have only had Gilbert for a few months but we keep in touch with his breeder every few weeks. We exchange photos and stories as she kept a Jack puppy bitch from the litter too. She is so lovely- always reminding us we have an open invitation for lunch etc which is so nice. To be honest i never imagined keeping in touch long term with a breeder but i am certain we will with Gilbert's breeder.

She was just sent this photo tonight!

post-5342-1275484024_thumb.jpg

My boys breeder we don't really keep in contact much... we say hi every now and then and sometimes she comes to perth so I get to bring one of my boys down to see her.

Ari's breeder is awesome and we keep in touch regularly... we chat most days over email or on facebook and we catch up if she comes to perth for work. i am sure i probably drive her insane with all my questions sometimes, but she has been so supportive of everything since I got Ari.

As I live 1000km from all the breeders of my dogs and cats its not like we are mates who can meet up for coffee. However my golden's breeder has always been very supportive when i do contact her. My iggie's breeder is Shantiah from DOL, who although we have yet to meet is also very helpful/friendly/supportive. We keep in contact via email, or thru DOL threads etc. One of my cats breeders who lives in QLD I have regular email contact with, the other cat breeder lives in Vic and the only contact with her is when i send her pics of the cats from time to time.

Im sure if i lived somewhere that wasn't remote I would have more contact with my animals breeders. Because I choose to live way out in the stix, the ppl i have the most contact with are those involved in dog rescue.

I admit i find it a little.. odd .. that a breeder would be invited to a puppy buyers wedding or vice versa. I mean my best friends arent involved with dogs at all, and they are the ppl I would invite to such a personal event. I guess my life is kind of divided into work - and work colleagues, dogs - dog associates, and personal friends. I never associate with work colleagues outside of work even. I cant imagine my closest friends wanting to hang out with my doggy friends and listen to dog talk etc LOL.

We keep in touch via email and facebook, and if one of us was visiting near the other I reckon we'd drop in for a coffee or something, but we're not like besties or anything. She's lovely though.

All of our puppy buyers keep in touch with us and one has become a very good friend. We used to be good friends with one of the breeders we bought dogs from but not any more, are friends though with another breeder we bought from.

I'd like to think i am good friends with my puppies breeder i have stayed with her, we talk almost daily and we een send each other treats :) i love my pups breeder and she is a good mate :)

We would email at least once a week, usually more, but that is largely because it's a mentoring relationship. 90 per cent of what we talk about is dog related so it's not a BFF thing. I don't think the mentoring relationship would work as well if it was.

As to weddings etc, if aliens ran away with my brain and I decided to get married, I would invite her because she bred 3 of our family members. However she lives on the other side of the country so I wouldn't expect her to make it given the expense involved. I think it's important to remember that most established breeders have a number of puppy buyers to keep in touch with whereas the puppy buyer just has one or two breeders to keep in touch with,

im really good friends with my breeders!!

wen i showed an interest in showing they spoke with the owner of the other parent of my girl to make sure it was ok

before upgrading her to MR and have supported me all the way!!

they also helped me and OH to get into sledding and we camp with each other at the races and they give heaps of help and more support again!

they are absolutely fantastic girls and i duno wat i would have done without them!!

i will have lifetime support from them for my furries!! and they are great friends!!

its a shame that not everyone has had the same experience that i have (even if i wasnt good friends with them i would still have their support and help with my dogs)

I still have not got my Gordon puppy as alot of you would of read my posts late last year but I am still in contact with the breeder. I actually have one of her adults here at present to show and compaign. We get along really well I would call her a friend. She is a caring lady and I appreciate her alot

I still keep in touch with the breeders of my two girls Penny (11) and Kibah(10), in fact Pennys breeder just rang me this week. He's really nice and he loves to have a long chat about whippets and hunting and breeding and he's got a memory like an elephant and is very knowledgable, plus he's entertaining, swears like a warfie and speaks his mind.

I am good friends with 2 people who've bought puppies off me and I still keep in touch with the others even if it's only to send their "puppies" birthday wishes.

We got one of our dogs from a breeder but she seemed to lose interest in staying in touch. I don't think we would have had enough in common to become friends but I did try to stay in touch via email to give updates every now and then but the communication was pretty one way so I gave up.

I wish I was in contact with my breeder, but now I feel like if I was to ring, she'd wonder who the heck I was! She was very busy once I brought Heidi home (with shows and stuff I think), and weeks went by without contact. We had a great phone connection initially, and I wish I'd kept it up, but those weeks turned into months. I do have thoughts of sending her some pic's and a letter telling her how loved Heidi is, and what an impact she has had on our lives.