Alaskan Malamute ~ Needs Help

HollyE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no words to express how angry I am right now. Some people have absolutely no souls or hearts. This dog has given loyalty and love for 12 years and now they've just dumped him? GRRRR.

It frightens me that just any jo blo can get their hands on a dog, anyone. Including heartless souls who discard of their loyal dog of 11years just like this. Poor animals :thumbsup:

Exactly! It's so unfair :eek:

i can't believe how heartless some people are!!

this has motivated me to start seriously looking into buying a house with a bigger land... if i had the space (and i wasn't renting right now) and my 2 little one approve... i would take him in a heartbeat.

Poor guy, breaks my heart :thumbsup: . I just don't understand people sometimes! What I wouldn't have given for my Malamute to live long enough to reach 11, I would have cherished every day, and this lovely boy gets thrown away like an old shoe or something.

I have been lucky enough in my lifetime to own two beautiful dogs both who lived to 16 and 14.

The 14 yr old would have kept going I am sure if not for cancer that she fought bravely, and we nursed her through.

For me it was a privilege to look after my dogs in there old age. They gave us love joy and devotion for so many years it ws the least we could do.

I just cannot fathom how someone could abandon their faithful friend in this way.

If it were possible I would take him in a heartbeat.

I posted in other thread about how if I won Lotto I would like to own and run a pet friendly resort by the beach, but now I think if I won Lotto I would like to run a Old Age Home for dogs, where they were treated with the love and respect they deserve.

Edited by jess5

I once took in a Pug, that was surrendered to SCDH for the same reason (he was 8 years of age). Jazz as he was called then, and later became Nugget, was adopted by a fellow DOLer (Thrine) and he has since subsequently passed away. He got to live his last few years in luxury though. Some people think of dogs as commodities with a use by date sadly. :D

Its a pity we cant name and shame the owners so we could try and prevent them from buying another dog. I couldn't imagine giving up my dogs in there old age, some people do not have a heart.

My shih tzu who's no longer with us was left to rot in the pound when he was roughly the same age, it absolutely breaks my heart, and these people are getting another dog? only to dump that one aswell when it gets too old for their liking?! :D

Sickens and saddens me to the core when I hear of our Senior Canine Citizens being abandoned/dumped and it makes me extremely angry when they are being abandoned/dumped to make way for a younger dog. Callous, heartless owners who are just oxygen thieves and Karma will bite them on the bum one day :mad

I have adopted two senior labs, both of whom were 10 yrs old at the time and they each had different reasons for being available for adoption, one was a private rehoming and the other was abandoned in the pound :D

The oldest boy I have now had for 4 years and he turned 14 in March and the other one I have had for two years and he will be 12 at the end of this month. They are both doing extremely well and I love them dearly and they so easily slotted into my family, it was like they have lived their whole lives with me :D

I so hope this lovely elderstateman can find himself a loving forever home where he can live out his remaining time in comfort and surrounded with lots and lots of love and attention.

Aww, the poor thing. I really wish people would be treated the way they treat animals!!!! It's just not right :thumbsup:

I have posted the link on my Facebook page hoping someone may know someone that can help out. I just wish I could help him myself :thumbsup:

That almost made me cry. I just don't know how people can do that, after 11 years. You know what they say though, people are as horrible to their dogs as they are to other people. When we lost our last dog at 15 years old, we missed him so much for so long, how do you just get over someone who has been in your life for 10+ years? And yeah, the worst part is that there's just nothing to stop them doing it again.

I have words but if I posted them Troy would ban me :thumbsup:

SOme people should not be allowed to have any kind of pet!!!!!!

Edited because I am too cross to spell correctly

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

I only hope karma bites them on the bum when their kids discard them in the cheapest, coldest and nastiest excuse for a nursing home that can be found.

poor old fella.

fifi

A friend of a friend knows some Malamute breeders and one of them is going to have a look at him tomorrow! Oh I hope this is the start of a happy ending! Please keep your fingers crossed for this beautiful boy :cool: