Paige Finally Recognises Me

Hey,

I met up with my working dog of about 5 years Paige, yesterday. Paige's been retired for about 6mths now and is with a friend and colleague, and retired working dog Ned.

I gotta say I was a little surprised and put-out by her total lack of recognition for most of the visit. She just showed zero sign of knowing who I was. The initial reunion was barely a sniff, and then off to sniff my yard. She did get back around to sniffing me up and down, yet still nothing to suggest she knew who I was. We went down to the river to let them have a run and swim, all done with enthusiasm etc. but still nothing. Then finally I was asking her to drop the ball for another throw and something clicked. It was like: "oh it's you!" followed by jumping up all over me and a big happy tail wag :rofl:

I lent my friend my 400D and she caught this (my edit) :thumbsup:

4815126426_cfd871748c_z.jpg

a few of my shots from the visit :D

the 3 happy retirees ... that's Lotus in the air

4812652534_f9913f42f2_z.jpg

and now Paige

4812028481_486964f6a2_z.jpg

and Ned taking it gently

4812033897_778f70ee38_z.jpg

Lotus and Paige ... oops nope that's Paige infront :thumbsup:

4812657898_3a1b0c170a_z.jpg

Lotus :D

4812037997_2d93f4d607_z.jpg

I always overdo the number of photos, sorry :thumbsup:

You can never over do the number of photos, the more the merrier I say :thumbsup:

Great shots, I wonder what eventually made her recognize it was you, maybe in the way you asked her to do something jogged her memory?

Your doggies look like they have a wonderful life!

Edited by tlc

yeh, very happy, I was expecting more after almost 5 years ... she did have a one track mind at work ... work work work ... maybe that or being out of her environment? I visited her place today, and she recognised me straight away, but with a little less enthusiasm :rofl: It was good just to see her in her home and get lots of cuddles, she's really quite sweet ;)

and yes, very impressed my friend caught it on camera :dancingelephant:

kirislin: they were Quarantine Detector Dogs. Ned is probably about 10 years old now. Paige is 8 years old and Lotus was retired early and is about to turn 6 :rofl:

:laugh: @ 2nd career as dock divers. I reckon Lotus would love that! :laugh:

Guest Clover

Something in my eye when i saw the first shot as well :dancingelephant:. Sam you can never post too many photos :laugh:.