Childhood Dream Dog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up with Dobermanns as our family pets and they have always been my dream dogs. Funnily enough as an adult no longer living at home I have recently just purchased only my 2nd Dobe. I have had lot's of other breeds before, during and probably after but Dobes will always be my dream dogs.

My grandfather would talk about the ISDS sheepdogs he had when he was young in England and I always remembered his stories.

It took me many years but I finally got one and he is the best dog I have ever owned.

Edited by Janba

Mine would have been a dalmatian when I was growing up.

Apparently when I was a very young child I had a toy dalmatian thatb was my favourite toy. When I was an adult I bought myself a dalmatian and my mother reminded me of the toy -Dooby. I have now owned dalmatians for over 25 years.

LASSIE! as a young child we had a rough collie that walked me halfway to school every morning. He always made me stop at the railway line and he chose if I was allowed to go across or not. He was my families 1st rescue dog he used to be a performing dog but broke his leg and was going to be PTS but dad rescued him. Maybe thats why my entire family has rescue dogs :eek:

I always wanted a dalmation - I guess because of 101 dalmations

However, my real dream dog when I was a child was an Irish setter, I really really really LOVED the book "big red" and I just couldn't wait to have an irish setter one day.

When I was at highschool my dream dog changed to a rottweiler to the point where I got loads of books about them, made other people buy me books and I read about them all the time.

Now, none of those breeds are on my "to own" list LOL

Edited by lanabanana

I wanted The Littlest Hobo dog :eek: not sure what he was - GSDx maybe :eek:

And Benji (also probably a mutt :eek: )

I always thought Benji was a border terrier for some reason????

*goes to google*

Nope, definitely a mutt

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Kind-of-Dog...&id=2021550

And I just rememberd another breed I always wanted. I sqaw turner and hooch when I was however old, many years ago, And ever since then I have wanted a dogue. However, at the time I didnt realise it was an actual breed and just thought it was some big mutt they had found in a pound. I only found out it was an actual breed about 5 or so years ago and I was soooo excited when I found out I would actually be able to own that dog one day LOL

My childhood dream Dog was always the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. When I was born, Mum and Dad had owned Benny a Black and Tan for around 5 years. This was 1975. Mum would put my big Silver Cross (bouncy old fashioned pram) out in the sun (we lived in the UK) and I would snooze. Benny would sleep in the basket under the pram and if I cried would run into the house and bark at Mum to let her know I was awake. I used to crawl into his basket with him, would pull his ears and learnt to crawl pulling myself along behind him. If he had enough, he would squeeze through the bars of the kiddy gate and go sleep on the stairs to get away. :eek:

Sadly he died when I was 13 months old. We had different Dogs growing up but Mum always wanted another CKCS. We got another Black and Tan (Sammy) when I was in my late teens. He made Mum very happy - she died from Cancer in 98 and he passed on from Mitral Valve Disease in 2001. He was around 6.

I lived in the UK for 7 years and always wanted another CKCS, we finally moved back to Australia, bought our own house and found a breeder we liked. We now have 2 blenheims ' D'Artagnan (19 months) and Porthos (7 months). They are my dream dogs and I love them to pieces!!!!

Susan