Are Bananas Safe For Dogs?

vnv

The dogs loves them and once when staying at my parents there was a fruit on a tree that was shaped like a banana - seems she took the fruit from the tree took it out to the yard then bit into it and realised it wasnt a banana (and whatever it was was found later).

Penny, Mac and Daisy love them...there was a bunch on the tree we were keeping an eye on so we could cut it off when it was ripe as they taste HEAPS better if ripened on the tree...well checking on them sort-of slipped our minds, we had gone out for the day and at least 9 ripe ones had fallen on the ground, all we found was the skins

But to top it off Penny (I know it was her!) had pulled the lid off the bucket of canary see that we feed to the little wild double-bars that visit here and the dogs had eaten a fair bit of the seed as well. I was picking yellow-seed-encrusted poo off the grass for two days...it looked like strange museli bars :thumbsup:

Anyway, they can eat heaps of bananas without any problems, though my lot prefer ripe Ladyfingers over ripe Cavendish