Urgent Boy Dog Question

mrs tornsocks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My girl Pepper is also a humper :champagne: Not often, but every now and then I'll hear a racket from the loungeroom and discover she's hauled all the cushions/blankets out of the bed and gathered them into a ..... er..... hump object.

But yes, nothing to get stuck which is a blessing. Tango does nothing of the sort.

Sorry,I just cannot imagine having a dog who did this - having owned/trained many dogs, and never had one who humped anything .... it is just a foreign concept to me !

Me too :champagne: I have owned several entire males and females and have never had a dog hump anything except when allowed to do a mating. Maybe it is a breed thing because I have never had heard of anyone with this problem in Border Collies.

Charlie has a couple of special friend toys that he humps when the need arises. On occasion he stands uncomfortably for a couple of minutes or so afterwards until he can sit down and sort himself out. I talked to the vet about it who said not to worry but it did have me really concerned the first time I noticed it. I haven't had to intervene on any occasion thankfully. :champagne:

Sorry,I just cannot imagine having a dog who did this - having owned/trained many dogs, and never had one who humped anything .... it is just a foreign concept to me !

Me too :champagne: I have owned several entire males and females and have never had a dog hump anything except when allowed to do a mating. Maybe it is a breed thing because I have never had heard of anyone with this problem in Border Collies.

I am the same - none of my male dogs has humped things - entire and used or desexed males. Maybe it is a working dog thing but I really feel it is how you manage your males.

Mine never hump either, have had a couple of different breeds as well, some quite dominant breeds and it isn't a problem.

I have seen male dogs who have had a problem with their penis getting stuck out. As pers said if they are stimulated it will enlarge because that is what happens, over 5 or so minutes in absence of the object of their desire it will all go back no worries. If not then sugar water is a good one, or lubricant of some sort to help ease the skin gently back over and put it away.

Rarely a dog has a smaller opening to the prepuce than they should and this causes a problem because the blood that collects in the penis when stimulated cannot get out and back to where it should be to enable the penis to go down. If this is a problem then they require the prepuce opening to be enlarge very slightly, a few sutures, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Riddick has only ever humped one thing. A big tan dog toy, when he was younger, and it wasn't so much a humping of the toy, as a air humping in excitement at the super squeaky toy. I laughed and poked him in the side. He looked very suprised, so I wonder if he actually realised he was doing it.

His bits occasionally hang out when he gets excited. Mum will say "Put your lipstick away riddick!" :laugh:

Mason used to hump his soft toys ( well air hump really when he was playing with them) he has not done it in ages though..... but now at parks etc he will try him male dogs that are younger than him - I cant stand it and tell him off every time!

Just forget about it, no harm done.

Except to your eyes!!! :cry:

And sorry, desexed boys can do this too

And do the full tie!!

If a dog's penis can't go back, don't wait too long until you get help, though, because it can be very painful.

Yes, that's what we were worried about that if it stayed out we'd be in further trouble.

There's no other way to put this, but I was :rofl: at the actual size of it when it was out. It was seriously about 10cm long, is that normal for an 18 month old ????

Except to your eyes!!! :laugh:

And do the full tie!!

If a dog's penis can't go back, don't wait too long until you get help, though, because it can be very painful.

Yes, that's what we were worried about that if it stayed out we'd be in further trouble.

There's no other way to put this, but I was :laugh: at the actual size of it when it was out. It was seriously about 10cm long, is that normal for an 18 month old ????

Ummmmm........................Yep :D

Except to your eyes!!! :D

And do the full tie!!

There's no other way to put this, but I was ;) at the actual size of it when it was out. It was seriously about 10cm long, is that normal for an 18 month old ????

LMAO!!! :laugh:

And yeah we have a 13 nearly 14yr old min foxie girl and as a younger girl she would hump the bajesus out of any of our soft toys we left laying around she even used to get up onto the top bunk to get her fav humping buddy and that happened to be my brother lil monkey haha you would walk into your room to find her panting and slobbering everywhere on her side from exhuastion but still humping!!! she would also kind of cock her leg when she wee'd trying to be like a boy! she hasnt dont it in yrs though its seemed to of slowed down and then stopped as she aged.

Also caught one of my girl dogs licking the boy dogs lipstick out in the yard when i was a teenager and it was hitting the ground :D both seemed to be enjoying themselves imensly until i had a shout out the door lol :laugh:

And my Fez has been a humper since the day i got him, he doesnt try to hump ppl anymore (its out of excitment) but when him and cindy are playing and she lies down and he jumps over her n starts rubbing around it just kind of starts happening, I just give a warming Fez and he looks stops and the motion stops, sometimes he will actually try to do it to her deliberatly but i dont allow it.

There's no other way to put this, but I was at the actual size of it when it was out. It was seriously about 10cm long, is that normal for an 18 month old ????

think of a bitch's anatomy... sperm needs to placed a fair way in to have a chance at fertilisation....

I guess, but I just thought it was all relative - ie smaller female uterus, smaller male penis.

I hadn't seen this before until my desexed male. He is a small dog while I had big dogs before.

They have no shame! I was so concerned I had to ask my vet if he was normal. :thumbsup: He doesn't hump but sometimes in the evening he ( if not in bed) will lick until his penis is fully out. If I see him I sidetrack him but once it is done.....

Worst still is at times he goes up to the other dog and encourages her to help!

Recently I was away and having coffee at a outside cafe. People were commenting on how good they were. I had them tied up and in a sit nearby. Next my aunt asks what is he doing. Too late! I had to wait and then move him carefully out of sight for a while. Really changed the mood for me anyway.

Hope it never gets stuck!

Apparently you can just dip it into some sugar too and that helps :thumbsup:

Mosley doesn't really hump, neither does Lili but my old Chi x JRT had a little turtle toy that he would go to town on :)

ETA: Both desexed

and next time guests come for a cuppa .... do you take one or two sugars ?? :thumbsup: