Update - Lab Going To Retruing Soldier

Tapua

Ohhhh I hope it goes well. I am so pleased you will be possibly doing this for him.

My son leaves for Afghanistan on Tuesday but is only on a 6 week operation, not a 6 or 7 month tour of duty like he did in Iraq.

Please please keep us updated.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow guys, I too missed any earlier thread than this about this story but it's an AWESOME story.

Really hope they have a wonderful life together, sure as hell Andrew deserves it that's for sure!

OT but I would never have thought to rename a 9 month old pup.... how's that work! We stuck with the names of the ones we adopted at 4 months and 11 months!

Great story & best of luck to them. :confused:

OT but I would never have thought to rename a 9 month old pup.... how's that work! We stuck with the names of the ones we adopted at 4 months and 11 months!

I have renamed a 9 month old (Zazoo -> Zoom), a 5 month old (Angel -> Arella) and a 2+ year old ("unknown" -> Tommy). Never had any issues...

Sonia

Wow guys, I too missed any earlier thread than this about this story but it's an AWESOME story.

Really hope they have a wonderful life together, sure as hell Andrew deserves it that's for sure!

It works the same way as when you first name the dog.

Dog eventually learns, New name equals attention. They're smart bugger, they cotton on fast :confused:

Great story I hope Andrew and Sapper go on to have a great life.

Several months ago we had a dog surrendered to Hawkesbury Pound (west of Sydney) NSW by a young chap who was most upset. He had been posted overseas with the army on short notice to replace a soldier who didn't make it. His girlfriend decided to break it off with him and didn't want the dog and he had no family in NSW to take him. We made sure that dog got out and to a good home. It was on the Hawkesbury thread at the time.

Army, Navy or Air Force they and their families give up more than most of us realise.

...... Army, Navy or Air Force they and their families give up more than most of us realise.

Too true :rofl: We can only thank God that they choose to do what we for wahtever reason cannot.

On a brighter note 'The Boys' are hitting the beach at Coffs Harbour tonight - on the way to Brisbane.

Andrew has been in Afganistan for 8 months - he is a queit shy young man - whilst he knows about DOL but he is a bit shy - give him some time to settle. He will be joining QCCC and he may be seen in the obedience and gundog areas in time.

All my best wishes to andrew and sapper.

Army, Navy or Air Force they and their families give up more than most of us realise.

OT sorry, But this is soo true and it really peees me off when people say " you chose this life " or "you get paid to do it" i tell you what if i had of known then what i know now i would never agreed to hubby joining the navy and its a fact that 99% of them are paid under the civilian adverage for the same job

He will be joining QCCC and he may be seen in the obedience and gundog areas in time.

That is fantastic! I bet Andrew & Dimples (for the present) will make their mark in the obedience & gundog areas.

The pics are lovely. Those 2 'boys' look as if they were born to be together.

Thank you, Tapua, for updating us. And also for all your kindness to an awfully nice young man who's done a huge bit for his country.

Several months ago we had a dog surrendered to Hawkesbury Pound (west of Sydney) NSW by a young chap who was most upset. He had been posted overseas with the army on short notice to replace a soldier who didn't make it. His girlfriend decided to break it off with him and didn't want the dog and he had no family in NSW to take him. We made sure that dog got out and to a good home. It was on the Hawkesbury thread at the time.

I find it hard to believe that the military would not assist with kennelling serving members' pets if there was no one to help. How awful.

What a gorgeous end to such a wonderful story!! Sapper is such a military name but it really seems to suit Dimples! :rofl:

I really hope Andrew continues to update Taupa with Sapper's progress so she can update us all too. I'd love to see how Sapper turns out and I'm sure he'll have a wonderfully fulfilling life!

And I totally agree with Graysmum:

This is more true than we do realise. Most people do assume it was their choice to serve and sure, it is, however, they're serving our country to keep it free and so that the rest of us don't have to serve. I take my hat off and thank all our service men and women (both past and present) from the bottom of my heart.

I just wish that all communities could step up to help them out because they're so deserving of it!

[/OT-ness] :cheer:

Edited by Owned by Zeus-ling!