Echidna Blown Up In Firework Cruelty

Kirty

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8102586

Police on the NSW south coast are hunting thugs who used fireworks to blast an echidna to death.

Officers made the grim discovery when they went to a home in Woonona, a northern suburb of Wollongong, about 6pm (AEST) following reports of explosions.

In the backyard they found the dead mammal, fireworks, a lawn mower catcher and a fuel can.

"It appears the fireworks were attached to the animal with electrical tape and ignited," a police statement said.

"This is a very disturbing act and such cruelty towards animals will not be tolerated," Acting Inspector Shannon Spargo said on Saturday.

"Police will be doing all they can to track down those responsible and ensure they feel the full force of the law,"

More senseless animal cruelty :thumbsup: , i have noticed a huge increase in these type of acts especially during each school holidays, what does this say about our society and our future :(

Edited by steve11

More senseless animal cruelty :thumbsup: , i have noticed a huge increase in these type of acts especially during each school holidays, what does this say about our society and our future :(

It is only the reporting that has increased. The sanctioned cruelty to animals has always been mindblowing :thumbsup:. In our society, we consider ourselves civilised and therefore we have insisted on rules and regulations to try to prevent and educate.

However where money is involved, the sanctioned cruelty continues, note the live shipments of livestock and the thousands of innocent dogs and cats and other animals who are imprisoned in pounds every day of the year and then killed.

I can only repeat what I've said in other threads: weak people who want a sense of power will only pit themselves against the weak and defenceless.

Poor little mate :D

There is no increase, this is how it has always been. Media controls the mix of what they report on based on feedback from readers\listeners. The more interest people show in animal cruelty cases, the more of them they will report.

hope your right on that one.

come to think of it. no headlines last month.

"MANIAC MOTORIST BLOCKS TRAFFIC ON VICTORIA PASS to allow echidna safe passage across 4 lanes of highway."

was there.

n it did happen.... ummmm do u really need to know who decided they would rather risk have their car mashed than let little spiney one get hit?

ho well theres one new zealander who is till getting over seeing a real LIVE echidna jog across all that asphalt n make it in one piece

still cant believe anyone could find it in them to hurt these amazing little critters

Edited by asal

Officers made the grim discovery when they went to a home in Woonona, a northern suburb of Wollongong, about 6pm (AEST) following reports of explosions.

It it happened in a suburban back yard, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out where to start looking for the culprits.

Appalling behaviour - just appalling. :eek:

Poor little mate :(

There is no increase, this is how it has always been. Media controls the mix of what they report on based on feedback from readers\listeners. The more interest people show in animal cruelty cases, the more of them they will report.

hope your right on that one.

come to think of it. no headlines last month.

"MANIAC MOTORIST BLOCKS TRAFFIC ON VICTORIA PASS to allow echidna safe passage across 4 lanes of highway."

was there.

n it did happen.... ummmm do u really need to know who decided they would rather risk have their car mashed than let little spiney one get hit?

ho well theres one new zealander who is till getting over seeing a real LIVE echidna jog across all that asphalt n make it in one piece

still cant believe anyone could find it in them to hurt these amazing little critters

Good on you!! Job well done! :eek:

As for the scum that hurt these creatures, karma doesn't come quick enough in my opinion.

I cant stand people who do this to pass their spare time...

It reminds me of when i was a kid. About 10 years old. And some other kids in the street were chasing a cat with sticks, and hitting it. When i saw it, i told them to stop being cruel to it. One of them replied "Its just a stupid animal, it doesnt have feelings"...

That blew me right over the edge, so i went inside, got changed into my batman costume, and went outside and beat him up with quite a large stick. (Or it might have been a cricket bat, cant really remember)... I never saw them pick on another animal ever again. :)

another sensless actof violence by a group of idiot thugs.. hope they are caught and punished..

poor wee echidna.. i have them in my area and actually in my gully.. i feel so blessed.

i too stop/slow for wildlife or anylife actually on the roads... quite a few do..

i recall once coming to a screaming stop beside the road for a tortoise,,, so did the car in the other direction.. both drivers met at the tortoise.. tortoise was helped to his destination across the road...

H

ps did not know until then that tortoise would pee on me