Skye Is Home

matilda1

Well, today the day finally arrived that Skye came home to us from Mildura pound.

My husband drove to the airport just a few hours ago to collect her.

She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

She's very frightened, sore, jetlagged and tired right now. She's coping well with the cats in the house and just fell asleep standing up leaning against the couch :laugh:

We're giving her a few hours peace and quiet brfore we introduce her to the other dogs, but I am sure they will be fine.

these photo's don't really do her justice. She's a beautiful rich colour.

Once she gains a little weight and gains confidence you will be bmbarded with photo's. Right now I just want to let her rest.

Here are a couple I took 5 minutes after her arrival.

Skye014.jpg

Skye023.jpg

Thank you.

we are currently going through the delicate process of introducing her to Katie our Blue Heeler.

My husband has taken the day off work tomorrow to help settle her in.

I love my husband. :laugh:

Katie is a very shy and not very confident dog, so thus far we have taken them outside onto neutral grounds to see if katie would be brave enough to greet Skye, but we are not getting close enough to each other to really tell what will happen.

So Skye is in her crate in the lounge room and katie is just roaming around getting used to her smells and sounds and can wander up to meet her when she is ready. She seems to be quite content just ignoring the fact Skye is there at the moment. And Skye is quite happy in her crate. i think she feels safe in there...and she keeps nodding off.

She is quite a stunner.

I don't think she needs weight - at least not too much extra. Must admit I like my dogs on the lean side if not exactly perfect.

OH looks and sounds as though he might be in love all over again with another body ...... lol.

Good luck and happy training :rofl:.

Yes, I have definately lost my husband to another woman :rofl:

I too like my dogs a little on the lean side especially when young.

Skye is just on 7 months. It doesn't show in the photo but you can actually count her ribs from the other side of the room. So she needs to gain a little. but for a dog who has just come through the pound and been on a plane ride, she is in really good condition.

A slight skin problem to deal with and possibly a really mild case of kennel cough. But she is fully vaccinated as are my others and I am doing temp checks etc every couple of hours. The cough is so mild that even if it was Kennel cough you would not treat at this point.

Any further symptoms than right now and we are straight to my work.

She's coming in with me on friday for my shift regardless so will have her checked over then.

the vet in Mildura was happy that she did NOT hvae kennel cough so the temp could just be stress and the mild cough could well be from the et tube during her op. Time will tell.

Eagle nursing eyes watching her here :rofl:

I can't figure out why she was dumped by her owner yet. She's a really sweet girl.

Allows full body check, good with the cats, seems fine with other dogs so far, very friendly and really smart.

He went through all the trouble of fully vaccinating her and microshipping her and then dumped her at the pound.

Maybe she was too rough on the sheep?? Or didn't want to work??

We might find out the reason someday, or maybe we'll never know.

My husband has taken the day off work tomorrow to help settle her in.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. He looks pretty damned comfortable doing that bonding. :laugh::rofl::laugh:

Does Skye really need the Eliz. Collar? Maybe she'd be happier and without it. Just a thought.

She is very beautiful and lovely long legs.

Yes, unfortunately she really needs that collar. She's straight onto her stitches without it. :laugh:

Was introduced properly to katie lsat night they are happy co-existing already. they haven't exactly played together yet, but will just curl up in seperate areas of the lounge without bothering about each other can move around the house without feeling threatened by the other. it's a great start in such early days.