I've Learned Something New Today

Kirislin

Had an interesting and enlightening conversation with a woman at the park today. She had a tiny 9 week old puppy and she told me it's a "pure Staffy". The way you can tell, and this must be fair dinkum cause the breeder told her, is that pure staffies have 5 moles on their face. When I explained to her that all dogs have 5 moles she didn't care. I showed her on the whippets, the Italian Greyhound and the 2 little mutts I had with me.

I suppose I need to get in touch with Dogs Vic to see about having my dogs papers changed from Whippet to Staffordshire terrier. :laugh:

She also told me that the Iggy I had with me was a miniature Dalmation, bet you never knew there was such a breed did you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: I guess that made your day, Kirislin. How did you keep a straight face while she told you all this?

Doncha just LOVE these experts :D - The number of times I've been told that my dog "Must be a Labradoodle, Poodles don't grow that big"

Well my Poodle never grew that big. :D

She also told me that the Iggy I had with me was a miniature Dalmation, bet you never knew there was such a breed did you.
:laugh::laugh: Don't tell Deshonko Kennels.
LOL funny.

But truthfully, I did learn soemthing new today...I didnt know all dogs had 5 moles on their face.

I knew they all had moles but I didnt know there was a spcific number...we can guarantee I will be counting them later LOL

Me too :o:o

I knew this bloke years ago who lost his german shepherd. A few weeks later he was all happy saying he'd found him. When I saw "Duke" again I could see it was a different dog, completely different shaped head, totally different personality but he knew as soon as he saw him it was Duke because....you guessed it, it had moles on its face just where Dukes were.

I suppose the only good thing about it was a lost GSD got a new home, but I never found out what became of the real Duke. :laugh:

I knew this bloke years ago who lost his german shepherd. A few weeks later he was all happy saying he'd found him. When I saw "Duke" again I could see it was a different dog, completely different shaped head, totally different personality but he knew as soon as he saw him it was Duke because....you guessed it, it had moles on its face just where Dukes were.

Are you sure it wasn't a staffy :laugh::laugh:

People are funny :laugh:

I was waiting at the vet a couple of weeks ago... a lady asked me what breed Nandi was, I told her she is a JRT.

She looked at Nandi and said:...... "She is X-ed with a Silky terrier."

I said:..... ""No she is pure."

She just looked at me and said.... "No she is not I can definitely see Silky in her." :laugh:

I didn't argue with her, just smiled...... :o

Edited by Tokkie

Reminds me of a poster I saw on the notice board at vets the other day: GORGEOUS PURE BRED MALTESE SHITZU puppies :laugh:

I wonder if it was the same puppies I saw at the local show today. In a cardboard box, eye's not even opened yet, kids poking at them and a big for sale sign with "orders being taken" on it. :laugh:

Reminds me of a poster I saw on the notice board at vets the other day: GORGEOUS PURE BRED MALTESE SHITZU puppies :laugh:

I wonder if it was the same puppies I saw at the local show today. In a cardboard box, eye's not even opened yet, kids poking at them and a big for sale sign with "orders being taken" on it. :o

Oh that's just wrong! :laugh:

Doncha just LOVE these experts :) - The number of times I've been told that my dog "Must be a Labradoodle, Poodles don't grow that big"

GAH!! I don't even particularly have a soft spot for poodles but that would infuriate me!

I used to get the same thing quite often.... when people would see my Black Standard Poodle Rose, they would often say, "I like your Labradoodle".

She was clearly a nicely bred pedigreed SP bitch.

Granted you don't see heaps of Standards around the streets, so I forgive these people, but it can be annoying can't it?!

Reminds me of a poster I saw on the notice board at vets the other day: GORGEOUS PURE BRED MALTESE SHITZU puppies :)

The best one I ever saw was the poster advertising Maltese/Shiatsu puppies - they're the ones that are small, white, fluffy & give you a massage :eek:

Doncha just LOVE these experts :provoke: - The number of times I've been told that my dog "Must be a Labradoodle, Poodles don't grow that big"

GAH!! I don't even particularly have a soft spot for poodles but that would infuriate me!

I used to get the same thing quite often.... when people would see my Black Standard Poodle Rose, they would often say, "I like your Labradoodle".

She was clearly a nicely bred pedigreed SP bitch.

Granted you don't see heaps of Standards around the streets, so I forgive these people, but it can be annoying can't it?!

I used to forgive them, too & explain patiently what a "Standard" Poodle was - most people would be quite interested - had quite a few men comment "Oh, I always thought they were poofey little dogs, but your dog's what I call a DOG"

Note for Iggy Rescue - advertise Enzo with Dally Rescue too :)

:provoke: