Judy Gard - All Done

Steve

even though Judy's case wasn't listed for mention today,it went ahead any way

She was advised of this late yesterday and just as well she didnt have a lot of notice as she was a screaming mess by the time she got to court any way

They were all there in their glory but Judy's solicitor managed to get it down from 41 charges to 16. Still enough for Judy to just about have heart failure

The magistrate was really good and realized that she is not a felon but somebody who did a stupid thing and also went on to say that this would serve to let others know that this cannot not be done any longer

She got a no conviction with a 12 months good behaviour bond and she has to pay the rspca costs of "looking after her dogs" She has three months to do this .

It seems that it is over!!! 12 months of hell but I hope she can start to get on with her life again now

Judy asked to Thank you all for your support . Things like this certainly show you who your friends are

Julie

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got a no conviction with a 12 months good behaviour bond and she has to pay the rspca costs of "looking after her dogs" She has three months to do this .

Where does she stand as a breeder, Vicdogs (?) member, showie?

Where does she stand as a breeder, Vicdogs (?) member, showie?

No change as there was no conviction - she just has to find the rest of the money now to cover the legals and the bills from the RSPCA for when they looked after her dogs while they held them for examinations and expert witness arrival.

Thank goodness that ordeal is over, for Judy's sake. But by lord ..... 12 month's of making her life a misery, all because she "exhibited" her voice lowered dogs. Hope the RSPCA is proud of their "16 wins". Truly padded out, by the sounds, seeing as 25 of the others were dismissed.

Steve - if it is not too rude to ask :

What costs ended up being associated with the RSPCA's "care" of Judy's dogs? (Phew - I was so relieved to know that they were being protected from exhibition at DogsVic sanctioned shows :).)

What did the other additional expenses (including solicitor fees; court costs; etc) amount to?

Please let me know to pull my head in and mind my own, if I am out of order for asking.

Edited by Erny

Thank goodness that ordeal is over, for Judy's sake. But by lord ..... 12 month's of making her life a misery, all because she "exhibited" her voice lowered dogs. Hope the RSPCA is proud of their "16 wins". Truly padded out, by the sounds, seeing as 25 of the others were dismissed.

Steve - if it is not too rude to ask :

What costs ended up being associated with the RSPCA's "care" of Judy's dogs? (Phew - I was so relieved to know that they were being protected from exhibition at DogsVic sanctioned shows for the duration.)

What did the other additional expenses (including solicitor fees; court costs; etc) amount to?

Please let me know to pull my head in and mind my own, if I am out of order for asking.

I don't know Ive asked but so far - because I didn't get to it until late - no reply.

She may also have been told to gag but I will let you know as soon as I get and answer.

It seems that it is over!!! 12 months of hell but I hope she can start to get on with her life again now

Unbelievable. That poor bloody woman. Just shaking my head. I hope she can one day get on with her life as well.

Thank heavens it is over!!!

Hopefully the poor woman can have some peace now.

I'm sooo pleased it didn't go past a mention.

Another who would like to know if she needs some assistance with costs and who also understands that it is none of my business and I too an asking out of order.

what else can we do to help Judy put her life back together and how many $ will it take to pay the RSPCA for their "care" of Judy's dogs.

I hope that Judy is free to talk about what the pack of a-holes did to her and the dogs, that's if she's up to it.

I wonder what happened to that vet ?

At least there was the sense to see that she is not a criminal & not record a conviction but

it is still an outrage.

To have to pay the cost of the dogs care when they were not at risk & should not have been seized, removed & held at all is the unjust part.

Watching RSPCA Rescue on TV the whole of Australia have seen animals in far worse condition left with the owners in less than ideal conditions.

This was all a point of principle not cruelty.

I'm so very relieved for Judy and I know how relieved she is. Its not fair that she has to pay for their apparent care of her dogs but the most important thing is that she can now continue to do what she does best (and what she loves) breed, show and enjoy her precious Tibetan Spaniels.

Thank dog a bit of common sense has finally prevailed.

Steve, Please let us know if further funds are needed for Judy's legals.

This could have been any of us for as many different reasons as there are dog breeders.

fifi

That poor woman!

Exhibiting a debarked dog is not an act of cruelty! I am glad that the magistrate was a sensible and reasonable person.

Why does she have to pay the RSPCA at all?

Sure, she did the wrong thing by exhibiting a debarked dog but surely a fine would suffice? not having her dogs seized...

I see people everyday who treat their animals very badly (imo) but yet cannot be prosecuted by the RSPCA becuase they have food, shelter water etc. Puppy farms are an example of this.

Surely the RSPCA should spend their time and effort (and our money) on prosecuting REAL cruelty cases not just trying to make a point to registered breeders :crossfingers:

Edited by aussielover

I cannot believe what this poor woman has been MADE to go through! Totally unjust and unecessary! It is an outrage. Seizing her animals simply because they were debarked???? Pathetic. Were they starved? neglected? was there any act of cruelty? NO, therefore they should NOT have been seized. I haven't heard of this story till this very moment so did a quick search to have a better idea of what has happened and to say that I am reeling is an understatement!!! Glad that things have turned out this way but quite honestly she should NOT have to pay any costs associated with her beloved dogs being seized! I really have little respect for the RPSCA, they need to get their priorities right!